Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 DBHP - Give Away Has Ended

Very true though coconut water, aloe water and kelp kills brix so if I have to use them, its very limited and for a very specific reason

2 Likes

It never ends :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Careful, I love everything about neem except maybe the smell. :nauseated_face:

Perhaps there is a link between CHS and azadiractin, especially people who are sensitive to it. However, I would be willing to bet diamonds to doughnuts that the azadiractin is not coming from a cold pressed neem oil. More likely extracted into a product like Azamax used to treat an infestation to save the crop. Neem meal in the soil is also not been linked to CHS.

I guess my point is, the only way to know what you are consuming is to control the process every step of the way. I don’t even want to think about what I have smoked in my black market weed over the years.

6 Likes

bushmaster was the first one i ever heard of, about 20 years ago.
…friend said it was NO bueno. :skull_crossbones:

and…

https://hightimes.com/grow/what-are-pgrs-and-why-are-they-in-my-weed

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Your probably right as its quite easy to change a molecule with other additives like I explained in the anionic Phosphate tea though it does need further exploration…waiting for the current buzz about it to die down so finding the initial research is easier to find as well as, other researchers with their own papers to prove or disprove it… I was just using it as an example and hope not to add to the current scare - we use many natural things that are poisons like my use of nettle instead of aloe or the as seen on tv nerve away :wink:

Exactly

3 Likes

Wait, aloe is poisonous? I consume aloe all the time! Oh wait, too much water can kill me too… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you for the OG link…very detailed explanations of each chemical all in one spot! Really helps to see the action then try to find a natural occurring one to see if its one I know that is beneficial or harmful to the plant.

A lot goes on in the cellular/ionic growth/exchange system that we know little about and with cannabis under a microscope we are learning more and more each day. At the moment I am fascinated in the world of epigenetics…its a relatively new form of science looking at environmental changes which I have inadvertently demonstrated in my Cackleberry thread over on GC

2 Likes

ROFL!!! No, but it drops sugar content like a brick having the plant focus more on growth than producing sugar/sap and since this is a brix grow, you could say its dangerous :wink:

I can testify that too much water can and will kill you as it flushes the system of necessary electrolytes as I sometimes forget with a quick reminder with a visit to the er as my potassium drops to dangerous levels which leaves me back to measuring my water intake until I can get it back under control again

edited to add: its the nettle that is poisonous :wink:

2 Likes

And now back to the plants…

I don’t know if any of you have noticed the leaves on 5 & 6 but they look wicked cool forking like a snake. I keep looking at those two “secretely” hoping they keep the trait

7 Likes

are you planning to select 2 or grow them all out? sorry if i missed that somewhere. :blush:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

So, I’m assuming that “hashplant” type varieties are grown for resin/terpene production? If so, I might have to invest in some to grow for the purpose of extraction for tinctures and edibles for the wifey

2 Likes

You didn’t miss it…I am taking this one step at a time. When it becomes closer to sex selection I will inform @Tinytuttle and @OrganicGorilla to come to a consensus like I did for final pot selection and if we can’t for some reason it will become a poll for the community to decide as we could go many different directions from here :wink:

4 Likes

That’s what they say…hashplant in itself is known to produce above average trichomes though much of it depends upon the environment its grown in to see full expression or not though seeking known trichome heavy varieties is a great investment for extractions in a rosin press though I prefer food grade alcohol (everclear/moonshine) rather than bho or iso though ice water/dry ice extractions are just as good…depends upon the goal of your final product - many options to choose from :wink:

3 Likes

Where did you learn this stuff? Surely not just books. I am very interested in studying organic gardening.

4 Likes

All over just having an inquisitive mind and following research then comparing known variables with further tweaking for my specific environment and built upon it over time as I learn new approaches to compare to what I was originally taught waaaay back in my teens from my uncles that produced the best bud around at the time…the same end goal as everyone else just different approach :wink:

In this journal, I am just showing a little known alternative “old school” way to produce great plants focusing on sugar/sap/brix levels to see the “blood” sap this strain is known for in which we will get to see tomorrow which ones, if any have that trait as I have done my best to coax it this far though may need a bit longer time as sap production has just started on these babies…this particular filial generation is known to have only 10-15% “blood” sap so we’ll see as time goes on :wink:

5 Likes

Makes me wish my Gramps was still alive and that I had an interest when he was. I could have learned so much from him.

1 Like

Perhaps. I just have the benefit of coming from a “young” family so many of my younger aunts and uncles are near my age then adding to being in an environment where 25 yrs ago, everything had to be shipped up so 4 “ambassadors” from our family would take a yearly visit to Washington and Oregon to restock supplies for 5 nearby families for the year as we really focused on surviving through the long winters…growers and growers in training took precedence on who went to learn more agricultural practices though in the older generations minds to produce something other than cole crops and potato’s and in younger generations minds to get better at cannabis growing - everyone was happy as long as what was spent benefited all and it did oh boy it did lol

7 Likes

Update time! Cuttings set up to root…the peat pellets sat overnight in 1Tb cottonwood tea with 2c water…put 1/2c into the fridge to cool. Once cut they were set into the cold cottonwood tea water to take brix readings from the lowest (biggest) leaf stem 1 hr before lights off for the highest amount of sugar/sap built up from the day. The cuttings were then placed into the peat pellets and sprinkled with a small pinch of cinnamon then placed into labeled styrofoam cups with the tops cut off

With the cuttings in place, I put some distilled water onto the top of the dome, swished it around a bit and poured it off then covered the cuttings to build humidity then turned the lights off for 6 hrs to recuperate

Whelp guys, we have 60% bleeders! Brix levels are also great especially #3 at 2% though the others aren’t too far behind at 1.5 - 1.75%

Calibrated to 0 using a couple drops of distilled water

Day 28 Numbers 1-3

Day 27 Numbers 4-6

Day 25 Number 7

Just after lights off to recuperate

:stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

We’ve got some bleeders! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Is the cinnamon a pest preventative or…?

1 Like