Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

Thanks for all the kind works folks. Just waiting for the site.
The site isn’t sending the email link to register. He has a guy working on it.

:green_heart: :seedling:

31 Likes

Thank you for all you do @G-paS @DougDawson and the other distributors I don’t know by name.

7 Likes

Much love @G-paS ypur efforts are very much appreciated. :heart::v:t2:

7 Likes

You made my day!

I got traded for a 20 year when he turned 40. Helps you get the means on
My second loved my attitude also. He was one of the couple hundred men I worked with as a lone female. (the rest couldn’t hack it)

:seedling: :birthday:

35 Likes

Please :pray: please :pray: take your time and no stress

@G-paS

I did send an email just to ask if I should send in my $ now or wait

I figured while I have it I should send it

So please disregard my email

You could never be mean you’re to nice

Thank you for what you do it’s much appreciated

12 Likes

:crazy_face::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

That’s 1 non-reader!!!

Alright, I’m officially starting the count. What’s funny (well, not funny) is when you go look at many of these members who magically reappear during box season, reviewing their post history reveals they only show up for the free seeds.
They don’t exhibit any care or presence in the community, and hence they don’t know the rules and norms of the community.
Literally, you could read back 10 posts in the thread, as the entire process has been discussed at length, for the last 2 weeks.
I love questions, but we have modern medicine so you can keep your leeches.

34 Likes

LOL, it’s ok. They have not posted since they asked for access to the Co-op boxes in both the USA and Canada. They didn’t even have the common courtesy to respond. They asked if I could ship to New England, I asked ship what? They clearly have no clue about how the Co-op works and won’t even bother taking the time to look into it. Pretty sad for a user that has been here since 2019.

19 Likes

So I don’t understand, can I still sign up for this? If not are there going to be extra beans? If I missed the sign up, can I take someones spot who isn’t here anymore? If I can, how many and what strains do I get?

I’m kidding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ASKING FOR SEEDS IF EXTRA, SOMEBODY ELSES SPOT, WHAT STRAINS YOU ASK FOR OR HOW MANY STRAINS YOU HAVE COMING.

8 Likes

The update from Sebring is; The only thing holding up the show is the email link to register/re-register is not working.

The seeds are all packed up and ready to go and in April…

:green_heart: :seedling:

50 Likes

It literally affects me none, but thanks for all the hard work! Seems like it would be a huge pain in the ass to organize!

7 Likes

For posterity

13 Likes

I’ll admit it was me that flagged it (as off-topic, see below), but I was only trying to bring it to the attention of a moderator in the thought that it might be a better discussion to have in the free seeds and cuts thread, because 1. most of it seemed aimed at those giveaways, not the co-op boxes, and 2. more new people and casual readers would be likely to see it because “FREE SEEDS” gets people’s attention more than “Lots of words who knows what this is”

Admittedly it was also totally on topic, given the “I just showed up, gimme that co-op box” post it was partially in response to… but at the same time it is kinda nice when the Co-op box threads stay super on topic so people looking for updates on registering/re-registering for Sebring’s site and/or ponying up for co-op runs we’ve signed up for.

I’ve only flagged things a handful of times so I always forget it shows up for everyone as flagged/hidden, not simply me and the mods.

26 Likes

Let me quickly address the flagged comment. It’s really a complaint against some users, which obviously will not be well met by all. When it comes to giveaways, it is up to the person doing the giveaway to set the rules they wish to be in place. If they choose to limit a members wins to once a month, a certain trust level, the amount of time they have been a member or any other criteria they wish, it is on them to do so. It’s that simple.

So for example, if @LoveDaAutos has issues with folks winning more than once, it is up to them to host a giveaway and set the rules they would like. Comparing a group of members to a pack of hyenas is only going to cause sore feelings and friction with some members while not solving any perceived issues.

The way we approach an issues can be pretty important in finding a resolution. Just something to think about.

Have a great day OG.

33 Likes

Agree with the staying on topic, getting hard to follow this to see when and how payments will happen.

2 Likes

How payments happen has been discussed many, many times in this thread. If you are in the USA, you are waiting for Sebrings DIYGreenlife site to fix their email confirmations. When it is fixed, It will be posted.

17 Likes

I think some folks are just expressing anxiety about missing the post and loosing their box. I was very anxious about that for my first box last year. Too much sativa. :slight_smile: Turned out there was no need to worry. As long as you checkin every few days, it is near impossible to miss since you will see a million posts from people about it.

11 Likes

I can definitely appreciate your thoughts on this, I’ve learned through the same process, there is really no need to worry. For the Canadains atleast @DougDawson has always been truly outstanding with all of this stuff 247/365…

I know one day, I’ll get a DM about the Spring/Fall/Or otherwise box :package: and everything will be alright :+1: No stress, No mess!

15 Likes

Thanks @CADMAN. Appreciate the kind words brother.

12 Likes

I have found it best not to assert ones expectations upon others. The rules are simple:

• Each qualified member is free to sign up for one or all wiki’s unless there are limiting rules specifically stipulated in any specific wiki.
  • It is acceptable to add stipulations to one’s own distributions to attempt to control who might partake in the event.
  • It is not acceptable to demean nor degrade others for doing things differently than oneself, and generalizing about unnamed others while targeting specific individuals by mentioning their activities is creepy.

Regarding that last point, since we are expressing our personal feelings, I feel that re-posting a flagged post which calls people Hyenas and butt-kissers is not very acceptable. Less so than someone signing up for any or all wiki’s. What if every flagged post were re-posted by someone who sided with the individual who was flagged? I would prefer the mods adjudicated such posts, as seems to be the intention of the policy, if the mods find the posts to be appropriate then they can unflag them.

8 Likes

@CADMAN 's not wrong about this 100%. :v:

17 Likes