The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Beautiful buds my friend💚

2 Likes

Very nicely done!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: everyone! I’m pretty stoked how they’re going.

4 Likes

Oaxaca 107 days flower.

27 Likes

My little tent is pretty packed.

Front left is Tom Hill Mexican. Damn beautiful plant that I am pretty sure is going to herm on me based off of a suspicious preflower. A sister plant next to it is much less impressive, but not bad looking either. Behind that and to the left is the Zacatecas Mexican. Front right is my cutting of the ‘98 AllStar Mexican. Godzilla in the back is “Jack n Doors” haze hybrid which has doubled in size in about two weeks. Last but not least in front and center is stubby, the Zacatecas Mexican male who gets to breed with all these lovely ladies. What a lucky gent. I cut it in half to stop it from dropping pollen too soon. We don’t want to end the show with the male finishing on himself prematurely.

19 Likes

Lookin good, what sort of scents/aromas do you find on the flowers? What’s the stem rum like?

4 Likes

@Papalag @Upstate

Chocolate Oxacan rain …LOL

Four weeks since flip….60 days in Veg.

Really coming on well, structures are secure …and we got some lovely bud sites.

I’m really liking them and it’s great to have the four females for comparison…also and I don’t want to talk to soon…these plants since germ ( if you have been following) it won’t go without noticing how healthy they have been. We like @Upstate and others have been having some big rains…and the choc ox or whatever name they have …have took it n there stride.

Enjoy

P J

25 Likes

5-6 weeks of 12/12, longer for the 20 weekers. Under a regular light cycle it’s age determined and I have no idea.

3 Likes

Nice looking buds on those. Similar to Panama Red, but bigger colas on the Puntas.
@Panamajock you’re definitely doing those plants justice. Looking great! @Papalag I didn’t mean to name them for you, but Chocolate Oaxacan Rain sounded nice. Nice cross!

5 Likes

COR sounds good to me lol

Great name

2 Likes

So it’s a sad day in my house.lol these males have to go. I have culling any plants damn it been nurturing for 5+ weeks. Something to get over I guess.

Peshawar Afghani and an Oaxacan :cry:

13 Likes

Ye I go along with that …great name.

COR it is. Lol

I keep spelling Oxocan or OXAcon wrong …so that’s cool.

P J

3 Likes

Oaxacan lol once you get it once spell check should help. I have the same problem you should hear me trying to say it.

Add @george thanks for Oaxacan they are looking good!

2 Likes

Whahakka…Oaxaca

OAXACAXAN …Almost perfect palindrome

2 Likes

In Spanish that region name is Guajaca bandit|nullxnull, guess still not easy to pronounce for you … frech|nullxnull

6 Likes

Oh no I get you …the double letter parablas…and silent pronunciations of some Spanish places, and phrases through me …I could be here for ever and never be fluent.

Fuck the ex pats here don’t even understand my English…LOL

But I do try

P J

8 Likes

My phone should help you. It refuses to spell it correctly but does it phonetically. Wahaka.

1 Like

@420noob Always a sad day when you have to kill a plant.

2 Likes

I had to murder a couple of males today too. The first males I’ve ever grown that popped out pistils with its flowers. I’m doing a Namkading Landrace run and it looks like this strain really likes to hedge its bets. I only have one plant left that hasn’t shown sex and am hoping it’s a binary male. Otherwise I’ll be creating a female-only IBL.

I ordered STS spray and will start spraying in two days unless that last one shows male by then.

I’ve always pronounced it “Waxaca.” I’m not sure whether that’s right, but I do think it is.