Switching to LED

Where are you based bro I’ll help as much as I can even if I can’t sell to you. I’m :100: not all about the money

2 Likes

@Baudelaire will tell you the UK is the most expensive place to ship. So it may not end up more expensive for you to buy. I know we’re expensive but if we showed you our overheads it’s really not much profit. The idea was to make efficient LED more accessible to our fellow UK growers. And good safe and honest lighting. From day one though always said I’d guide anyone through a diy build paying or not. Ask @Albannach my private messages are full of free info to the grower family we can’t sell to. Aswell as the ones we can

1 Like

Yup i can back that up you’ll get loads of support if you build your own rig. You can actually grow your own light, just keep adding more strips as and when you can afford them :grin: It looks like i will switch to a fully SolStick rig with Colas help of course. I’m not comfortable with the high voltages involved with series connected cobs in such close proximity to water so the 24V parallel connected strip rig gets my fullest backing for diy builds. Simplicity AND Safety :thumbsup:

1 Like

I’m pretty confident in those push in cob holders to be fair bro. Make them about as comfortable to work with as strips (to me at least) and you can cover them easier than strips if you have a really humid environment. But the spread of both light and heat is unparalleled at the minute for the strips. And passive is a standard. I have always liked cobs. (And I know I need to sell strips so should be punting hard. But community is well more important to me)

1 Like

Yup it’s good to have you around pal. This whole LED thing is evolving fast eh but i think those strips are by far the best solution around, especially for a small area. Those molex holders allow for parallel connection too but that means large resistors for current limiting at each chip and different drivers so i’m no so keen on going that way yet. I’ll have a crack at rebuilding my existing rig first anyway bro and i might pass it on to a friend later anyway lol.

Been thinking about getting those surge protected extension leads for the drivers too bro :thumbsup:

1 Like

I’m referring to the X3 strips, the 80cm strip is still in development. It will likely be a 48v strip. -b420

3 Likes