Anybody know what this is?

Anybody have a clue what this is ? I found 7 of them along with a couple of ladybugs, they seem to get along with each other. Here is a pic of the whole plant.

No damage to leaves from what I can tell.

9 Likes

Hopefully not a tick.

1 Like

It’s a little under 1/4 inch in size

1 Like

It could be a young lady bug. Its hard to tell from the pic.

6 Likes

It didn’t have wings and larger than a ladybug

2 Likes

Weird it’s larger than a ladybug; it looks like a ladybug pupa before it gets its wings

14 Likes

Yeah thats what I thought it looked like.

3 Likes

Damn, I just removed and murdered 7 ladybugs.

8 Likes

3rd and 4th instar can also bite! Used to get tons of larvae on my deck in my old house beause of a tulip poplar above.

5 Likes

Believe it or not ladies bugs eat invasive bugs that could harm your plant

…but then again if you don’t want bug shit in your buds I understand :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Looks like ladybugs like to f*ck alot where I live, they are all over the place. I’m curious to what their food supply is that’s attracting them. Don’t get me wrong I like the ladybugs, but I’m concerned about what is attracting them cuz I’ve never seen so many. Thanks for all the input my loyal gromies.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

bad bugs :smiley: Seriously, my tulip poplar was a 100ft monster, never saw a flower, but there’s so much sweet juice in that tree, aphids loved it (honeydew would stain my deck black). That many aphids, I knew why the ladybugs were there, 100ft up…

2 Likes

Thanks for the chart, that came in very useful to me. It helped me identify what I thought was another bug issue it turns out I have a lot of (4th instar) stage ladybugs as well. :+1:

3 Likes

Crazy how much they change, right? I think most of us see 3rd / 4th instar and are like CRAP. Then research and find out they are baby ladybugs… I know I did!

3 Likes

I need to better educate myself on bugs. So many of them look alike to me. I know everything is supposed to have a purpose. Kind of like microbes keeping everything in balance in soil. Bugs do that above the soil. If anybody has a recommendation on a good book with pics I would greatly appreciate it.

3 Likes

worse part is, the pupa’s kill and eat more pest’s according to “good guys”

1 Like

Here you can even ask for an identification … ejem|nullxnull

3 Likes

That’s a cool site. Thanks for the info.

3 Likes

Awww poor murdered lady friends lol I have been considering buying a few to toss in my tent

1 Like

I threw some inside my tent and they died, I guess they starved to death.