Seed Run Co-op: SpeesCees Santa Maria Planck IBL

Canā€™t wait to see how these turn out. I love me some good sativa.

6 Likes

Super excited about this one. Great stuff folks!

14 Likes

Yeah me too just had a read about it sounds fantastic! thanks to @StevieG for donating and thanks to @TheBubbleKing for getting the green thumb out for thisā€¦ exciting :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Love that this is happening. We donā€™t get a lot of the European cuts circulating here stateside and this is the next best thing.

An inbred extremely fast narrowleaf plant, might be a wonderful pairing to the Cindy/Apollo family.

9 Likes

Well, sativa is my go to smoke, I love it. And Iā€™m pretty sure a user calling himself speecees earned a a 60 year ban here. But sativa. Where do I sign up? Thanks guys!

6 Likes

Interesting. But it looks like he might be back in 1,5 years. :grin:

Thanks, that thread was a fun read. :joy:

6 Likes

The first 4 volunteers.
They rolled out of the baggie firstā€¦
Iā€™m not going to pop all seeds now.
Is 4 enough? let me know what your opions are. I donā€™t have a whole lift a room to grow in but I could go a cple more if needed.

In the jar for the first 24 hrs.

9 Likes

I found, with the Jungle Spice male test, that I had an inclination to hold back seeds. Just in case. The reality was that putting them all in water at the same time would have significantly simplified all the subsequent phases.

Are they IBL? Are you planning on doing selection or just banging the first male into the first female that appears?

9 Likes

Germination rate is unlikely to be 100%, and like allora said, youā€™ll probably save yourself some time and effort starting a bunch at once instead of staggered

9 Likes

also agree. the germ rates on the seeds from the speecees contest have been documented to be not so great.
and in my experience with only four seeds your sample size isnā€™t quite large enough to guarantee male and female specimens.

7 Likes

I was thinking more of future unthinkable and unmentionables when I was holding back. @StevieG was very generous with the donation so Iā€™ll suppress my paranoid tendencies in large grows in 420 unfriendly places and Iā€™ll do ten. I was hoping for at least 1 male out of the 4 and I was going to let it have all females and clone two female keepers. If I went ten. I could be more selective with males if any more or if any at all show up. Thank you for your thoughts. 10 it is. . with plenty more one day.

9 Likes

the problem is when they turn out to be 4 males or 4 females which has happened to me and then unless you have pollen you are screwed

15 Likes

Listen to Samā€¦HE KNOWS OF WHAT HE SPEAKSā€¦cannot do justice to it with 4!! No way.

The strain is MAGICALā€¦truely is. Taste is amazing, high stupendous, she deserves a fair run , drop 11!

11 Likes

i suggest popping as many as your space permits. you can always cull some later if theyre crowding you

6 Likes

6 more

In the jar

20 Likes

Go for 11ā€¦odd number works in your favor, and you can pretend your Bodhi!!!

7 Likes

I canā€™t find it in me to cull anything. I might have to keep a few insideā€¦ They will all be started inside .i was wanting to grow and finish outdoors.a cple 20ā€™ sativa trees I can get away with, but not a forest of sativa. Winter has been real mild here . in about a month. They can probably stay outside. Summers start early here and last a long time

12 Likes

These are not the same landrace Santa Maria sativas that they were when they left Brazil, these have been ā€˜dutchedā€™ so to speak.

Santa Maria Planck is like every Durban Poison, thereā€™s no 20ā€™ sativas to be found in this line anymore, hence ā€˜Planckā€™ in the title. The line has been worked to lessen flower time and shorten the stretch to allow them to be grown indoors.

No Mercy speaking on the Santa-Maria F8 (actual version):
After having crossed a Santa Maria with a Mexican Haze and a Silver Pearl and inbreeding the resulting plant for 4 generations, one male was selected to pollinate a pure Santa Maria mother. After this we inbred 8 times by backcrossing a male/son with the mother (a pure Santa Maria). Scientifically spoken an F6 should be pure, but according to our experience cannabis plants become truly pure only in F8. In other words: this Santa Maria is pure. A good and fast ā€œwhiteā€ plant for both indoor and outdoor. Santa Mariaā€™s have proven themselves over and over again for the last 15-17 years.

14 Likes

Very good read. Iā€™m going to try checking it out some when I get time

Thanks for the catch but for me, close enough!
lol Uplifting sativaā€™s make some of the best times.

Thank you @StevieG and @TheBubbleKing

Last on the list I see, when does a list like this get closed on a just started grow?

3 Likes