The Automation Station [Everything Sonoff and Automation Related]

:rofl: she’s a keeper mate :+1:

1 Like

Man it’s gonna be awesome! The new parts will go in the new tent and grow #2 begins! Ive been wanting to try the TH16s out too so I’m really excited, I love their products.

One of us needs to reflash these some day and see what else we can make them do! I have the FTDI boards here but not sure if it’s worth losing the sonoff fw just to pick up a few features like shorter intervals.

1 Like

I’ve been considering a reflash. But I’m so deep in other projects right now I just can’t ha. Did eventually manage to figure a very cost effective way to hopefully get the cnc mini mill running. by ridding myself of the idea for Mach 3 as a program. And deciding on GRBL. sorry for the tangent there still kinda automation related I guess. It will still be a week or 2 before I get these out btw but I’ll let you know when they’re on the way. What’s in the new tent setup?

2 Likes

Very early planning stages now. I’m loving micro so I just wanna do multiple smaller grows from now on. Will be another screw in build and have yet to decide on irrigation method yet.

2 Likes

Congratulations! You’ve made the DIY LINK-O-RAMA!

4 Likes

Hi folk,

I’ve posted an overview of the SensorPush hygrometers, here:

While not specifically designed for automation (there are better options for fixed humidity sensing in automated grows), it does have some features that are automation like that could be useful for curing, etc.

Since these are battery powered and wireless, it is very easy to drop them anywhere they’d be useful. Also, the OEM claims that they will be providing an API at some point to the device data such that it could be integrated into an automation control system.

6 Likes

Is it just me or is the ewelink server down at the minute?

1 Like

I’m editing timers in the app right now. So I don’t think it’s down.

2 Likes

I think it is for the UK. I’ve tried both my cable connection and my mobile. It best get fixed soon or I’m going back to regular timers. :+1:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just as well i’m still using timers cos half the time i cant even make bluetooth work :joy:

3 Likes

This is why Im looking into flashing different firmware on mine. Also, it really worries me having anything on my home system thats connected to a ‘cloud’ controlled by a country that my idiot president keeps wanting to antagonize. I really really want to have my system completely isolated from any clouds.

6 Likes

The cloud also keeps me from using sonoff stuff. It looks nice though. :grin:

3 Likes

I need another timer similar to the sonoff basic - BUT - that does NOT want all my personal information and does NOT use any type of “cloud” storage BS.

I just want a private, simple, 100% locally controlled, cheap timer. BlueTooth or WiFi control would be nice, but I will skip that, if necessary, for privacy and hacking reasons.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Sonoff basic with custom firmware?

Do you need app functionality? Sonoff’s with custom firmware lose the ability to use the app, but I believe they can be controlled via local web server.

1 Like

I too have no cloud. :middle_finger: :arrow_right: :cloud: :imp:

Apparently there is a radio(RF) bit that can be added…(?) and a bunch of other whiz kid hacks too. If I can find my bookmarks(as in, too lazy to read) I’ll post them up. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Im not wild about going through all the trouble of flashing one, but will look into that if its the only option.

The app functions, and being able to remotely control it, would be nice, but I am more than willing to give that part up to keep my info private.

Thanks!

Had a look around and figured this is the place to ask about Sonoff…

So quick question, can I safely use a Sonoff switch such as the 4CH to run a 250W CFL and single T5? i.e. use it as a timer for the two lights, with the option to expand what I control with the two additional channels. This is for my veg/prop cabinet I’ve built. Do I need something in between the bigger light and the switch?

I’ve ordered a TH10 to run the tube heater in my main cabinet, so I’m dipping my toe :slight_smile:

Massively inspired by @anon58740919’s box in this thread. You seem like the dude with all the knowledge on this stuff here mate! :wave:

4 Likes

I’m going to presume the amperage of the CFL and T5 don’t surpass the 10amp limit. And say that should be safe enough. Same for expansion as long as you don’t overload you will be safe from my experience. There’s plenty of other folks with the knowledge here too once used right they’re a blessing for pennies in a grow room

5 Likes

I’m sure they don’t, so that’s all good then. Just being cautious, as I’ve only really seen them used with LED rigs. This is great news, because it means I have something new to build!

Thanks for your help mate

Tx

3 Likes

@MidcoastOrganic some other work