Sunrise/Sunset let’s see what y’all got

I was super into photography when I was younger, it’s still the artistic medium I excel at but I just don’t have the time, space or money to be into it like I used to be. Especially with other hobbies bogarting all those resources(growing my own food and meds is just a bit more important to me). I love nature photos but sunrise and sunset really get my attention, I’m a stoner with ADD it’s no wonder that colorful things grab my attention​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Actually I like sky pics in general the best. Clouds, stars, rainbows, northern lights anything like that but for the purposes of this post let’s see your favorite sunrise/sunset shots that you’ve taken. I’ll have to dig thru the piles in my phone to find my favorites but here’s a pretty one from this morning to start things off :v: :seedling: :green_heart:

37 Likes

Odd this should pop up since I took this yesterday (and since I rarely take pics of anything, let alone sunsets). It definitely failed to capture 75% of it but it still came out nice.

28 Likes

here’s a few more. I had way better ones but lost a lot of my pics cause I apparently got this phone before a bunch of stuff was backed up. I had panoramic view sunset shots from a rooftop next to Wrigley field overlooking the city that were amazing. Maybe my ex has em still, I’ll have to ask

30 Likes

That is cool. I love the different colors you get at the different altitudes with the clouds. And those thick, rolling wave clouds that you captured in your photo are my favorite. 99% of the time I find photos fail to capture the range of colors snd beauty seen by the eye but they can still be breathtaking anyway. Not to mention cropping and compression to make em fit on the site can screw em up too

4 Likes

It had snowed lightly all day and stopped maybe a half hour before I took that. It was WAY oranger in person and even the darker spots were lit up orange. It was like an led up against a cotton ball.

Those are some nice shots you got! If my pics (or my sunsets) came out like that I might take more! :laughing:

5 Likes

Honestly they were taken on an old iPhone, but the moments captured were so beautiful that even coming out 1/4 as good as they looked in real life and they still look pretty decent

5 Likes

Standish/Pinconning, MI sunrises and sets from this year. I thoroughly enjoy sungazing at the bay there on lake Huron, you can stare directly into the sun after it first rises for about 10-15 minutes without doing damage to your eyes. Gives you an incredible feeling inside like something warm is spreading outward from the middle of you.

My analog controller I use for sunrise-sunset in my grow room :joy:

32 Likes

Damn… those are some beautiful shots. I think you win the thread so far :smiley: nice looking controller too

2 Likes

Oooh, sunrise/sunset over water is some of my favorite along with over snow capped mountains. Nice ones, thanks for sharing :+1:

2 Likes

Sunset at 54° north 5 days after the winter solstice, 4pm.

25 Likes

Taken last night !

37 Likes

Late afternoon sunset.

22 Likes

@Rabeats2093 that’s a serene looking photo

4 Likes

Hell yeah, everybody bringing the :fire: pics

4 Likes

From my back yard…

22 Likes

Thanks brother was out with the dog last night waiting for the woman to get home I seen that and was like shitttt lol #nofilter :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Damn more in there then I though lol

16 Likes

22 Likes

20 Likes

22 Likes