Seed popping comments

:slight_smile: lololol it happens bro Lol I had some one time got like 4-5 inches long and they were all twisted together lol so yeah it happens lol

The cruelty…

2 Likes

Totally dude, it’s really interesting, this paper was good and they do a chemical analysis of fresh aloe so you can see the GA3 content. They are using aloe saponaria or African/soap aloe instead of aloe vera but you get an idea of what the aloes do:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1319562X22001097

4 Likes

Oh shit forgot to plant these too…

5 Likes

I would like to take a aloe cube shove a seed in it and direct sow it will some good compost and wormcast like kinda layer it a handful WC on top then compost all around :slight_smile: that’s cool

1 Like
1 Like

Everything bro, everything. Just ask her.
:rofl:

1 Like

Several times, Not enough moisture wasn’t a issue. To warm maybe!

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

I always put a towel or two folded up between the tray and heat mat to lower the temps more
Not sure if I included that info in the tute tho, if not sorry, my bad.

edit… just checked and yes I did include it but not in any detail,
“I place it on a heatpad with an insulator between to lessen the temps a bit.”

4 Likes

I had them on a heating pad with a cover. But, I don’t know how hot it gets. Will try again. when I have a lot of seeds. Half on WC and half on paper towels.

3 Likes

I use a controller with my heat mat and put the probe in with the seeds so it keeps the temps where I want them.

2 Likes

lol a controller works also cuz. I’m just too cheap to spring for one. Folded towels work fine for me

2 Likes

I have two pads with controllers. they were being used elsewhere at the time :smiley:

:green_heart: :seedling:

some one mentioned using gauze instead of paper towels ?? thoughts – have a run of bad luck 10 seeds NO GERMINATION – need to re-think something ??? the only method I haven’t used is “Praying over the seeds” !!!

1 Like

Where did the seeds come from? We’re they dryed proper first ? Or were they too cold? Try a wet dry wet dry or enzyme water or both

1 Like

The soil does eat some, but not many. Temps to me are the quiet killer. Not low temps, but those seed mats cook pretty good, and if you are covering too, it’s like an oven in there.

My go to is a digital thermometer. If I am near 80, I back it off. I like 70-75 soil temp for seedlings.

…and worms are the key that unlocks the doors to microbial bliss🤌:skunk::pineapple:

6 Likes

Yes purple nonsulfer bacteria :slight_smile:

1 Like

Intent goes a long way too, you can sing to your seeds, you can whisper to them: dear beautiful, strong, fertile, vigorous, funky, awesome, amazing seeds, I intend for you to unfold yourselves into the most glorious expressions of existence, magnificent beyond anything I can even imagine.

What you can also do is SPIT ON THEM, or just put them in your mouth and spit them unto the soil, our saliva contains lots of enzymes that should soften the shells, providing beneficial bacteria and triggering them into growth.

Ofcourse what you have eaten just before will influence the outcome, make sure you have eaten a piece of fruit to increase potential for positive outcome.

Wormcastings work so well because the slime the worms add to the soil when it comes out their backend is quite similar to saliva. Worms are really like 90% mouth.
They’re spindely mouths.

I’ll copy this into its own thread, it’ll be a hoot.

Edit: Spit on them

4 Likes

Used to use paper towels. Still do sometimes and probably will again.

These days I’m partial to direct-sow.

8 Likes

Be aware that different plant are bread in different manners. An all organic approach like @JohnnyPotseed utilizes, wont necessarily work for the beans you have. Plants breed in a sterile environment won’t be accalamized to an all organic germination method.

@DougDawson;
On merit, I have only used the paper towel method a couple of times, resulting in zero success. I blame the “Ziplock Sandwich Bags” :wink:.