Sonoff automation setup

Hello
How many strips do you run?
I wanna buy 8x X3 model for light up 1 m2 grow area
Thanks!!

2 Likes

11 x2 solstrips :+1: in my 4x4 grow area

2 Likes

Really depends on the HPS wattage. At 10A, 120 volts is only 1200 watts, so no way a 1000-watter. The 600-watt is even pushing it, but likely fine. As @MicroDoser mentioned, you could use them to drive contactors which would be the safest option.

That’s the nice thing about these and LEDs. You can split the load over multiple drivers and channels.

@MicroDoser I know they have some sort of web API for these. They work with the IFTTT stuff and there is the option of flashing the Arduino with other/custom firmware.

2 Likes

@MicroDoser this is the app that controls the sonoff devices. You can flash a custom firmware on these with an FTDI board to get more features.

3 Likes

The custom firmwares also allow you to connect to a different more stable server than the ewelink sonoff server :+1:

2 Likes

If you had the sonoff trigger a relay rated for the current, absolutely.

Oh, Scrolled down, MicroDoser suggested this.

Which I would totally get into but you lose the Ewelink app functionality.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Looks like I might have to link into their API if they have one. Bit more complicated than I was hoping for. Job for later on, too busy on my own interface right now. I think I will do a bit more work on isolation instead…

Interesting for the future though, remote control of a Sonoff via your nutrient doser.

2 Likes