Seed Run Co-op: Bodhi's Cheech Wizard **Closed**

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to have these show up in my mailbox…

Great update as always :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Great update and details. I am horrible at describing smells… 2-3hrs a night shukkin seadz! Oh my, guess there are worse problems to have! Rest those sticky fingers for later tonight. I will burn one thinking of your efforts!!!

Grow4th!!!

8 Likes

Shucking seeds can be a real bitch but sticky fingers = finger hash, a lovely treat :blush:

11 Likes

They look like stamen to me, or leftovers from the males, spreading their dude dust.

Just keep her in the corner to attract all the gnats! She looks pretty preggo to me

10 Likes

Shucking seeds is a thankless job (except for the finger hash!).

The girls are looking great! #7 is the prettiest IMO, but 10 and 11 look like they have fewer fan leaves in their buds.

On a side note, we make our own dog food too (doggie stew), and use it to spice up their dry food! Crazy to think that prior to the early 1900’s there was no such thing as “dog food”. They just lived off of kitchen scraps…

15 Likes

had this exact same thought. those bracts must be stuffed full if they’re just dropping immature seeds like that.

wonder if that can still be considered “charas” or not :thinking:

7 Likes

We were on the same wavelength :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I guess you have shucked some seeds!

This schucks!

6 Likes

I don’t see why not, hell it even looks the same.

5 Likes

thats what i figured, i mean you’re not “hand rubbing” it necessarily, but it is coming off your hands.

6 Likes

I would have said those things are male flowers that dropped and stuck to the girls, but that seems unlikely given how @nube pollinated these…

@nube one of my anti-fungus gnat products, goGnats, has cedar oil for an active ingredient, I wonder, was the cedar smelling plant (#9) less impacted by the gnats than the rest?

I love your descriptions of the plants structure/growth habit/nose!

9 Likes

I think I’m liking #8 and #11, with #11 my favorite. You definitely have some variation with them. Each one is sort of unique.

No Curry smells? I’m finding a lot of the smells while growing normally change once cured.

I have a million seeds to shuck as well. I’m being lazy about getting to them but winter is almost here and I’ve made a commitment to get them all done and organized.

Keep the good music going while you’re shucking for extra motivation. Peace

9 Likes

Shuck yeah! That #10 sounds cool with the kitchen spices smells… wonder if thats the curry pheno ha.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen similar pics in some of nube’s other seed run logs, totally looked like stamen. But in the above pics, they look like immature seeds. To me, anyway.

7 Likes

Looking great! Pheno #9 is especially interesting to me. I love cedar terps and outdoor growing :yum:

2 Likes

My sister actually gave me two butterwort plants. Not sure if you’re familiar with them, but they are interesting plants, and they do catch a lot of fungus gnats.

And from your description and the looks, I like #11. But, as you stated, cant tell until you smoke it…

5 Likes

I would love to try and get a plant like this in the rotation for next years outdoor. Based on the density you are finding in all the buds, do you think it would be a risky plant to try and run only a few outdoors?

17 Likes

No worries man, if you can’t get it squared away by 2022, let me know and I’ll send you whatever you need directly.

You make a very good point. Punnett squares work great for simple genomes such as peas, but they’re essentially useless for cannabis breeding because of many factors, including the fact that we haven’t sequenced the cannabis genome, as well as epigenetics and phenotypic plasticity. Punnett squares in cannabis breeding are theoretical, not practical, because they rely on very big assumptions of perfect selections in each round.

Don’t believe it when someone claiming to be a breeder quotes either punnett squares or % of inherited DNA passed to seeds during inbreeding. Without genetic testing or sampling literally thousands of plants with a very well-developed test methodology, there’s simply no way to tell if more than a couple specific genetic traits will be passed on AND won’t be influenced by terroir. You can’t reliably “true breed” cannabis for more than a couple traits, and none of the complex ones like effects or potency. Not even smell or flavor, tbh. You can get similar, but don’t believe it when someone claims their Ultimate OG bx3 is “91% the same as the original Ultimate OG.” It’s not, and even if it was, how do you know that remaining 9% difference isn’t linked to all the undesirable traits? You don’t. That doesn’t mean it might not be good weed; it just means that their claims that it’s any closer to the original clone than a simple F1 cross are pretty much bullshit. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but there’s always more room at this table. :slight_smile: Please stick around!

Thanks for the quotes. I agree about fluidity of sexuality in cannabis. There’s actually university research going on RIGHT NOW trying to nail down the genes associated with that gender fluidity, as being able to produce seedless weed is apparently super important in hemp crops.

You betcha! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the good contributions my friend. I like hearing people’s experiences and observations. I think we’re going to learn alot about weed in the next few decades as more countries legalize and open up research.

I hear ya. I try to use all my likes every day and I encourage everyone to do the same. I sure wish we had more likes and that everyone gave more than they received!

Totally familiar with it thanks to Paul Stamets. Great read, and that plus Fantastic Fungi really opened up my eyes to how much more there is to the world than what we think!

Agree 100% with everything you wrote. There’s just so many unknowns that the more we learn, the more we realize how little we actually know. Most of the conventional wisdom of the past is replaced by entirely new understandings, and these days it’s happening faster than ever! You’re not veering off topic at all. I think this stuff is great!

Agreed, that one’s very beautiful looking. Her sensi run is just about to come down and she’s again looking beautiful! @invisible I don’t think she’s my favorite, not yet anyway, but she sure is a looker! Requires more sampling. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s so funny because it turns out the colorful ones are likely better to eat! I know I vastly prefer purple potatoes to any of the varieties with beige colored flesh.

Yeah, people gotta understand that there’s a lot more to it than just raw THC%. I’d venture to say that THC content is only responsible for 1/3 to 1/2 the effects we feel. Unfortunately, people always think bigger is better. :confused:

Must be that SL papa! :wink:

Damn, I never would have listened to DJ Short’s potcast before I saw this comment, but now I actually might. That’s a great catch! Thank you! Got any idea of the timestamp for that specific question?

Crazy! Such different genepools producing similar looking plants is a super neat outcome! Got some pics for reference? Please post them here, I’d love to see it.

No worries, that’s just how it goes. That’s funny that someone else made a cross with CW and called it Apprentice, since bodhi’s Cheech Wizard x Appy cross was Sorcerer’s Apprentice! I wonder what pheno of CW he used in that cross…I may have to investigate! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to hear from you again soon. :slight_smile:

Yeah, at some points I’ve gotten curry and spicy peppers and kitchen herbs, but I don’t know if any of the finished plants will have that. We’re about to find out though… :wink:

How come you think dense buds are a good trait overall? I’m curious what people’s thoughts are on bud density and why we want it past a certain point. Does it confer any advantages to the plant in growth or to the toker in smoke? I’m not sure I see any benefits past a medium density, especially not for home growers, but I’m open to others opinions. :slight_smile: Also, the #8 smells incredible when shucking. SUPER dank, but not at all what I was expecting. It’s like it got the Green Curry smells but the Snow Lotus looks.

@LegsMahoney Nah man, they’re just pollen sacks from me shaking the males over top the females. Like @iamyou_youareme said. :slight_smile: @Dirtron your instincts were totally right about the male flowers. Turns out, I try everything I can to eek out each little bit of pollen. :wink: Lots of people have made lots of gross jokes about it…but I don’t want to make this a sexist thing that offends any women who may be viewing. :beers:

@Greenhighlander I got you buddy. :slight_smile:

@LegsMahoney LOL I wish, but I’ve made the mistake of rubbing my eyes after handling weed too many times over the years. Now I try to use gloves 100% of the time when working with plants just to avoid accidentally rubbing them.

That’s awesome! Ours is so yummy that sometimes I’ll take a few bites. It’s basically a dry-ish chicken stew with sweet potatoes, carrots, lots of greens, and blueberries mixed with brown rice and eggs. Add a little salt and it’s amazing when fresh…

lol man, I’ve made that joke way too many times in the last couple weeks. :wink: Oh shucks!

For whatever reason, the only plant that had a lot stuck to it was #8. None of the other plants had more than 1 or 2 stuck to them. It could have been due to the terps, and I think it’s also possible that #8’s resin is just stickier than the rest. Food for thought, though!

No doubt! Sometimes music, sometimes podcasts. I’ve prolly listened to bodhi’s potcasts 10 times while shucking, and each time I hear something new that I missed every time before!

That’s totally possible. We’re for sure gonna find out! Got two of her clones about 14 days into flower right now… :slight_smile: I hope to keep them happier than last round! Also LOL at the shucking joke!

@Greasy I feel like this one might have the structure to excel like the Ancient OG crosses do outdoors, but I have no idea in terms of budrot or PM resistance, as I haven’t had issues here due to low humidity. I guess we’ll see, though…

Wow that’s really cool! I’ve never heard of that before. After googling, I see they have sticky trichs as well, and that they’re a carnivorous plant. Wow, they’d probably explode in my house…we always seem to have gnats flying around from either the weed or the house plants or the compost bucket. I may have to find some. How easy are they to grow?

On the subject of pretty phenos, I have to agree that #11 looks super beautiful, as do #8 and #7. Hoping that #10 is a black swan or whatever they call it. :wink:

:peace_symbol: :sun_with_face:
:rainbow_flag: :seedling:

48 Likes

I just happened upon this photo on instagram yesterday. I think Night Owl only does autos. Sure does look pretty though!

21 Likes

#9 is the pheno I will be looking for. I love that cedar smoke .

17 Likes

This is such an immense point that just can’t be overstated. Felt I needed to quote it just to state it again. It’s so depressing how people don’t understand THC being only one small piece of the puzzle as far as weed’s effects go.

15 Likes