The 2024 Charity Auction for the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada

I know it’s a bummer to wait with nothing to go on, but I have faith that he’ll get back to us as soon as he’s able. New job and everything, takes some adjusting and it can be hectic while trying to make new routines while readjusting for old responsibilities too. He’ll be back.

Heck, he may feel a little sheepish :sheep: for having been MIA longer than planned. I’ll cut him some slack for now.

2 Likes

I’m hearing y’allz feelings. Gotta admit, they’re likely in the back of all our minds.
Though, I’m a firm believer that there is no ill will on @TopicalWave’s part.
He did attempt to uphold his end of the bargain once, and he did state that he’d make it happen.
Him being MIA is concerning. But I’m gonna choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.
:peace_symbol::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

@TopicalWave :raising_hand_man: You ok bud?

5 Likes

@TopicalWave , speaking from personal experience, ADHD effing sucks, and can get you mired down in guilt and such real fast. If you’re up a creek of any kind, in available on PM and other are too I’m sure. We’ve got your back if needed.

Also, you can take my beans out of the resend pile if it makes it easier. They were just for fun and a low bid. :v::green_heart:

6 Likes

Unsure how many OG auctions ive participated in over the last few years. But to have now 2 fundraisers where some/all items haven’t received that were “won” is a bit discouraging. Don’t get me wrong I realize at the heart OG auctions are fundraisers to help the community cost of operation and other nobel causes around the country and the prizes/items are a bit of a bonus/incentive. But do we need some sort of "auction action group? Or order of operations for running auctions, could a designated auction distributor in the various regions similar to the co-op repro distribution system help alleviate logistic issues. Not necessarily haveing to be the same , or even different distributors, as to not over load any aspects of the current system.

Participating in this auction from a point of helping a local charity with the bonus of seeds is the grounds I approach the auction with. but to others it could mean alot more. Maybe it was someone’s last 25$ and they were banking on a pack of seeds to grow to get them through a season. Not beeching and complaining just all food for thought.

At any rate , hope all is well with topicalwave, not going to tag him as im sure his notifications are packed at this point.

Wishing the best of days , to all whom cross this post.

8 Likes

What was the second one?

1 Like

This auction when we rallied for meds for Santeros partner.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, I remember that one. Thanks. This does seem like a one off though since all the stuff was apparently mailed out and returned. Not sure why it’s taking so long.to sort out.but hopefully @topicalwave will pop in today and update us on how he will remedy this.

2 Likes

I lost my brother ,who was my dad ,best friend and brother all in one to brain cancer . Watching a 37 year old tough as nails SOB go from healthy one minute to paralyzed and bed ridden till his death in 7 months was truly the hardest thing I ve ever went thru and watched. Being there for someone in those moments are truly tough but very special. I applaud everyone who donated to the cause . This is why I love Overgrow ,just when u think I couldn t love this group and members anymore thn I do I see this kind ve thread and it hits me …You members are not only generous and kind your all truly amazing …

14 Likes

I could be wrong its been a min since I read thru this one but I think @TopicalWave said he tried multiple times and mentioned something about the cost being discouraging, understandable. If its not a whole lot I’ll pay for them all to be shipped to @misterbee to distribute if @TopicalWave will DM me for the details…

100% agree, if you read this let us know you aight bud! pretty sure everyone here understands life gets in the way

8 Likes

To all whom are wondering about this curfluffle.

I’ve been in contact with topicalwave, via other means.

He would like me to pass on how terrible he feels about this whole mix around and is quite distraught over it. Which is only adding to the underlying matters at hand, he mentioned theres been a wild amount of messages and tags about this which he understands , but also notes theres been a few less than pleasant ones he’s come across. He is incredibly sorry, and never intended for any of this to happen. The way life played out as it did brings us to where we are now. I’m confident in saying the seeds aren’t gone or lost forever, a solution is in the works.

I’m confident this will all be smoothed out with time, and I’ve had dealings with topicalwave in the past all of which were very positive.

16 Likes

Nice post…ya, I think the guy deserves a chance to redeem himself. it’s not like he just disappeared…he sent the seeds, Canadians got theirs, the US sent them back. It’ll get figured out.

If anyone is in dire need of seeds PM me.

12 Likes

Thank you! I hope the few impatient people did not put a bad taste in him that deters him from coming back. How can you dislike a canoeer?

10 Likes

good to hear he’s doin alright! please let him know I’ll cover the charges if he wants, its not fair to have him pay 3 times… no hurry tho

4 Likes

sorry to hear about your brother, I lost mine pretty recently its pretty fuckin hard. I’m happy this community could be there for you in this small way

4 Likes

Thx , it was pure hell to watch him go toe to toe with that awful shit .I appreciate the kind words and send my condolences to u for ur loss. There’s no easy way to go through it even after our loved ones have passed but honoring them in these cool ways helps alot.

3 Likes

Then take the time to make it right. There is not one of us that doesn’t have problems in our lives, so don’t use that as an excuse to not take care of business and follow through on commitments.

4 Likes

But he is taking the time to make it right. Says so in the same message that was quoted above:

Just gotta be patient for now. He already tried to send things once.

And if it’s a matter of being out of seeds and needing to rely on the ones that Topical is sending then please see this message from Pete

All will be sorted, for now we just gotta give each other some understanding :v:

2 Likes

Perhaps @Cannasseur could let folks know what the solution is that is being worked on. That might put some minds at rest. At this point communication would be a real good thing.

13 Likes

A bit over due stopping back in here with any form of answers or solution, other than It was a while since I had herd from topicalwave , so I reach back out to see how he was. And let him know ive finally got some wheels i can use to meet with him and help get the packages taken care of. What exactly that looks like at this point , there isn’t a formed plan so I’m not able to say much more. The seeds are still safe and our friend topical has been working on focusing on his day to day and getting back on track, also mentioned his new job was going well. After we come up with a plan/ direction I will for sure be here to update all curious parties.

May everyone have a safe and hazy day

10 Likes

Maybe next year…