The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

Ahhh, the Adelaide fiasco. Funny story about that street and construction. I worked as a chef di cuisine for about 10 years at a spot called “ Tutti Matti” between king and peter on Adelaide. One summer they decided to rip up out front of the restaurant and we were forced to close because we had no running water and thats a health violation. All summer long they filled in the whole and dug it again a few days later, not a small whole either. It was mind boggling to watch. Literally doing nothing but digging and filling a whole and sometimes breaking the water main, watched a guyser spew onto our roof for about 6 hours lol. We were forced to close every few days for two months during peak season, always with 24 hours notice because of water line being turned off. Owner Had to file a complaint and ended up being rewarded payment based on an aberage of sales over the last 5 years on the specific days forced to close but that didnt cover all the loss on waste from losing fresh produce and meats that would have been sold.It had to be someone using up a budget lol. That was 15 years ago and the construction is still ongoing…. Lol

4 Likes

That’s brutal. But it’s an ugly mess wherever you go.

Eglinton…only 15 more years to go!

2 Likes

The cross town is fucking up my hood, and the gardner issue is just gonna increase the road rage for the idiots that bought into “downtown” living and brought their SUV’s from the suburbs.

3 Likes

22c and a nice breeze off the Gulf of Mexico

5 Likes

Warmer today at 28 but still a nice breeze.

2 Likes

Does anyone know much about the background of the Burmese clone from Vancouver Island that was around in the early to later 90s? It seems to have been a cut that was used by a few breeders like the Victoria Island Seed Company (VISC), Reeferman and Jordan of the islands.
Seems to have a sativa high on a indica build type plant. Some reports it can go 8-10 weeks, but a few of the reports i have seen about it from crosses suggest it takes mor like 10-12.

I messaged Jordan a few days ago and havent heard back. He did say this when i first got my Burmese seeds.
“Hey bud, not much I can tell you about the Burmese strain except that it was my absolute favorite strain back in the early 90’s. Came to me as a clone only. I’ve made a few great crosses with it over the years…”

Description
Easy to grow, easy to clone. Very stable, we’ve kept the pure Burmese since the early nineties as well, VISC has used Burmese to breed some of the best Hybrids around. Burmese took first place in the Tokers Bowl 2000. Dont keep Burmese in the veg. state too long or possible height problems as the elongation during the flowering transition is impressive. For Sea-of-Green flip to bud as soon as the clones have roots. The smell is wonderfully amazing and very aromatic. One of the taller plants in your garden, exceptional results from a Flowering time of 8-10 weeks but many growers harvest after only 7 weeks for that early cerebral high. Indoors experienced growers can expect 2 to 4 ounce yields in a 2 Gallon pot indoors.

Flowering Time: 8 - 10 weeks
Yield: 110 - 140 grams
F4om seedfinder

6 Likes

Speaking of Vancouver island planning a trip there soon . Any tips to finding clones worth taking home ?

6 Likes

Okay hear me out! I know its the first of March but what are people planning for their outdoors this year. Looking to grow some monsters.

Also, in Saint John for work, and this place rules! Amazing food, wonderful downtown and apart from the bone-chilling cold a very hospitable place.

71686FCD-38E8-4F18-BA30-9D5B235AD0AF_4_5005_c F9122D4D-18E2-40A8-886D-5387E1462CB6_4_5005_c

13 Likes

Did somebody say outdoor monsters? I’m listening

6 Likes

Bring a sap? :thinking:

:rofl:

3 Likes

Love St John’s, check out the Battery, Quidi Vidi and Signal Hill. O’Reillys on George Street for music.

8 Likes

Has anyone heard from @Yetigrows in the last while?
He disappeared and now I’m getting worried. :thinking:

6 Likes

I was thinking that not long ago. He was always around here somewhere.

1 Like

Don’t forget the cotton club. lol

1 Like

Ya, there’s several more (Bridie Malloys etc) but O’Reillys was always my favorite for good local music.

Oh ya…that’s the strip club!

2 Likes

Yeah. There used to be Billy’s show bar , bubbles , bubbles was really skanky lol. Some nice restaurants there too , I fished the Grand Banks for a few years. Nfld is a beautiful carefree place.

3 Likes

Im running purest indica from authentic genetics outside this year, got a few phenos will go out.Finished in 7.5 weeks so might work outside here. Im also running sterling green skunk from csi. Going to start those later and keep them smaller. Plan is to make some purest indica x sterling green and vice versa, make some more sterling green beans and im also putting all my keepers out to get pollinated by purest indica as well. Males from purest indica will be flowered indoors a little earlier and ill be hand pollinating all of the outdoor. Going to take the males from the sterling and flower them gorilla way back in the bush. Ive got a little creek and a clearing, perfect spot. Might even out some small females their and let them all get knocked up as well. We shall see

6 Likes

No ice fishing here

tapatalk_491327060_510x384

Only ice that I’ve seen comes in a glass
No bags of milk seen either.

9 Likes

Yes! These should be GREAT!

1 Like

They still sell bags of milk here in Nova Scotia seen em at Walmart the other day. Haven’t seen them since I was a kid. No ice fishing here this yr either.

2 Likes