T.A (GHE) CultiMate 4-pack

I am about to change from growing in soil to growing in coco and I am looking at the CultiMate 4-pack watering system. Is anyone running this setup please? I cannot find any reviews online and would like to know if it is ideal for coco in a 150cm x 150cm (5×5) growtent ? Thanks.

2 Likes

Looks like a water farm/undercurrent setup :thinking:

I’d imagine it’d work fine.

IDK about ideal for coco or not. Could just get some fabric pots and call it a day there, but I get wanting some automation.

2 Likes

Looks like it’s the new brand name for the old Waterfarms

It sounds like one of the founders of GH had rights to the design to license it to a Euro manufacturer? GH still makes identical ones

@springer theres an older thread over here that’s huge dedicated to those things but like Holy said, yeah they’ll work good for you, that’s an old and reliable system design.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?14996-Official-all-things-WATERFARM-thread!

2 Likes

@springer I think those would work well, that thread I linked also talks about the modifications people make to them to turn them into mini-DWC buckets with another air stone and pump for the reservoir, and drilling out the inner pot to make it more like a netpot. I think you’d also be just as happy and maybe find more options for expansion and different methods with an Autopot system, there’s a very active community here of folks who DIY their own to grow in coco and other soilless mediums, you could think of them as a auto watering hempy bucket style if that makes any sense to you.

@GrouchyOldMan @SaintAliasKnife @ifish are all great users to look at their grow logs and see how the system works, they all have it dialed in.

Depending on availability where you are, there’s also a lot of people here loving the FloraFlex Matrix system, which is pretty inexpensive and highly modular, it’s also a great place to get parts for a self-designed system instead of fudging things. Many people have recommended getting a small kit from FF and leaving lots of reviews of the parts of it on their website, with photos and videos. They have a very generous reward points program for that, enough to order more parts and upgrade even!

@Naptown916 is doing a grow with their system now if you wanna watch or ask questions:

Some good coco threads on here to read and definitely look at posts and journals from some experienced coco heads like @CocoaCoir @Dope_Heffalump @DougDawson @HolyAngel lots of folks in some form of coco or coco-based mix here.

4 Likes

Oh yeah definitely look at the FF guide they have maybe the best step by step with numbers and everything to take the guesswork out:

https://floraflex.com/default/how-to-grow/crop-steering/

Another forum/website I love to read is www.cocoforcannabis.com they’re the real dedicated site for this, tons of good guides, product reviews, and troubleshooting stuff from the editors there and then the forums are one of the more pleasant places on the cannabis internet along with here

Another few knowledgeable grower threads here on OG:

2 Likes

I do grow in coco but hand water using General hydroponics trio. Automation is nice but if it were me, I would suggest hand watering for a run or 2 so you can figure out the new medium.

3 Likes

This is a really good point, I’ve learned a lot by hand watering

2 Likes

I’m always saying good things about FloraFlex they should pay me lol, I think if you’re newer to automated systems theirs are more plug and play so a little more user friendly. Pricing is also very competitive with other brands and they have a few different setups that come in packages for your size tent. I’ve done 6 maybe 8 cycles since I switched to FloraFlex, never looking back. Thing is too they have very simple systems like you’re looking at but also more advanced systems that you might grow into (no pun intended) as you get more into things. Parts are shared between systems so you wouldn’t have to totally upgrade if you do transition up over time. Any questions on their stuff happy to answer what I know :v:

To the hand watering point, with a 5x5 that might be a tall task. You can always hook up the lines and rather than automating it, manually turn your system on and off till you figure out the routine.

I use coco because it’s less likely to attract pests but I treat it more like soil. I start with 4” pots and water 1 1/2 cup every 2-3 days depending on the dry down. I switch to 1 gal at day 20 and it’s 6 cups every other day. I do what I mentioned above and just turn my pump on every other day when it’s time.

2 Likes

Thanks for your posts. My main problem with coco is the frequent watering as I have to leave for a few days frequently. And another problem will be run off to waste as I get my RO water suppply from a different location and waste is not an option. A recirculating solution would be great. That is why I thought this system would work out. But just got told from T.A themselves that this system is designed for pebbles and not coco :disappointed: