The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

Speaking of 3d printing

4 Likes

Youā€™re a talented guy with lots of expertise. You can do better :+1:

2 Likes

Just got home , Iā€™ll give till 7 if anyone else wants a chance then Iā€™m going to draw .

3 Likes

Iā€™m warming up the hat .

1 Like

Wizdom is the lucky winner !!!

So, for the 4 second place finishers, Iā€™m working on a consolation prize so send me a pm for details.

9 Likes

Sweeeeet. This will get put to good use. Thank you @madouesse Much much much appreciated mate :blush: :v:

10 Likes

Congratulations :clap:

2 Likes

Again, remember that it is a prototype, some cobbling will be required for the shopvac and we donā€™t even know how well it works .

5 Likes

Happy guinea pig over here

images-33

I found this open source print from 2020 as well, just dont have a printer. So very much happy to test this. I know its a scaled down version of the diy plans that Real Seeds put out. So would hope it works well

Macgyver Time

mac-gyver-smile

11 Likes

So, Iā€™m looking for a 3D printerā€¦ Budget is under $500ā€¦aaaand go :grin:

Seriously though, does anyone have any suggestions?

2 Likes

Congrats on the win! Nice giveaway @madouesse

2 Likes

Nuit Blanche is too late for me. Is there a late afternoon Blanche?

3 Likes

Well itā€™s all along the waterfront this yearā€¦

Looking through the maps itā€™s a shell of what it was 10 years ago. Granted thereā€™s more around the city but seriously it looks like you better pick a hood and stick with it or itā€™ll be FreeTTCing everywhere.

Iā€™m staying home even though there are 4 things nearby.

3 Likes

If, if we go, Iā€™m not going south of eglinton. There are a couple up north.

Art, who needs it?

1 Like

I think weā€™re thinking the same spaces.

Lawrence and Don Mills, Agha Kahn and Japanese Cultural Center.

1 Like

Know nothing about printers but have heard lots of these brought up

Bambu
Prusa
Creality

2 Likes

@luxton, I just bought a Bambu P1S with the overhead 4 filiment feeder. I love this thing but my wife loves it more
It hasnt stopped printing since I put it together (8 days) shes running it 24 hrs per day. They have a couple printers within your price point. The other brand we were looking at was Prusha but its starting price is higher

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had a couple friends pointing me towards bambu, they seem to be the common denominator in everyoneā€™s recommendation, and the P1S specifically. And now both of you @Wizdom and @Fortman420 mention them as well.

4 filiment feeder you say? That would definitely be handy!

Thanksā€‹:metal::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Yep it just between filament when needed. Its a tough hit initially but thats an after thought once you get building things then its just a matter of keeping the filaments stocked, well in our house anyways

3 Likes

7 Likes