Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi Preservation Project In-house Special

Awesome! I’m glad we can all be apart of this please tag your friends we need that word of mouth

2 Likes

Well I voted to be a breeder, but that’s really only saying I have the space. Lol. And if we have no other volunteers then I’ll try and step up. :sweat_smile:

:v:

4 Likes

Manual like override @Fewding woohoo I’m so happy that you voted breeder, in the end it will come down to the community vote but I encourage everyone to vote breeder :+1: I would but my season it coming to an end. . .I’m working on my solar ghetto grow for indoors but no promises yet plus it’s a micro grow . . . So that a no go lol

5 Likes

Does anyone have any person they would like to nominate as a breeder? Please tag them here👍

3 Likes

Oh yeah hopefully someone with experience can step up to the plate. Come on people we need some initiative!

:v:

5 Likes

Experience isn’t really necessary, it’s super simple. It’s just plants having sex. You put a boy plant and a girl plant alone in a dark room together, the boy plant gets on top of the girl plant and pees in her butt, and then the girl plant gets all fat and then you get a bunch of seeds. Hardest part is thinking what to name the seeds.

17 Likes

Shit @Hoodini I think ya got em all … made my job easier! LOL

1 Like

OMG this shit had me ROFL! You painted a nice visual there for me @McMuffin!

5 Likes

I’m aiming for participation my man, it all comes down to the community vote with the donators allowed the final say

3 Likes

I would not say im a breeder, but I am down to help out in any way i can. Yall just let me know what ya need from the Dr.

4 Likes

I’ve been hesitant to sign up as a breeder, because I have suspicions that a larger area might be needed, but here goes.

If I get rid of the 6" clones on the right side [Clones have been placed with a loving owner already, damn that was a record one day adoption process!], that aren’t up to standards for breeding with, then I have a 4’x4’ area with 6’ clearance under the lights, right now (the room is a mess, but it’s on the schedule for clean up next weekend and the plants on the left are clones from stuff currently in flower that will be moved or destroyed once I test their clonal parent!),

and a 2’x2’ separate area with 5’ clearance under a light, that can be used to isolate a male, right now.

I also have a 2’x4’ grow tent with 5’6" clearance under the light, that will be freed up within a month or so (waiting on 3 plants to finish late stage flowering).

[All areas are well insulated and temperature controlled with active air exchange, but with no humidity control (which hasn’t caused any issues to date).]

All soil is 100% living organic with a mulch layer, 100% natural inputs, with lots of worms and beneficial insects in every handful of it. I use only living solutions for pests, such as predatory mites, nematodes, sprayable microbiology (Don’t even bother to tell me to spray chemicals/oils, I won’t. I’ll order living controls and ignore the -flavor of the day- suggestion!). Depending on what the plants want, I supplement nutrients with PacificGro Oceanic Hydrolysate, insect frass, em1, gro-kashi, fermented plant juice (KNF-FPJ, using comfrey & wild carrot/dandelion greens), water soluble calcium (KNF-WCA, using bone & eggshells), malted barley powder, kelp, etc. [Almost all of my supplements are from KIS Organics, which is very close by, or Build-A-Soil.] I also apply aerated compost teas 5-8 times during each grow cycle, using a Tim Wilson designed 55 gallon bioreactor.
The 4x4 area is watered with blumats and the 2x4 & 2x2 areas are hand watered to approx. 100 millibars on a blumat moisture meter.

I have never worked with Bodhi gear before. I have grown over 40 different strains (probably more if I actually counted) from pure landrace sativas to self created feminized auto flowers, so I’m at least well versed in the variations that exist within the cannabis species. I’ve also grown on the commercial scale, which is less impressive than it sounds, since it’s more about managing people & record keeping at that scale, than it is about spending time with each plant.

If chosen, I can grow out up to 10 plants, isolating any males in the 2x4 & 2x2 areas, and keeping all of the girls in the 4x4 area. They will each be grown to approximately 18" (unless fewer seeds germinate and more area is freed up for low stress training) and then the females will be flipped to flower, with the males being flipped 1-2 weeks later so that I get a higher flower count before pollen comes on full steam. All females will get open pollinated multiple times by all male plants. Plants will be culled if they appear to be genetically inferior (as decided by a vote), just as flowering stretch takes place. Once the females are fully pollinated and some extra pollen is collected for future community projects, I will cull the males. The pollinated females will be grown until all the seeds are fully mature (usually 40ish days) before they are dried and processed. I have bucked and deseeded dozens of plants for seed production purposes in the past. [If, and only if, an exceptionally stellar “keeper” plant is identified then I’ll make some clones.]

All decisions that can reasonably be made with input from the OG crew will be done that way (*see my philosophy on pesticide sprays above). I keep a grow journal on OG that is updated with photos once a week, time permitting, so progress can be followed. Feel free to ask questions if I haven’t covered them.

Disclaimer: over a decade of growing has taught me that there is constantly stuff to learn and to always stay humble.

15 Likes

If there are enough breeders, I may have another special B pack I’m willing to donate on top of the DBHP and 1/2 pack SSDD. It’s his very special CBD Line, Good Medicine.

12 Likes

I’d be comfy with @MomOnTheRun doing a f2 run if we’ve got a position open.
I’m not usually into giving too much to new members but 1. her current grow is solid
2. She’s already got my prerequisite number of reputation pips.
3. She has experience with CS and opens possibility of a fem release later on for our picky members.
4. Not enough lady growers in the world, I’ve been inspired by IG personalities like Ms radreefer, and Cali.farmgirl and think we need more like them.
I am in approval of everyone else so far as well.

15 Likes

Amazing guys, @Sebring and @Dr_Jekyll please vote at the poll for breeder so i don’t forget you when the polls close, to the breeders that have already voted thank you​:+1::+1::+1: to the donators you are amazing, and to our supporters, we could do this without you​:v::+1:

4 Likes

@MomOnTheRun you have been nominated so please vote for breeder at the polls, @OrganicGorilla we thank you for your graciousness👍

7 Likes

@Hoodini
What are we doing here? F2 and gifting some bodhi stuff?
I’m in the process of collecting sunshine daydream pollen now. Was planning to f2.

11 Likes

@Dewb Yup we are getting people to donate or be involved in anyway to f2 bodhis work and gift them free of charge to anyone who need them, if your already going to f2, and want to be involved, please vote breeder. You could be getting us closer to success sooner than expected. . .:+1::+1: even donating some pollen for us would be great my brother!

6 Likes

Just a thought, but I have had some seeds seized by customs… Should we pick breeders that are in the same country? Less chance of customs issues in mailing?

3 Likes

If that’s going to be a possibility then absolutely, I agree 100% and also as a disclaimer the breeders must all follow all state and or country laws regarding marijuana cultivation and should be legal to do so, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_doubt,
we want to be safe over everything guys, @Meesh has brought this to my attention, thank you😁.

7 Likes

Pm -Post must be at least 20 characters-

2 Likes