Stretched like crazy, too late to top?

Am I crazy? Any input is appreciated…

My girl on the right has stretched like crazy.

I’m 10 days into 12/12.

I’m considering just topping off the highest shoots about a foot down…

1. Because I’m worried she’s going to grow right into the light

2. She’s casting alot of shade to the lower shoots and the taller shoots that really stretched have bud sites are real far apart.

3. The girl on the left looks great with tight budsites and I want to keep the light closer.

10 Likes

Personally I would do a bit of defoliating and then pull down any tall branches so they are level with the rest of your canopy. Put another trellis net afoot above the other one and tuck everything under it.

14 Likes

Thats a great idea. Thanks alot qtip!

4 Likes

Plants look amazing you will get a plentiful bounty I’m sure :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

I would also look into supercropping. It’s super simple and very effective. You could lay those tall branches at 90deg and the net would hold the that way. Here is an auto I did.

17 Likes

@DougDawson hey thanks for the input!

I think that’s the same idea qtip is saying. Just different methods…the thought of putting in a 2nd net never occurred to me.

3 Likes

A second net is defiantly a good idea. I suggested supercropping as it is a more extreme form of training and that plant is very stretched. Getting branches to a 90 angle at this point will be hard by just pulling them down but if you super crop them it will only take a minute and than you can keep them there with the second net easily. Best of luck

3 Likes

Ahhh I see what you are getting at. I’ll grab some of those clips from the hydro store when I am there also. Much respect! Thank you!

2 Likes

Once in flower I wouldn’t do any HST :sweat:, whatever you do try to be gently with them … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Make sure to squish the branch before bending, so that it doesn’t break.

4 Likes

I had a similar problem. Went back to my tried and true MST of rubber bands safety pinned to my fabric pots. Somewhere between pulling it 90 degrees and LST. You get a much wider plant, but shorter. They branches do turn back up, but I tie them about halfway up, so only half as tall if that makes sense.

2 Likes

@George yah I feel you. I’m real nervous about having to stress them in flower. I’m only 10 days in right now so I figure the earlier the better…

@anon93244739 thanks for the tip! I’m gunna watch a cpl videos before I try any HST.

I’m on my way to hydro store rn. Going to get a net and some of the HST clip things.

I’m going to try trimming and bending them under the net first.if I can’t make that work ill.have to resort to serious folds.

Thanks guys!!!

3 Likes

Make sure to get 60 or 90 degree clips, the 45s always end up straight after a few weeks on my plants.

2 Likes

If I were in your position I would do some very aggressive pruning of the lowers (leaves and unproductive branches).

And then do something like this:

it depends on how much side room you have though.

Supercropping is a good idea too.

She might be just at the point where she’s stopped stretching (maybe) so you might be ok.

6 Likes

@Foreigner honestly, not alot of side room. My tent she’s filled up lol.

I’m gunna try trimming what I can and pulling folding or bending the high stuff

Thanks alo4AAA,At for the advice!aywqW2xtEww

2 Likes

Girls look great other than the stretch issue had one do that to me as well always a pain in the ass lol hope it all goes great

1 Like

@Cratix thank you!! The one on the left is gunna produce some fire I think. Hardly stretched at all everything stayed tight. As long as I can get the light closer…

I’ll post a cpl pics this afternoon with the results of all your help. Thanks everyone

1 Like

Also, wait until the plant needs water before doing HST.

5 Likes

@ReikoX thank you! They are in need of a feed currently so my timing was accidently perfect

1 Like

Got the net in and was able to fold everything over with out having to break branches. Now comes time for a serious hair cut. Wish me luck lol.

12 Likes