Please ID this tiny black bug i found in a bud

First picture is mystery insect next to a gnat. Is this a thirp? I found 2 dead in the same small bud on a clone i am revegging. 2 other clones with a dome on them with buds being revegged next to it did not have any signs of them.
The one i got pics of is torn in half and the other is missing but dead aswell. I do not see any others.

4 Likes

I would not smoke the bug dude :joy::joy::joy:, I was only kidding. Type in a search for insects and you should be able to find a good reliable source to help and just DM them with your pics. Good luck :crossed_fingers: :v:

5 Likes

Looks like it was some kind of wasp at some point.

2 Likes

Even that tiny?

Ya got me there!
Well hell, everything was a baby once, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Try @JohnnyPotseed or @FirstCavApache64 they would be a good resource to send you 🫵 in the right direction. :+1:

3 Likes

Already talked about that one on the other thread, cuz. I’m not an entomologist, sorry. lol I have no idea.

Best I can tell yas, is it’s a ‘good’ bug./… DEAD!

edit… the ONLY bug we allow to live in our barn is spiders, lol they eat all the bugs that make it in there.

9 Likes

I think thats Fred. RIP Fred.

4 Likes

Based on the size and color, maybe fungus gnats. Hard to tell. The antennae looks off.

For the one that was viciously ripped in half, were there wings? :wink:

They come in different colors:

3 Likes

That’s what had me confused - the antennae.

1 Like

Its so small i cant tell it looks like it may have had wings. In first pic the bigger bug is a gnat for reference.

Ah ok. Possible two different bugs shown.

I’m at a loss on this one. If I can’t id one I treat them as hostile just to be safe. Isolate and inspect is how I’d deal with the plant for now.

2 Likes

Definitely this^

2 Likes

Cockroach wasp potentially.
If so, not harmful to plants or people, very harmful to roaches.

1 Like

Yea my girl brought some outside plants in and gnats were everywhere so im thinking this is from that and i found these two in one bud on a clone im revegging. Its tiny like a spec of dirt.

2 Likes

Steep some Mosquito Bits in water for 24+ hours and then water all the house plants with it.
Good to go! :+1:

3 Likes

It is what’s left of a springtail. Quite a common insect-like critter and I wouldn’t worry about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

Thrips…