Sexing Conundrum : Solved

Its been a week since I started the two days of 12/12, and nothing is showing yet. I got excited this morning thinking I saw some female signs. These looked very sexy from a distance, but when I got the scope out, it was a bust.

Im going to give it another day or maybe two, then this experimental victim, er ah, baby, goes in the trash, so I can start a new plant and grow for real.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that a female flower starting in the second shot? (behind the stipule)

1 Like

You think it might be? I thought so at first, but then I decided it was just an extra hairy one of those other long skinny ā€˜thingsā€™.

I was expecting to see more of a pod looking thing with the long fuzzy female bits sticking out.

Im about to toss it, but I will look again.

1 Like

Which part are you taking about? Black arrow, red circle or blue arrow?

1 Like

blue arrow=cal yx
red circle = pistils

female woo!!

2 Likes

Im not 100% sure on that. I thought the red circle ā€˜pistleā€™ was just an extra long hair on the stem, but maybe not.

I just too a whole bunch of pics. Its hard to get through the bushiness to get clear shots of the stem junctions. I dont see any thing that looks like a pistil in these, but I could have missed it easily. On the other hand, a couple of these caylix(?) look like they could be hiding a pistle inside - maybe?

I agree with @toastyjakes. Blue arrow = calyx.

If it was a male, it would have fat, spade-shaped ā€œballsā€ in those places, often on a very short stem.

Donā€™t dump her!

1 Like

In that case, the trick worked! Cool :slight_smile:
As far as keeping her, sorry. She has bad root rot or brown algae or some combination that is killing the roots. Nothing I have done has worked to stop it. Plus, I have no clue what strain it is. But most important, I need her out of the system so I can sterilize it. I have no place to keep her while thats going on. She has well developed aero roots though.

2 Likes

Three days later and two males have shown. Iā€™ll snap some pictures tonight.

2 Likes

Two Cherry Tart males were culled last night. Down to three, hopefully, females.

2 Likes

A couple days later I was able to positively identify two females and a 90% confidence on the third. They were topped and flipped.

2 Likes

I used a 30x/60x jewelers loupe to do the identifications and it worked out well, but I just bought one of these and it works shockingly well for $30 CAD shipped!!! Plug nā€™ play on my Linux PCs. Just plug it in, launch Cheese and select the right input. Iā€™ll post some shots on the weekend.

4 Likes