Seedling

Veg

Flower

Fans

Misc

Total
CDN$ 867.55

:seedling: White Widow Auto First strain Im trying
:tv: Twitch.tv Come ask me about my grow!

13 Likes

Looks like you’re about ready. Is this your 1st grow or just a new setup? Have you ordered beans yet?

4 Likes

@pux, I have no experience with most of the items on your list, but I do have the Vivosun 6" duct fan. Please don’t be fooled by the description of “Extreme low noise”. In fact, the opposite is true. The db level at the fan is around 85, and from 6 feet away, it’s around 75. So if you’re just looking to move air, it will work fine. However, if you’re looking for something quiet and stealthy, it’s a poor choice.

3 Likes

@anon81143130 this will be my 3rd or 4th grow depending if u count a single plant window harvest. seeds are already in soil. I plan to make a diary thread if they pop up.

@Purple-N-Hairy i noticed this fan was super loud right away… probly gonna put it in the closet on the other side of the wall… dont really wanna buy anything else. I was told if u use it with a smart plug u can control the speed. kind of criminal that they advertise it as “extreme low noise”

2 Likes

Oops - sorry, I didn’t realize you already made the purchase.

So I plugged that duct fan into a dimmer outlet like this one:

white-lutron-dimmers-tt-300nlh-wh-64_1000

While it allowed me to reduce the power/noise a modest amount, the fan cuts off if the power is reduced by more than 10-15%.

1 Like

I’ve got the same tent. I had to customize the separator to work for me, but it seems alright. Except for light leaks at the zippers

3 Likes

@Grease_Monkey im considering cutting a vent hole in mine so i can use my hood vent properly wich is sadly just barely too big for this tent. i like the divider. takes a bit or work to get it in place but leaves a lot of options open.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard nice set up
Good luck just need some seeds and a little dirt and your set

3 Likes

I had to bend mine over and use the shelf as a ceiling so I could have my fan and filter inside lol. If I’m ever not lazy I’m going to get rid of the divider and use thin plywood or somthing to make it more secure

2 Likes

Hey grease monkey how did you fix the light leaks on your zipper on that tent cuz my tent has light leaks on the zipper too and I haven’t really thought of a good to fix it yet

1 Like

@Papalag seeds broke thru soil today!

@Grease_Monkey yea im worried i might have to put somthing for smell later… but i smoke in here all day and like the smell of weed.

@Zman682 I think i got lucky with my tent all good stitching only light leaks i can see so far is on some of the vent hole covers, but doesnt bother me.

1 Like

Lol I didnt… they arnt “horrible” just s glow around the zipper. It was good when I got it. Now not so much. But I’m too big to fit in the tent and see if light comes in so screw it…

1 Like

That’s the first step treat those babies with care

A carbon filter is a must for order control
There’s nothing stinkier then weed in flower

My first grow the whole neighborhood smelled you could follow it to my front door

There usually last a 18 months but I Chang’s them once a year I keep the old ones around just in case

There’s some great dyi filter project if that’s your thing

Also I’ve tried to re fill the old filters it’s a pain in the ass and the carbon is almost as expensive lol

2 Likes

That sounds awesome!
my current plan is to pump the smell into the attic… your thoughts?

1 Like

The smell still can get out through the attic vent
I’ve dried weed in my attic thoughts that the hight of the house and the smell vented out above the roof line would distribute the smell way above the house and the wind will carry it away lol :joy: the smell was blocks away

A cheap inline 6 in fan on amazon 30$ US dollars
A 60 $ filter is well worth the peace of mind

2 Likes

I have the same exact tent. I love it. I gave up on the divider though, just use the shelf for storage and seed starting. It is now my flowering tent. How did you get the divider to not leak light? The velcro drove me crazy haha!

3 Likes

Lots and lots and lots of duct tape lol… that’s why I want to replace it with plexi or plywood… then you’re not relying on velcro/tape to hold it up and keep it light proof

3 Likes

You have more patience than me haha! I just bought another small tent for veg. I am super pumped you got it to work though. It seems like the ideal setup!

1 Like

@Papalag
“A cheap inline 6 in fan on amazon 30$ US dollars
A 60 $ filter is well worth the peace of mind”

ok so i ordered a filter gonna try it outside the tent first

1 Like

That’s were mine lives outside the tent I run 3 small tents that way

2 Likes