Some heavy defoliation "Schwazzing" a God's Green Crack Photoperiod Indoor Organic Grow

I know I should have taken a fair amount more off. However, I’m smoking the whole thing as personal :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!!! So I’m NOT super worried on making only killer top Cola’s. Simply cuz I’ll smoke it all anyways. LMAO

2 Likes

I added some extra red spectrum 23w CFL bulbs. I’ve come to realize that my Viparspectra lights actually LACK abit in the RED light department. I’m curious to see how they respond. Anyways, here’s a couple new pictures of “Baby”

10 Likes

I keep admiring your cool support structure for your net… fishing rod sections?
How are you tying the bottoms of that structure to the pot?

Cheers
G

1 Like

I’m actually using tent poles! I seen them on e side of the road one day! And it just so happened I needed tent poles for the tent we lent to our oldest son and a pole got broken!!! Needless to say, I grabbed them and it turned out there was like 2-3 full tents worth of poles! (Huge Bonus) So I’ve repaired our main Large tent and still have a bunch to play with!

1 Like

Ok so here is the newest updated pictures

9 Likes

Here are the newest pictures

10 Likes

So here’s the Sept 14th pictures of “Baby” she’s coming along ok far. Not my best… But not my worst neither🤣
HOPE you enjoy.

12 Likes

I think “schwazzing” has its benefits, such as more air flow, light penetration, less pest pressures, etc. I’ve seen results with schwazzing, but it seems too stressful to the plants for the few days after the heavy defoliation and there is much less photosynthesis with all those leaves gone. I prefer the method of selectively selecting fan leaves to pluck (or sucker branches), preferably daily, throughout the grow, instead of heavy defoliation a few times. Would it better to do 9 hours of total defoliating almost daily for the first 6 weeks of flower, or 3 hours of heavy defoliating in weeks 1, 3, and 5?

4 Likes

has anyone done schwazzing mid flower around weeks 5-6? what were your results? i’ve been bouncing back and forth with this and i’ve found depending on the strain ,it can cause nanners or stunt the yield bigtime… think that’s genetic? i think so

1 Like

I do a total exfoliation day one and 21 of flower; other than that I only remove leaves blocking a lot of light.

2 Likes

i usually do that but this round of growing that I had the canopy kind of ran away from me due to my negligence, and I wanted to prevent p.m.

1 Like

Those buds must be well formed at this point, strain dependent, so I think you would be fine removing excess foliage but I wouldn’t go quite as hard at the late stage myself.

1 Like

ok duly noted! like i said usually i’m on point w my defoliation but this time they just got away from me, lol

1 Like