The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

0 anxiety And no rapid heart. It’s one of the few strains I have found that can give an incredible amount of energy without the side effect of the anxiety.
I give it a ten out of ten myself. I’ll have to count how many landraces I’ve grown now, but it has to be close to forty. It’s my favorite with vietnam black being a close second.

11 Likes

i cant really imagine it would be a 10 ot of 10…
The mostz special weed i ever had got a 9.5 Rating. It was so special it changed my whole view how cannbis is, and is so special i dont even report it. THAATS how a 10 of 10 report kinda sounds (or doesent cause i give no details).

Interesting about the anxiety thing. cool.

4 Likes

Have you thought about getting it tested for cannabinoid and terpene profile @Upstate?

2 Likes

Thats not abnormal for Mexican and some SE Asian to have low anxiety effects.
I have few knowledge, but CBG, or THCV might be involved in that.

Dubi said SE Asians have often unusual high CBG in them-

Oh yeah the positive Sides on Oaxacan are the happy side in my imagination, looks very nice sunny happy. a nice relative Rich uquality.

4 Likes

Is this what you are going to send me? Cuz this sounds EXAAAAACTLY like what I need.

4 Likes

I smoked Oaxaca for my wake n bake, no anxiety whatsoever. I have been smoking a couple 40+ years and I have smoked some of those 70s strains. I have smoked some weed that made me feel like everyone was looking at me and how high I was :joy: I kinda liked it. When I smoked this, it gave me the smiley buzz.

10 Likes

Oh god I can’t stand this feeling!

7 Likes

thats also what im after:
no shyness, no anxiety, going outside without thinking a secound, or as close as possible. While beeing high, :grinning:

5 Likes

LOL that was my normal “high” when I was young. Only learned much later that my tolerance is low and I should not rip bongs with the cool kids. :joy:

5 Likes

I tried taking a break a year and a half ago for a week or two, when I fired back up it was an entire week of horrible anxiety! Like nightmare crap to me anyway! But I slowly started feeling it diminished, now it only comes on with those crazy sativas, so much so I’ve been almost scared away from sativas entirely! But as I age I’m finding I need some sativa in my life :weary: so I’m always looking for “the one” going on many years now in fact. Hybrids have been my go to for any kind of sativa experiences the last few years except the roof 95 from @MissinBissin that one actually didn’t make me anxious but made my eyes red AF and I was high for like 3.5-4 hours…. HIGH lol

5 Likes

I’m getting one right now @TopShelfTrees1 even though its Dutch… here on the Cent Amer page.
Being Central America, the Honduras x Panama was decarbed, mixed with 151 Rum in the magic butter machine and cooked for 8hours at 130f

The difference this batch, is that all of that material has been decanted, and will be Cured for a month, before its strained…

If there are any hi-end delights or psychedelic properties, I’m wonderig if they will transfer to the tincture ?

2 friends and one target, we have 3 strains in motion for this batch…
The solids are to be squeezed and then filtered a bunch of times

5 Likes

@George
Nice pictures! I will add Cryptic Labs to the list for sure. Thanks

@ChongoBongo
Yes, so many choices. It’s similar to the Hazes. Which one to pick? What breeder? Who to believe?

@romanoweed
I’m the same way. I over research until my eyes bleed. I have been reading about sativas for a few years. And after a lot of reading I have started buying some Ace packs.

Now there seems to be some lesser known, to me, breeders to learn about. Cryptic Labs, Colorado Sativas, MahaKala, Exotic Alchemy, etc…

Luckily I have my father in law to test my buds on. He has been smoking for over 50 years and has experienced many types of weed. Panama Red, Acapulco gold, Thai stick, etc. And when he was in the army in the late 70’s, he was stationed in Panama for jungle training. He said they had some good weed.

So far I have a pack of Ace Panama, Old timers haze, Zamadelica and golden tiger. I’m going to get his opinions on each to see what reminds him of those old buds. I also have in route some Durban poison, Mango haze, Swazi gold, Angola red and a Thai cross. Should keep me busy for a while.

8 Likes

6 Likes

That’s Great, you are getting somewhere with the IBL

I have heard about stick/stem resin …amazing that you identified that and are saving it!

Yeah, the Oaxaca

Good part is its here and its real

Working mans dope…and when you get an exceptional pheno it brings it all the way back

I was introduced to it by way of dj short Flo

Its motivational high With and edge that cuts thru all other…effective and fun @ same time

When you said OSS my heart dropped a bit…No, he didnt cross with Orange Skunk!
https://zenhousegardens.net/product/orange-skunk-x-orange-skunk-skunk

Old Silver Sides is what you mean…Orange skunk is fantastic, surely it is…but not w/this

Amazing you have this interest in the Cryptic Oaxaca…It is the one I have seen over and over…and people who know better than I do

Along with the Lambsbread and the Vintage Acapulco Golds its made its way to the top of the list…

And really because of the toughness of it and durability it seems to make it a #1

Silverssides must be some other level…Glad someone sees these things and can make the seeds…Really Great!

As many top strains as you can imagine…Marijuana is still def a Mexican connection

4 Likes

Depends on what you consider special. I needed some get up and go. I’m 50 and was addicted to painkillers from 33- 43 years old and a side effect is fatigue, and of course my pain never disappeared, so i needed to forget my pain. Fatigue for me is different than for most i.e. if I can only work hard 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, that’s fatigue for me. Pain level drops and more importantly, is not thought about smoking Oaxaca.
Just Old Silversides is a 10 The other Oaxaca plants I give a solid 8- 8.5

9 Likes

Yes, this one👍

1 Like

You’ll never have to worry about that with seed from me.

I’ve thought about it. When there is an accurate home test I’ll do it.
My guess is 20% thc and some other rare cannabinoids that make it special.
@romanoweed this weed is very happy. The pearl plants more so than the others, but just by a little bit. You really should add Oaxaca to the to do list. Or I have Viet Black X Oaxaca I’d share with you since you found the viet black. It looks promising. Next summer I might get into them. Now that I found my male Oaxaca breeder, it should be epic.

8 Likes

Awesome! Now I’m even more excited! Be nice to have a daytime smoke like that again. Sweet :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

But crazy how its supposed to be this non-anxiety Thing ! Yes its a well known “Region”. So are often the same good vibes in the findings from there.

2 Likes

Green mountain Oaxaca in purple Sat, Mtn Gold, etc is a '79 Oaxaca

This is very old plant hes kept going in seed form since then And needed to be revived

Its now a BX with The Federation Hawaiian sativa

Its multiple a BX which he says that the Hawaiian is very transparent and helps bring out the Oaxaca features

vermontman has the legit buds from what I can gather …They have been BX and then hybridized with baglung nepalese in purple sat, or in mtn Gold its hybrid of Oaxaca crossed to Fed hawaiian sativa

These are hybrids but I do see where powerful Oaxaca phenos can dominate

Its surely genuine Oaxaca genetics in there from 1979

Its a long process … vermontman tells more than most and is doing what he can to save it and really make the practical outdoor sativa

I wish he would bring out an IBL of sorts… of his Oaxaca Gold itself…but he has a right to hold it close

…Its the Mountain Gold that is what seems the closest to what he’s got over there…Amazing big fluff buds

There is also a purple side to the line

5 Likes