Shatter Solvents and Making Your Own Carts

I’m in Las Vegas, and here, cartridges are expensive. The best deal I’ve found so far is 3x 500mg carts for $75-$85 pre tax! All said and done I’m basically out $100 for three cartridges. “There has to be a better way!” I says to myself I says.
So I bought this stuff from East Coast Terpenes called Fluidity.
I’m wondering if anyone else has experience with it, or other solvents? Or making your own carts from different extracts? What do you think is best?

1 Like

I got an evolve pen and can load it with shatter that I got at a really good price. Might want to look into that even tho its not cartridges. You can also use carts with it. How’s the price for wax or oil compared to carts?

1 Like

I thought about getting one of those. What do you think of it? Do you still use cartridges? How often are you loading it?

Around here I can get a cartridge for about $38-$41 (pre tax) for the cheapest 500mg cart. Shatter I can get 2g for $60 on the weekend, which should make 4 carts.
If I can get to Cali or Colorado, I think I could get an even better deal.

The Terpenes are expensive though. Fluidity is $10/ml but it says you only need .1 to .3 ml per gram of shatter, so not bad.

Here’s some info on Fluidity.

Description
Fluidity Extract Diluent

Flavor: None

Effect: None

Fluidity Extract Diluent lets you turn thick extracts into flowing oil. It’s odorless, flavorless, and made from natural ingredients. It does not contain PG, PEG, or VG. It combines smoothly with all types of extracts and will stay blended without additional additives.

There is NO flavor, aroma, or effect. Use between 0.1 and 0.5 ml of Fluidity per gram of extract or concentrate.

All of our products are 100% pure, organic, vegan, non-GMO, and made in the USA.

What’s in the Bottle?

• 100% pure
  • Legal worldwide (no THC or CBD)
  • Independently analyzed and tested
  • Natural and organic
  • No PEG, PG, or VG

About East Coast Terpenes

We’ve created the purest, highest quality strain-specific terpenes for your extracts and concentrates. Our proprietary formulas aren’t available anywhere else. No matter what you mix with our terpenes with, you’ll only need a drop to add powerful flavors, aromas, and effects to your products.

Features & details
100% NATURAL: No VG, PG, or PEG. Terpenes are molecular compounds found all over nature. They add powerful flavors, aromas, and effects to all kinds of products,especially extracts and concentrates. This formula does NOT include additives, preservatives, or synthetic chemicals.
ORGANIC & VEGAN: This powerful solution is 100% pure and extracted from fruits, vegetables, and grains, which makes them entirely organic and safe for vegans.
POTENT & PURE: No matter what you mix with our products, you’ll only need a drop to add powerful flavors, aromas, and effects to your products.
EASY TO USE: Mixing with your extract or concentrate is easy. Simply heat your extract/concentrate with a lighter, pour in 0.1 ml to 0.5 ml of Fluidity and stir.
MADE IN USA: This diluent is extracted, formulated, and shipped right here in the United States by Americans.
Product information 1 ml

3 Likes

I like it, and LOVE the shatter compared to carts. I dont know anything about the terpene side of it, my buddy makes the shatter and my understanding is they extract everything and dont remove or add terps back. Tastes like a dab hit vs. What some of the carts taste like.

I load it once every day or every other day. Definitely needs to be loaded a lot compared to the ease of a 1/2 g cart. And there’s a learning curve on how to use it and proper amount to load. But I had some dablogic oil and holy crap did that taste amazing! I do think I’ll go thru a lot more shatter than buying distillate carts tho. But I also get lifted a lot easier than the carts. Hope that helps!

1 Like

I just read this, if youre using to thin it out, I dont think you need to. I can pull a 1/2 pea size chunk of shatter off and stick it in the pen. The dablogic oil I heated the safety pin w a bit of oil on the end and just let it drip down into the pen. You just want to be careful youre not jamming tools into the coils.

I think I’m gonna get one of those dab pens now man thank you. It souns cool

1 Like

Check it if you have not.

1 Like

This thread made me sad.

1 Like