The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

We used to use the overgrown gardens of condemned houses as cover.

3 Likes

Go INTO the lake.

1 Like

I used to walk on water but someone stole my inflatable shoes.

1 Like

This is a fantastic forum for the sharing of information. I am a newbie to the forum but not to growing. I have had some moderately good outdoor success but dismal indoor.

6 Likes
2 Likes

In case any Canadians were not tagged here is the link to the Spring Box 2023 thread. Updates will be provided there.

8 Likes

Welcome, it is a great forum. Lots of great help to be had here to improve your grow, whether its indoor or outdoor.

1 Like

Welcome to OG @Rayman

1 Like

Thank you and to everyone else that has welcomed me. I have done a bit of reading and am enjoying gleaning some valuable information. I am still having a little problem with being able to post. Sometimes I see no reply tag. Is there a place for reading about the forum and such things?

1 Like

Once I put aside most of my outdoor ideas, listened a bit, my indoor greatly improved.

Anyone have any tips on what to see/what to eat in St. Johns.
Heading there for work in a couple hours, going to be there for the next 4 days with afternoons free and evenings.

2 Likes

Fish, fish and shellfish. If your heart is in good health you can try some scrunchions, fried cod cheeks or tongues. The cheeks are delicious. Talk to a local, I’m sure they would invite you in for a nice moose supper.

4 Likes

Seal flipper pie, cod cheeks, see a band at O’Reillys on George Street, hit Quidi Vidi for a beer, take a stroll down Water Street and over to the Battery, Signal Hill

3 Likes

Stuffin , you want stuffin with that ?
You want a stuffin pizza ?
Moose or caribou and don’t forget seatrout or salmon .

1 Like

Be wary fellow Canadians, especially Ontarians.

So my grandfather was a victim of phone fraud.

They called him and talked regularly and built up a rapport, learning family names, etc.

So my grandfather calls me up extremely hostile at me and I’m like “calm down if you wanna talk about something that’s fine but relax.”

So this voice on the phone told him that I me was helping a friend move and there was a small accident but it turns out the truck was loaded with drugs and they need 5k for a cash bond. This bond should be sent fedex and you should tell the person at the counter they are books.

He got the money back after I told him to phone the police.

Keep an eye on your elderly relatives.

PSA from Foreigner.

These phone scams are so bad now that I don’t even answer my phone. I don’t even think to answer it when it rings because it’s a scam anyway.

14 Likes

Many times all they are aiming for is the audio of your voice saying hello so it can be them deepfaked and used in these scams

2 Likes

They use cold reading like a psychic does, they don’t even need to know your name.

4 Likes

Had similar with my gramps a couple years ago. Voice on phone pretended to be a grandchild, my grandpa goes “is this sensibowl?” They said yes then went on to say they hit a kid on a bike, messed them up bad and needed 5k to pay off the kids parents without getting police involved.

I get a hostile call from gramps saying I better own up and that I can’t have 5k.

I was so very confused, at least he called back to tell me off and never payed lmao

6 Likes

I never answer unless I recognize the number. If its someone I know using a different number they can leave a message.

4 Likes

Depending on you carrier suggestion is turn on your call control if your carrier has that feature, its where a person phoning you has to input a 1-9 random number to connect.

Stops auto dialers and people who actually want to connect will put in prompted number to get to you.

3 Likes