Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

I got that one too, never a confirmation but canceled I got.

3 Likes

So what did you end up doing? Did you go through the process again?

1 Like

Yes, I always got hung up after bank approval.
The site seemed never to accept payment.

A new friend helped me outta the jam and I was forever grateful.
He paid for my order to be clear, I just provided my info to him.

I documented what I did in this thread just a few posts back if you would like to see it.
Good luck to ya brother, it was a rough ride for me.
Thank God for good people.

Maybe try it on your phone if possible, or the PC if you have done the phone already.
Or ask a friend to help you out, that worked great for me, but that is not always available in all situations.

Again, good luck, I wish you the best, I wish I could help more.

Peace
shag

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been following, but I’m not too bright, so it wasn’t clear to me.

I’ve tried laptops, phone, various browsers, VPN, no VPN, logging in, not logging in, different Wi-Fi.

While I’d love to get this to work, I just have to accept that it probably won’t for me. Moving on…

4 Likes

Has a solution where a PO Box is rented in order to collect cash or money order via USPS for payment? Just a thought.

4 Likes

I am not a seed bank and only need it two times a year.

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

looking at the usps’s website you can get a box that holds 15+ letters for less than $6 a month, but it looks like you have to rent in 3, 6, or 12 month intervals.

Still, a 6 month lease on the box would cover both coops in the year. I wouldn’t be opposed to donating a few dollars more to help rent it out

3 Likes

Okay, I get it. To take in payments manually like that would be many many times the work taking payment is now and you are just one person. It would not be fair to you to change things to make it happen that way.

6 Likes

While a PO box may make it easier on members who’s only responsibility is to sign up for runs and make 1 payment, it would also create a bunch more work for @G-paS . This already labor intensive volunteer role would now have to include several trips to a PO box, manually taking addresses, sorting payments and keeping track of it all. Let’s all keep that in mind please.

22 Likes

Thank You Doug! That is so true.

:green_heart: :seedling:

14 Likes

How are you getting addresses now? Are you not entering in some sort of database and printing labels? Excel does that pretty easily

4 Likes

Hello @G-paS, will we be notified if the e-check does not clear?

2 Likes

Are these sent out soon after being paid? @G-paS

2 Likes

I only have these options: pay by card
And bank transfer (if it’s safe to share the recipient’s details)

Otherwise, I won’t be able to pay for my spring box without help.:pensive:

5 Likes

what browser are you using?

A PO Box is about 150 a year. so that’s an added expense. I just paid for mine so that 6 a month is just wrong afaik

Chrome I got it to load I just cleared browser
Many thanks

2 Likes

I thought I would check in. My e-Check cleared my bank 4 days ago and as of today all of my $32.95 is still in my account. No extra taken out.

6 Likes

Here I go again – can’t log on to DIY SITE – tried to re-set things (password. user name) all Invalid --Help. Don’t know what happen was able to last co=op run ---- !!! just to check I have 4 listed = 4x6 = 24 +1.00 = grand total $25.00 right ? Now if I could access site

3 Likes

Nope lol but close, shipping 6$ flat the add 2$ x4 = 8 so 6+8 = 14$ @hawkman

2 Likes