Some bug I have never seen before

Is… that some kind of thrip I never seen before? albino gnats and white thrips?

1 Like

Here’s a really clear image. I wonder if the poinsettia was from south America or something and this is a strange bug from the other side of the world? It can clearly fly, but I also think this is a different bug from the albino gnats I imaged. So probably the first three images I posted in this thread are the larvae and this is the adult. Some kind of sub-millimeter flying bug. It has to be some kind of thrip right?

2 Likes

That one sure looks like a thrips to me, there are a bunch of different kinds. Problem is, you don’t seem to have any leaf damage.

2 Likes

I think the damage is microscopic. I think we finally have a winner!

invisible to the human eye I think this is the chewing marks.

2 Likes

Quite possibly. This is a close p of a western flower thrips. You can see the thrips, the rasping damage, and the excrement in this photo. What you don’t see are the feathered wings like in yours.
fuck-a-thrips

Guess what Zenthanol recommends for them… micronuzed sulfur.

5 Likes

OMG you just spawned another insect torture video with that comment :smiley:

2 Likes

I think he also suggested azadirachtin, but that works by starving them, so that would be a lonflg snuff film. :rofl: He also says that they can build a tolerance to spinosad in that video.

5 Likes

ooo I have to say, they are not loving it. They are trying to survive still! My subscribers are going to love it lol! :skull_and_crossbones: :popcorn:

1 Like

10min in they are still twitching.

1 Like

wow that was an epic session! I turned it off, but I’ll come back in an hour and see how they are doing. I have to say, it really fucked them up and I think it’s going to be fatal in not too long a time.

3 Likes

lol! Hilarious! Right after the liquid dried up, the bugs got up and scraped some of the sulfur crystals off of themselves and started searching for some food. Shiiiiiiit, reminds me of the spider mite trials.

2 Likes

In a long ass while, the 4K version will be up there. You just have to wait for the sloth-like gootube to finish processing.

2 Likes

I got those critters from the organic peppers. They are definitely not like the greenhouse thrips I always see!

This here is the thrips from around here. The ones I captured from above are some kind of species from the south? I was seriously looking for this creature here, when I think of a thrip.

2 Likes

OK So here’s the conclusion. Those white bugs? Just a bug that was bleached by the HID lights because it was sitting on there. The real reason there seemed to be a “swarm of bugs” that hit the light overnight and died? Dog jumped and shook the bug carcasses onto the plants, from the cool tubes. Crazy world, eh? Well the bugs are all fucking toast, so don’t worry about their ass. I just have to wipe the carcasses off the cool tubes, so it doesn’t keep raining down lol!!!

2 Likes

Any chance one of you knows what these are?

2 Likes

Emeraldgreen they could be harlequin bugs. I get them on cabbage.

2 Likes

Or could be young shield bugs and eggs.

3 Likes

I’m definitely going with spiny soldier bug.
https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef325

3 Likes

Harlequin are a shield bug

https://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/veg/leaf/harlequin_bug.htm

2 Likes