Opinions on Concentrate Mixing

So I’ve been using Cresco 510 cartridges for a while, best ones I’ve found at my dispensary. They’ve started selling cartridges under their High Supply line now too, and I’m not quite sure I like how. The one I picked up is labeled “Dank Mountain”, although I would’ve said “Mountain Dank” as I’m fairly sure they’re going for a Mountain Dew taste. Very fruity. The website and packaging gave no indication as to what the flavor was suppose to be, again just “Mountain Dank” and the THC content, which are usually 60-70% as opposed to the Cresco ones at 70-90%.

I didn’t know what to think about them, but yesterday I gambled and got one. Hits just the same, flavor is clearly less natural and more suited to the general pallet if that makes sense. My mother, who isn’t a fan of anything dank or really weedy at all, liked it. The high from it is odd. Very clean. I know I’m high but not sedated, my heart is pumping quickly but I am not overly aware of it. It’s not great, it’s just good, but that’s ok.

But the real question I’m still left with is about their marketing. I feel almost offended in some way that it’s reduced, in my mind, medicine and the variety of natural properties of various terpenes to marketing flavors. I choose my medicine based on taste/smell because I have found, for whatever reason, certain terpene profiles tend to be on plants that give me better relief.

Maybe I’m just over reacting; what do you guys think? Yes this is a recreational brand, but not every person looking for medical relief is knowledgeable. I’m not 100% sure how I knowledgeable the people behind the counter are.

4 Likes

I stay the hell away from that stuff and grow actual weed. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

These cartridges are my crux! So convenient to use while out of the house. I can’t smoke anymore, and haven’t found a way to replicate carts at home. I’ve tried a couple liquidizers, but I can’t stand the taste of PG or PEG. Curious how they get it to work so well with only cannabis.

2 Likes

Use the ceramic wick cart with large holes and put pure BHO or rosin into it. It turns solid, so you need to prewarm them before hitting it. I was making them like 2 years ago, you just melt the bho in a shot glass and drip it into your cart or use a pipette. Its a pain in the ass and messy, thats why I stopped.

These are the style I was using. Accidently posted the regular wick one at first, fixed now

3 Likes

You know, I always thought it was that simple. I myself would be willing to do it in large batches for the luxury of ease of use. I would assume you could do the same with pressed resin?

2 Likes

I have to add a few drops of liquidizer or terpenes to my pressed rosin to get it to flow nicely in a cart. It works fine and is handy when out and about, plus my gf doesn’t combust. It’s only edibles or vape for her.

I use CCell cartridges from Hamilton Devices..

2 Likes

Yeah I played with the fogg terpenes the flavors all were kinda gross though. The unflavored worked well for the regular wick carts

2 Likes

When I head back to my work area I’ll look and see but the liquidizer I use is terpene based, mixes well and doesn’t leave the pg or peg taste. I mix my own nicotine juices as well( have been mixing since may 2015) but still slightly new to the vaping concentrate carts but I make them for myself and a couple friends.

5 Likes