Some bug I have never seen before

For sure, but the eggs don’t have that little spiny lid on them like the spiny soldier bug. Check out the image of the eggs on the Kentucky link I posted. I’m no expert, but that was the closest image I could find. hehheh

2 Likes

Stink bug eggs have that also Joe……

3 Likes

Still all shield bugs

3 Likes

Yah they call it a stink bug, as well.

2 Likes

You guys are the best! Thank you for the help!

3 Likes

Looks like I’m going to go crush that group

1 Like

They’re beneficial, if you don’t mind the stink :wink:

Podisus maculiventris

3 Likes

The link was saying they suck the life out of plants. Stink bugs have never been a problem for me.
Stopping the eradication

3 Likes

"While many stink bug species in Kentucky can cause significant damage to crops, some species are actually beneficial predators that feed on other insects. One of these beneficial species is the spined soldier bug. The spined soldier bug is a predatory stink bug that feeds on a wide variety of field and garden pests including Mexican bean beetle, Colorado potato beetle, and imported cabbageworm. Because it feeds on insect pests, it is called a ‘natural enemy’ of some insects. And because “the enemy of my enemy is my friend,” the spined soldier bug can be a valuable part of a crop system. "
there’s some quoted text for reference. They do say “some” stink bugs cause damage but not those ones.

5 Likes

And this is why I asked for help. So many people on here that have so much more knowledge than I do.
Definitely a benefit of getting older and realizing I don’t have to know everything.

3 Likes

This looks like a young one if my brain is working right

2 Likes

yah, that’s the little bugger right there, almost an adult!

3 Likes

Once again thank you

3 Likes

This fell off my pant leg when I was at the doctor’s office. I have no idea if it jumped on board at home or en route, but I was surprised to see it and puzzled… it looks like a spider, but it is TINY and I’ve never seen one in chartreuse or fluorescent yellow-green (whatever you think best describes the color). I am guessing the color is some kind of camouflage for the little critter, but I have never known any spider to be that color before. I tried to look it up, but nothing really matched. (It appears to only have six legs, so IS IT a spider?)

If anyone can identify this other than “spider” I would love to read posts. Thanks.

Included the picture of my ugly toe next to it for size comparison.

1 Like

Looks like the two missing legs are in front, could be this one? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

4 Likes

@George

That looks like it just might be a match! Thank you!

2 Likes