Some heavy defoliation "Schwazzing" a God's Green Crack Photoperiod Indoor Organic Grow

Ok, so I have a GGC God’s Green Crack Photoperiod strain that I’m currently IN flower with. I did a heavy defoliation on day “0” & I also did one yesterday on week 3. This will be the last time she gets any real stress. Ive got my fingers crossed with this one. I’ll show you some b4 and after pics from the first “Schwazzing” method I performed.

I’ll be sure to post the more recent pics in a few days. Have a wonderful day today and thxs for reading and following along.

17 Likes

Nice recovery

1 Like

Thxs my friend. I just did her 2nd Schwazzing in wk3 of flower. We shall see what happens

Here’s what my “Baby” looks like right now today after being heavily defoliated yesterday. She will be a darn sexy and a decent yielded.

15 Likes

Great structure and lots of spread-out bud sites!!

She is looking great Brother!!
Nice work. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Interesting technique Arriba|nullxnull , now she will be hungry without her nutrient reserves on leaves … :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Looking great bud. Cant wait to see what you end up with!! Awesome job on the cannopy distribution. She will be quite the looker I’m sure of it…she already is

7 Likes

Looking good! Can you define ‘schwazzing’ for me? I’m guessing it’s a heavy defoliation down to like the top few nodes or something?

6 Likes

Ok so ,“Schwazzing” is done during week 1 & 3 of flower. And basically take off every single leaf below the top main cola. You wanna leave like a 4 leaf prong at the top of each cola spot. (So a leaf on North, South, East & West) I like to simply leave my plants grow & fill out after the 3rd week of flower. (Meaning, I don’t defoliate anymore from here on out) unless I have some small bud spots show up. I basically take off eveand anything that’s NOT a main TOP cola by the 3rd week. No point in wasting that extra growth potential in a lousy 2 tier bud!!! Might as well make em all #1 contenders. All hail Cannabis and it’s lovely GROWING community and potential future :wink:

12 Likes

Interesting. I’ve read about a similar tech called whip cracking (or something with whip I think lol) and am intrigued. I’m looking forward to seeing them explode!

3 Likes

I am with you brother if they need more leaves they will grow them

your plants look great

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

3 Likes

Back in the day before the term “schwazzing” was coined it used to be called “pistle whipping” . Somehow the schwazz phrase caught on better and used more, making it more popular than the later. I personally like pistol whipping better or simply, heavy defoliation.
Either way I enjoy the method and believe it works for certain gardens.
Good looking plant by the way @PotentChronic, nice work

3 Likes

Thank you I knew there was whip in there somewhere lol. I couldn’t find anything using that old name so good to know I can search for ‘schwazzing’

1 Like

anytime I’ve tried removing that much foliage my yield was always significantly less compared to plants I just did normal pruning. Best of luck they look happy

4 Likes

my plans defoliate themselves. They let the leaves turn yellow and die on their own.

Joking… Mostly… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like to defoliate a week before I flip to 12/12 and again 2 weeks into flower.

5 Likes

Thxs for the information on the terms name. I always like alil knowledge. As for the name… Tbh with you I just heard the name about 6months ago. Otherwise Ive always called it a “heavy defoliation” or to people up here in Northern Ontario Canada (Actually, really only me) says. Bahahaha “strip her down to her bare bones to help her hone in on those flower zones” All I know for sure… Is it works! I have tbh it’s been awhile since I last did this in a controlled environment. Plus, this is plant #1 I started growing since I’ve been able to setup in my home. (Growing with kids in the house) However, what you learn in the past tends to stick with you til the future and present times. I was showed this back in late 90’s to early 2000’s and I’ve just loved the outcome so always stuck with it! I can honestly say, I highly recommend and don’t be afraid to take off all them pretty looking secondary bud sites. If you look at the plant I have above… I should have actually taken her secondary bud sites down ALOT MORE!!! But with me being the slight worry wart. I decided “fuk it” I’m only smoking it all anyways! LMFAO… And that’s NOT the best attitude to have when your aiming for #1, Grade A, Top shelf, The Dank Premium quality Cannabis plants every time. It takes a while to get on a good routine and solid schedule the the ladies like/love. There’s so many variables in growing “Potent Chronic” which is my company’s name!!!(Check out my YouTube channel and Starting website!!!) All at the same name “PotentChronic” But growing good weed simply takes a little time, effort & care. Much love and respect from Canada as always.

4 Likes

I’ll make sure to keep you posted on this lady @anon81143130. It definitely does take “Photoperiod Plant” I would not recommend on an Auto-flower. Lmao… But she will be a fairly decent yield for what crazy/weird life she’s had so far. I kept her in a slowed “Veg” state while I completed an entire Auto-flower grow beside her on a 18/6 schedule. Once that was done… I switched the lights to a 12/12 and did my first heavy defoliation on day “0” than again on day 21.

2 Likes

I do defoliate in weeks 1/3/5 in flower 5 very lightly

But from the time my plants hit the net till 1 week before the big flip I am removing leaves that block light from lower sites and removing bud sites that will only produce popcorn I fined by selective pruning it improves the size of the buds
Just my 2 cents
There’s many ways to skin a cat it just depends on how much you want to hear it scream
Paps

10 Likes

What’s going on everyone in our “OG” family? I just wanted to give some updated pics for “Baby” my (GGC) God’s Green Crack. This is how she filled out so far since her heavy defoliation last week!

10 Likes