Something I Wrote Years ago While Smoking

… WHEN THE CREATOR RETURNS…

As mankind rips the life out of planet Earth in the many methods of the time, the creator, (God, in all of his/her forms or names) returning from a well-earned vacation, strolls onto the scene. Appalled at what is happening in front of him, he stops a passing human. “What is going on here?” he demands to know… “You’re destroying my planet! I built this place just for you, to enjoy and live on without any problems or cares. You’ve cut down the trees, which are the lungs…you’re ripping the guts out for coal and gas and oil, you’re ruining the ozone layer that is your shield I put in place to protect you from the sun, that I put close enough to warm you, and polluting the waters that are your lifeblood! A lot of the different species I made to serve your needs as food and assist in regulating things are gone completely!”
“But almighty,” the human replies, “we had to have fuel for our vehicles and to run our factories.” Looking proudly around, the man continues, “Also, we make and use a lot of different chemicals to make medicines and other things, as well as clothe and feed ourselves, and just look at these great books, and how perfect my skin, teeth & eyes, and how healthy I look! We make and sell to each other all manner of plastic items. We are growing and expanding in such a grand manner! So what if some species didn’t make it during our growth. So what if a few people die from the chemicals. So what if I even managed to make a few dollars in the process, that’s progress, right?”
Pausing for a moment to gather himself before answering, the creator sadly looks at the man. Then says, “My son, I gave you a plant that, by itself, will handle a multitude of your needs, which can also be used to make clothing, paper, fuel, oil, food, building materials, medicine for many ailments, and even to enjoy just for the pleasure of it! Environmentally friendly, able to grow almost anywhere and under almost any condition, a resource renewable on a yearly basis, this plant was one of my greatest contributions to help you in your daily lives. What happened to it?”
“Really?!” The man replied, “Please, creator, tell me of this miraculous plant so I can go and enjoy it.”
God gazes out on the destruction covering the world, “I don’t know if it will be in time to save things or not, but it will definitely help. Go tell all of mankind… it is called CANNABIS/ MARIJUANA, take of it and enjoy.”
“Oh, that?” the man says, “We made that illegal, as it was too easy to grow and use. It would compete with, and hurt, many of our industries. We destroyed any we found growing, for we couldn’t tax a ‘weed’ or make as much profit from that!”………….

Written by Johnny Potseed – 2010
UPDATE – 2015 … The times they are a changing!!

9 Likes

I love this story! Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes