"Smart" is the new "professional quality"

Dumbass 50 something stoner Monday moment… as anyone who fixes shit for a living (most guys) knows when a tool, device or machine has a label like: Professional, industrial,contractor on it, the product is usually a foriegn made piece of shit…Any manufacturer of a quality product, rarely uses adjectives like that. So SMART phones, smart TV’s smart cars are all marketed like they can think. Who made them smart n are they really? Smart is kind of a misnomer, and I think a better word or description would be appropriate in these days of WOKE and fake news, seeing as we are all more informed? How about General Mao’s Think4U Phone, car, home ? Not one of these morons remembers a phone number, and how many pictures have you lost to ‘smart’ phones? Can’t fucking turn your head and check your mirrors? we have a smart tone for that. They are selling you obsolescence, calling it smart…yeah fucking computer nerd smart, retraining people to think like a fucking anti-social idiot who never owned a car, let alone drive one. SMART tech is counter-intuitive and makes sense only to the operating chip, not experienced users of existing technology. Ask any Boeing jet pilot, or older drivers opinion of traction control or PWC operators (yeah nice one engineers). We all need a tech check and a month long blackout to see just how SMART things be, and how much China is right inside yer assholes, literally. Computerization is just a resales event so everything goes to a 5V system, nothing more. Resold everything that worked just fine for shoddy crap that spies on your family. Tell us how new SMART is actually an improvement? Besides letting people operate shit they have NO business even owning…

4 Likes

And because so much of everything is digital format (games , movies, programs, etc) you usually don’t even technically “own” it anymore its more like leasing since if it gets removed from online and your connected to web through said device(s) it will also be removed from your “library” as well.

2 Likes

Yeah another very disturbing shift…EVERYTHING will be rented by our grandkids except what we WILL to them. Keeping our shit from the gov’t after we die takes some PREPPING…millenials are lucky some of us genXers know how to do taxes and fill out paperwork…Yep 26 yr old son says there is no such thing as a complete video game anymore…Apple homes, coming soon…we used to call them trailer parks …LOL. Fully connected high tech hillbilly hive communities…used to call them communes LOL.

3 Likes

Ever notice these huge ugly environental disasters they call Solar Arrays, in previously farmed land? They are so damn profittable, that snow sticks on them for days after snowfalls, and NO ONE is sent to clean them off? they must be so efficient at making precious electricity, that they can’t justify a foriegn worker 10 bucks an hour to squeegee them off? How much are they producing? Less than 10 bucks an hour per 10 acres of garbage? Local store with fancy ass monitors and solar arrays on their roof also goes days on end drawing energy, instead of sweeping the panels off…fucking taxpayer funded boondoggles…

2 Likes

This is a pic of my wife for context

2 Likes

umm…from the standpoint of someone whose job performance and the power bills up and downs coincided…that is a non-starter of a scenario. If I can afford a solar array I can afford a couple cameras to look at their condition and know when to send someone out to clean them…not to mention any monitoring(software etc) being done.

3 Likes

Haha yeah there’s always some “update” or dlc or some shit it’s ridiculous. Also why I usually refuse to pre-order games or buy anything like that the day it’s released. As usually there’s some launch day glitch almost every time. Seems like we’re bound by our digital/electronic demons.

1 Like

image I can’t reach my controller…

2 Likes

I use smart pots

3 Likes

Unfortunately we are moving quickly towards “Idiocracy”.

3 Likes

Way to quickly at that

2 Likes

You’re baiting me LOL. Thats a 'work smarter ,not harder thing and sounds better than lazy pots LMAO

2 Likes

I am that someone for sure! Lmao

2 Likes

Traction control…because the family sedan was front wheel drive…Millenials never did skid control ALL WINTER and hence, have no clue how to drive in snow or rain (see Texas last week). Turn toward your skid just doesn’t cut it. Neither does your smart traction system. Try driving up your snowy driveway…fucking useless.

image As for SMART HOMES, look at this dire prediction from GenX history…better than Simpsons or Nostradamus prognostications…your smart home will try to kill you AND call Law enforcement when you don’t obey the programming LMAO Just Ask Emer Fudd and Daffy Duck (as the Apple sales guy).

1 Like