SEEDS, SEEDS, and more SEEDS!

This site never ceases to amaze me. The effort going into sourcing seeds from outside the country w shipping constraints, putting a bunch of people together around a common cause to generate a bunch more to distribute, along with the thinking that everyone should get some access to these genetics whether they contributed monetarily or not- that truly doesnt happen anywhere else and it makes me feel privileged to just throw down $25 to be a benefactor of this effort but also enable others’ access… Kinda leaves me speechless.

This is just a small example, I havent even touched on the generosity seen prior to this effort to preserve lavender!

And I will say, I consciously stopped signing up for seed runs bc I have a surplus from OG efforts, but I wasnt able to pass this one up along with a few others recently. Thanks OG, you’re helping me develop a seed addiction!

26 Likes

It’s a dangerous addiction to devolope some of us have well over 200 strains banked :smirk: I’m pretty sure the amount of combined genetics held here amongst members is enough to keep the plant strong for a long time.

27 Likes

so long as they are grown ;), but i agree with @newb2.0 its a good community.

18 Likes

I’m doing my best, lol. There are so many great offerings!

Going forward, I will only be popping seeds I made myself, or that have come from someone on this forum.

I can’t possibly grow them all, but lucky for me I’ve got a couple of friends interested in growing who aren’t online much, so I have someone to share the seeds with who will grow many of the ones I don’t get to.

26 Likes

With the changing legal environment where I’m at, I can only hope there will be some of my personal contacts who will jump on the grow train. And I’ll be ready w some solid genetics to put in their hands. I’m really excited for when I can produce and distribute something of my own creation. Total opposite mindset I had 15 years ago. Seeds in my buds were a BAD thing!

16 Likes

_but I thought we were bottle necking the geen pool_😜

12 Likes

Right shame on us for not keeping enough genetics around.

14 Likes

:snowflake: Ima paint “Svaalbard” on my fridge 'mkay? :sweat_smile:

Global Ice Cube Tray :joy_cat:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

lol hope you have that fridge running on a ups, and those seed packs sealed up tight and void of excess moisture.

I kid obviously but im just of the opinion of grow what you got and play with it, and sure doesn’t hurt to save some to come back too, but i usually find the seeds that stay around the longest are also the ones that your least interested in. Actually went through a purge of mine not to long back, if it didn’t rank a 9/10 for i want to grow that it got turfed.

9 Likes

That counts me out!

Lmao!
It’s not funny!

1 Like

Honesty is worth a lot, too. @TheBubbleKing :wink:

@Mr.Sparkle I’ve got the “jar o beans” for a creative seed-bomb, aka herms-a-plenty, separate from the good stuff, at least. :joy: i’m just happy i knew what a UPS is. (:thinking: is the sun a UPS?)

:evergreen_tree: damn.

4 Likes

Been wanting to upgrade to a smaller dedicated fridge and hook it up to a ups. Would love to have a actual vacine refrigerator but will prob never be able to afford it.

3 Likes

No. Because night.

2 Likes

Technicality!
I call solar panels and a battery system.

3 Likes

I was gonna go for :leaves: photosynthesis & ATP but sure… :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

It’s weird though…I gave away over 200 seeds to over a half dozen people in the last year…and have more than I had to start with. Of a greater variety too.

11 Likes

Hey guys. Where can I get some good seeds. Alot of sites prices are way high and some force you to buy 10 to 12 at a time. With the Covid going on over seas shipping is a problem with some seed dealers.

1 Like

In the US? Check out mark and BOG!

4 Likes