Small grow 4 plants 300w LED grow light in the other side of the wall

Sup everybody, here are some pics of my grow, strains are pure land race sativas from Oaxaca mountains, growing in 3gal pots, using soil as grow medium and giving organic home-made teas as fertilizers, also using bat guano and controlling ph around 6.5, using epsom salts as magnesium compliment, temperatures down south of the border get really high but so far everything is looking good.

Forgot to mention that I used CFL’s for the first 30 days of life while I was waiting for the led grow light.

13 Likes

Very nice start @SpUnJaH! What kind of leds are you running?

3 Likes

Thanks! Im using the kingbo 300w, to be honest it was the best for my space and for the price, I got it sent all the way from USA, it works amazingly cool and quiet, has one built-in fan, im pretty happy with the investment.

All of the pictures of the first month of life were under CFL’s…
Also I topped some of the plants, the ones that were growing like crazy fast, at the beginning started with 15 seeds, they all popped out and I just picked the strong ones which at the end were only 6…

After 30 days under CFL’s I finally got the Kingbo 300w grow light and the plats loved the intensity, the spectrum and mostly the less heat it produces…

Four days later…

This pic was only a week after they were under the led grow light…

After 53 days from seed I switched the light cycle to 12/12 because I was running out of space and the reached a pretty good size so they were ready…

The kingbo grow lights have a veg and bloom switch which I just gave them only red lights for a few days for a smooth transition to the full spectrum blue/red…

After a few days I switched to the combined spectrum…

Also hanged a few of the cfl’s for some extra side lights, but later I ended up taking them down because they were rising up the heat levels…

After 10 days of flowering, the males showed off and I pretty much knew who they were from days before start flowering but I just wanted to make sure…

My girls are on the 4th week of flowering and this is how they are looking now…

Another one…

Today’s pictures…

Main colas forming…

13 Likes

I think these Sativas, in particular, are gorgeous.

2 Likes

Thanks @BadVoodoo, yes I’m in love of my plants hahaha…

1 Like

Here is how they look this morning…

6 Likes

Looking good man! After doing a little Google search I read about your light and it seems as if many people are happy with it. Seems as though your ladies agree! :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Here are the girls after their first 30 days of flowering:

10 Likes

By the way…
This is the first grow I make my own organic teas and first I thought it won’t work, but i’ve been having good results so far, I use for the veg stage: lentils, potatoe skin/peel with a spoon of brown sugar or honey in one liter of water boiled for 15min.
For the flowering stage: banana skin/peels and a spoon of honey or brown sugar. Same process.
And to make the buds bigger and supply the extra sugar I use a watermelon tea, just put all the leftovers from the watermelon in a blender and add a bit of water and then directly into the soil, it works really good!

3 Likes

whats up bro! looking good. Try changing out the honey or brown sugar for piloncillo o melasa.

piloncillo is like dried molassis and melasa is molassis in Spanish

2 Likes

Gracias paisano!
Today im going to the nearest mercado to go buy the piloncillo o melasa and some guano.
Salud compadre!

3 Likes

recuerda que hay dos tipos de guano. Los de la costa que comen fruta y los de las montañas que comen insectos. Cada tipo tiene su respectivos N.P.K. los que comen fruta tienen mas P para floración y los de insectos tiene mas N para crecimiento. También te recomiendo buscar worm castings que la neta no recuerdo como se llama en Español. algo de lombriz. humus de lombriz alomejor.

remember there are two types of guano. costal and moutain. one eats fruit and one eats insects. they each will vary in NPK. I recomend worm castings as well

3 Likes

Nice looking ladies you have there @SpUnJaH!

2 Likes

I’d have to say I’m intrigued by your tea ingredients! Looks like there loving it though however honey has antibacterial properties to it so switching it to a molasses or molasses type product may be better or the other sugar source noted above!

1 Like

Tienes razón, lo había leído por ahí en algún foro, la neta que acá en Veracruz, está bien difícil encontrar fertilizantes de fábrica especiales para cannabis, y pedirlos por Internet me cuesta mas cada vez con los envíos, me gustaría usar advanced nutrients que son lo mas perron que hay ahora en el mercado pero lo bueno cuesta más.
Y ya ni digo encontrar ingredientes para hacer mis tés, todo lo tengo que pedir por internet con el arriesgue que eso implica.
Encontré este guano ya liquido y viene en una botella pulverizadora (spray)

al parecer proviene de guanos que comen fruta:

Gracias por los consejos paisano!! @Viva_Mexico

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice @Tinytuttle !!

1 Like

Today is first day of week 6 of flowering, i added some mylar inside the grow room and the light penetrates so much more than before.

1 Like

I’m diggin this grow, bouta sit back and watch brotha!

1 Like

Growing weed in extremely hot places down south makes things much harder and challenging but it’s fun and at the end everything is well worth all the effort!
Thanks my friend!

Es curioso, porque a pesar que la proporción de K si corresponde con guano de murciélago frutivoro, la relación N/P casa más con el de insectívoros, y la bajísima cantidad de P con ninguno…
Como referencia, un ejemplo de NPK de insectívoros seria 10-10-2, y un ejemplo de frutivoros seria 2-10-10…

…No es poco solo el 0’28% de materia orgánica?

It is curious, because although the proportion of K if it corresponds to fruit guano, the N / P ratio is more home to insectivorous, and the very low amount of P to none … For reference, an example of NPK from insectivores would be 10-10-2, and an example of frutivoros would be 2-10-10 …

Btw, it only have 0’28% of organic matery…isent it so less?

PD: para floración, yo añadiría P a lo que aporta ese “guano liquido”.

PD: for flowering, I would add P to what that “liquid guano” brings.

3 Likes