Show Me Your DIY Grow Cab

@argo945 don’t know how I missed your cab, looks great man and tons or room in there still. What kind of filter is that? And did you add a new fan when you did the cool tube or just redesign what you had?

not exactly DIY but there’s this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTHotGeXUk

2 Likes

its some fresh filter but its only for veg when i had the 600 in there I had a 4" ho can fan for the cool tube clean air in clean out ,The flextube hooked up to one of the in takes below the floor and passed it out the back . The 2nd fan sucked thru a can filter and out the top and was run off a thermostat. It worked awesome I’m not sure why i went back to horizontal light fixtures

2 Likes

@legalcanada one day I really hope I can have the ability to use something like that its very cool how,interactive it is, but not I don’t wanna see the tag price :rage:

@argo945 def going to get one for my veg cab, I have this huge filter I made for future intentions as well but its just so how do you say this…BIG

1 Like

Ii had this one in there they also make a long skinny one that fits in corners nicely. You can always mount externally and blow not as efficient but still works fine.

2 Likes

Looks like my diy I built out of isuzu truck air filters … Had em laying around the shop…

Then I put in a smaller inner tube filter, again for my work trucks we no longer use.

Ignore zip ties and wire caps, using extra smaller tube for storage

5 Likes

Figured I’d show you guys how cheap I really am. Here’s a picture of a CFL light I made when I wasn’t ready for my plants but needed a light source, I think it cost me $10 but I had the bulbs already and the wires from miscellaneous appliances… And dollar store bowl reflectors…

A smaller air scrubber for my dresser cab from DIY auto filters… Wraped in carbon sheets as well as having carbon chamber…

Also my extraction fan cost me a big ole goose egg… $0.00 salvaged the blower caseing from a MTM hot water pressure washer and had a like new 1/2 hp (I think) motor to go with it. Its a squirl cage style. Not stealth but Free… ill post a pic next lights out. I got more just gotta dig it out.

Any DIY Please POST IT. I love diy , and the money it sometimes saves me :dollar:

5 Likes

ahair off topic but led supplemental and veg lighting 10W led off the shelf bulbs with the diffuses removed ghetto strips cleat socket 3 bucks 10 w led 1.25 no brainer

10 Likes

@argo945 to me its right on topic. Its DIY and I can make a design for my cab close to it. That should help for temps…now I know I had a mason jar of quarters around here somewhere lol …

And im gonna add to my original post because I just like DIY… Not saying when the wifey goes back to work I won’t be buying some stuff but for now it works.

1 Like

Also do you prefer the flood style led or the regular smaller ones… @argo945

@HalfBee would ya mind throwing up a couple pics if you still have access to them? If its not too much trouble.

I doubt there is much difference but i suspect the flood type have a narrower beam angle. I like the 10 Watters you can get em’ about 2-3 " from the plants in most cases

1 Like

I thought we could have a standard format for posting up cabs

**[**Scratch built, or Repurposed ]
**[**Dimensions ]
This can be either interior (actual grow area) or exterior, If exterior please post actual grow area
**[**Ventilation ]
**[**Lighting ]
**[**Growing Method ]
**[**Things you’d do different (As helping others to not make the same mistakes) ]

[Scratch built/ Repurposed ]
Mine is a little of both. I owned and operated a vape shop, and had a lot of fixtures left over when I shut it down. This was a 8ft long sampling bar, I cut down to a more suitable size.

[Dimensions ]
3’ wide x 3.5’ish tall, Just under 2’ Deep.

[Ventilation ]
Originaly I was going to go with two 120mm pc fans, decided this wasn’t going to be enough in the long run so I settled on a 4" Cloudline T4
Some quick specs

Designed to quietly ventilate grow tents, transfer heating/cooling to rooms, circulate fresh air, and cool AV closets.
Intelligent controller with thermostat programming, speed control, alarm warnings, and backup memory.
Mixed flow design combined with a PWM-controlled DC-motor for a truly quiet and energy efficient performance.
Kit also includes thermal probe, AC power adapter, two duct clamps, and all necessary mounting hardware.
Duct Size: 4” | Dimensions: 6.9 x 11.9 x 7.4 in. | Airflow: 152 CFM | Noise: 28 dBA | Bearings: Dual Ball

Intake: 8x 1.25" PVC elbow painted flat black inside on the floor of the cab.

[Lighting ]
I’m going to be using 10 SolStrips and SolSinks made by our very own @Baudelaire
Color: 3500k
Possible Wattage range: 0-480w
Goal Wattage to run at: 250-350w
I’ll post pics of this part when I get it built, waiting on parts to arrive.
frame: 1" x 1/16th Aluminum angle. 30"x18" with lights as evenly spaced in the frame as I can manage. (OCD)

[Growing Method ]
For now, I’m going with COCO DTW. I’ll eventually automate this using an arduino grow controller i’m developing (Original credit goes to Mr Sparkles Micro Adventures)
[Things you’d do different (As helping others to not make the same mistakes) ]
If I were doing it all over again… (phew) The only thing i’d probably change right now is not having to fill in 40+ 3/4" holes on the top, because right now i’m just going to hvac tape them up and ignore them since I can’t see them lol.

And now for the pics!

Let me know if ya’ll have any questions!
EDIT:
It occurred to me we should also answer the following question:
WHY DIY vs Tents etc

For me, A tent would get destroyed by my cats. They never got broke from the scratching on everything. A solid walled stilted growing area is perfect for me. I also have another Growing space, out in the shed but with harsh winters (COLD mostly) I don’t feel like heating another space and having to walk outside just to check on plants. I don’t need much supply per month so I figured indoors was the way to go.

6 Likes

Thanks Jelly, and yes I love the outline idea… Damn pussies :smile_cat:

1 Like

Anything for the smell? Or are you lucky enough to not have to worry about that @Jellypowered

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to worry about it, I don’t often have company and live 10 miles down a dirt road. 30 miles from the nearest “city”

But I did order a “Coconut Activated Charcoal” 4"x10" for those times when I have company. The grow cab is in an unfinished bathroom so even when I have company nobody will be near it.

1 Like

250W FRIDGE COCO - 1500W/m2 <— also direct link
[Scratch built, or Repurposed ]
Fridge found on wasteyard. Its still fully functional, but I dont use its cooling function.
[Dimensions ]
Dimensions of usable growing space is around 40x40x100 cm.
Dimensions of whole fridge is roughly around 60x60x180 cm.
[Ventilation ]
As ventilation is used TT125 with 280m3 airflow. (Filter is not yet)
[Lighting ]
250W HPS with magnetic ballast.
[Growing Method ]
Coco + Bcuzz (2ml/l from start, but 3ml/l in maximum)

Actual photo from 12. day.

[Things you’d do different (As helping others to not make the same mistakes) ]
I do shitty photos, don’t do that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Looks great, thanks for posting this Lupus. I’m following your grow with my bowl and some raisonettes :movie_camera: