Tent Heater Question

I used a little radiator heaters. With a wall thermostat. I did get some smaller ones. Half that size. They work pretty good. I don’t turn the wattage full blast. I use half wattage. Works great.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve got pretty much that same heater that @Pigeonman showed, only mine is in the tent. I keep the dial about 1/2 way like @Hemp said and have it hooked up to the inkbird that kicks it on and off based on the set temp. Works really well so far

2 Likes

That’s the exact one!

1 Like

I got my fingers crossed. Lol it is cold.

You wanna hear some OCD shit. I was worried about the little light on the on off switch affecting the dark cycle so I trimmed out pieces of electrical tape with an exact-o knife to cover it perfectly. Even while I was doing it I was thinking “this might be a little much” :joy:

6 Likes

@DannyTerpintine and @anon85454369
Overall electric heaters Add a huge cost monthly.
As you guys say If you can just add another tent or grow light to the area you’ll get the heat you need and either more light or a larger grow area instead of just paying for heat

4 Likes

I didn’t really spray much with them in the tent, since it was easy to yank them out and I was mostly using them in flowering October and November last year. I haven’t seen any claims to splashproof or water resistant status, but they seem tightly made, without gaps. I didn’t hesitate to get a little spray on them but I did turn them off until the tent dried back out. They have a thermal protection circuit built in, so that’s good. If you wanted to be extra safe, you could try plugging a GFCI dongle upstream from your Inkbird for extra protection I guess.

2 Likes

I’ll put aluminum tape of a mine. The one big one I don’t do anything to it I’ll let the red light go is not shining on my grow. But true on the light. It will mess you up.

1 Like
2 Likes

This is one I’m kinda looking at. Another one that’s 100$. I got some from Home Depot. I’ll show you in a little bit it blows hot air. I had to take the red light out of it but it wasn’t no big deal.

1 Like

So this is a different subject but I used to have 42 aquariums and it made sense to use one of those 1500watt oil heaters to heat the room and only use the odd Aquarium heater in the tanks that had warmer water species.
Aquarium heaters vary from 25-300watts and average size is 100w
So in that case it made sense to run a radiant oil heater, which potentially prevented 2500w-4000w from running at once if I had 42 heaters

In the grow room situation I lean more towards adding more light which can potentially increase the size of the grow space or the yield in the same sized space.
As a second opinion C02 burner or a propane heater which also adds humidity to the grow, your dehumidifier will cycle more adding more heat to the room as well in that situation.

2 Likes

I completely forgot those flat panel heaters, great for small areas!

2 Likes

The top one for 20$. I don’t run it much. But if I do it’s on low.
1 Like

That’s a good one. I have never used one but have seen them.

2 Likes

That’s just doing it properly @LegsMahoney !

My house is electrically heated, so $ down the drain one way or another. This way with a small heater dialed in at 175w draw of the available 400w the unit can use allows with the powered ducting controlled application into 2 tents (2x4 and 4x4) with the bleed that doesn’t get pulled into the tubes into the room itself to stack onto the rooms baseboard heaters.

On top of this, I vent my 2x4 and 4x4 directly outside so I run those exaust fans SUPER LOW so i’m not just burning money.

The 4x4 has an AC infinity 6" set to bleed the tents air INTO the basement directly once the tent hits 22c. So even with lights off there will never be a humidity build-up BUT during lights on the excess heat helps keep the heating bill DOWN due to the OCD applied.

5 Likes

How can I know if my space heater Is dimmerable if It has only 2 options to choose from?Can I dimmer it by using an external dimmer plug like yours?
@Pigeonman

2 Likes

oh i don’t use a dimmer. When I say dialed down, i’m using the heaters built in controller, and using a wattage meter to figure out my power draw.

Sometimes running stuff like a heater on an active dimmer can overload the dimmer. (aka: bad :fire: )

4 Likes

I see,I cannot find a heater Just like 100-200 Watts.I have One that destroyed my wallet with the Electric Bill of this month,dimmerable only on 1000 Watts and 2000 :frowning:

2 Likes