Spring 2024 Co-op Box Update thread - Growers

DUDE. This almost happened to me this week! I was home all day (working from home while sick) and i go outside to toss some recycling and at the end of my driveway is a canpost delivery truck talking with the canpost letter carrier. I went to the mailbox and found a card for pickup and when I looked over in confusion the letter carrier was looking at the guy in the truck running to get my parcel.

Seriously, car in driveway, I’m actually waiting for the doorbell and nothing. Even if they just knocked the dog would have exploded with barking so I wanted to call him out on his lazy bullshit but instead just took my parcel and assumed his job is so bad this is what he thinks he has to do to deal with it.

If anything it was a new dab rig so I hit that shit really fast after checking for any damages.

:man_facepalming:

12 Likes

Oh no! Is it just gonna be delayed as folks are late getting seeds to you?

3 Likes

That’s a great ending for a shitty story…Postal service has been a constant worry around here too. We get undeliverable notices all the time w/o reason.

7 Likes

Same here. But that’s because workers are being pressurized by managers, who want to turn a public service into a business. Always the same shit.

I too did not get there were difficulties to get the spring box seeds. Hope it doesn’t add to much work/worries on your shoulders @G-paS . Guess the fall boxes will be huge. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Shouldn’t this thread have been pinned? It has zero visibility. Not one grower was tagged. This thread has been buried and I found it on accident.
I’m sure the rest of the members who sign up to these would like to know that the box has been cancelled. The deadline is April 1st? that’s 24 days, yet has been decided us in the US don’t get a box now? I have to take a break… :roll_eyes:
Don’t mistake my inquisitiveness for ungratefulness.

7 Likes

Making co-op boxes takes time, advertising to members adds up on the load to have it happening. Add to that the number of PM or private threads that are probably involved and that we don’t (have to) see.

As someone myself that signed up for some co-op runs, I take my bit of the work by following the seeds run co-op category regulary so that I can see that kind of organizing threads and have news without asking the people that organize that to reach out to me. That’s a bit less load on their hands.

And well, the seeds are there, and they’ll land at some point, just have to be patient (and grateful). There’s ton of legit reasons for delays.

18 Likes

Maybe we could call it a summer Box.

4 Likes

Well, @DougDawson and I have ensured a 2 strain :canada: edition for the Spring Box. :sweat_smile:

18 Likes

I should have Gummo as well so up to 3 @Pigeonman :wink:

16 Likes

Go team GTA! :rofl:

:fist_right:

:fist_left:

13 Likes

Is this kushking902’s franchise genetics gummo run ?

4 Likes

Yes, that’s the one. I was speaking to him yesterday.

6 Likes

Awesome! There were no signup though as much as I can tell, that’s what made me curious. How will they be distributed?

Edit: guess it’ll happen soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

21 Likes

You are correct @funkyfunk , there has been no wiki “YET”. @Kushking902 is working out of town at present but once back home he said he is going to finish sorting the seeds to see what he has to work with. If there are no unforeseen circumstances he will then put up a signup. When they will get distributed in the USA is not a question I can answer. :v:

12 Likes

I have created a Canadian thread for folks to use so I don’t clutter up this one for the USA. It can be found here. :v:

13 Likes

I want to take some accountability here, as I am one of the coop growers who hasn’t sent in seeds yet to @G-paS putting her in this awkward position. I have some big personal reasons for not being very on my game lately but I also made a committment to this community and I want to apologize for the disruption in other peoples work that has caused. I’m packing up seeds today and going to try and get them landed ASAP to her, I am open to sending them directly to @DougDawson if that helps you make your deadline, even though that is not the normal way of things. I can report that there are many many Vortex seeds safely in the fridge well dried and cured and waiting to get out there whenever they can, I will keep them safe!

47 Likes

Don’t stress, they’ll land whenever they can, better take care of yourself. Hope life is good!

13 Likes

Heck yeah man the seeds can wait, take care of yourself. Thanks for putting all the time and effort into making it happen for everyone here.

10 Likes

was suppose to be in the fall box, then the spring box, now nutten… really wanted that one…

1 Like