The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

@420noob Nice to see they have some resiliency as those appeared to have bounced back nicely. Nice work with them!

4 Likes

@RC_Colas I’m glad you made it! And you will soon find that it’s just like coming home! Welcome Bro :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Put this up in the free clones thread as well, but I am about to trim my ‘93 AllStar Mexican momma. The cuttings are going in the mail, or in the trash. If anyone is interested all you need to do is pay shipping. Nothing wanted in return. US legal states preferred.

Also some more pics. Zacatecas on the left, Haze hybrid on the right. Had to chop the haze in half, it was just too crazy for a small closet grow. Bent it in half, but that wasn’t enough. I had to chop it in half. It has been a long time since I have grown a sativa this pure!

26 Likes

Love the sharing spirit Motaco!

8 Likes

Bro, better never use high nutrients on pure sativas
They hate it. Mainly the Nitrogen

6 Likes

It is a bit of a bitch. Still struggling with it myself. The plant obviously needs N, but it seems like a slow steady form of N, like compost, is preferable and a liquid nutrient diet to supplements the P-K.

5 Likes

This is Hyp’s Zacateca?

2 Likes

Yes, his purple Zacatecas that he shared with me to test grow. My grow is tiny, but nevertheless when people share with me I do my best to actually try to show what I am finding.

10 Likes

Well it looks as healthy as can be. An excellent representation. Well grown!

I appreciate that, I wish more people did.

5 Likes

Too bad I forgot. I just add a little, but adding twice was too much. This time I used a stronger batshit too. Usually it’s 0-5-0, but I used the 0-12-0 and 10-3-1…but just a pinch. It worked good on the plants that didn’t get 2 doses lol.

6 Likes

Nothing worse than someone finding gold in seeds you gave them and then not telling you so you can also find some gold. I don’t get that. Bad memories, I’d hope. If I find great plants I can’t wait to tell the person I got the seeds from.

12 Likes

Just posted these in my thread, but thought y’all might like to see the fast growing Oaxacan that went into the flower tent. Obviously no sign of sex yet, but it is happy and healthy.

19 Likes

Indeed! Was your plan to keep any males or nah?

4 Likes

Weeeeellllll. I said “nah” when I popped these, but now it’s more like “it depends”.
This plant is looking great so far, and if that continues (and if it’s a male), I’ll take cuts and maintain the strongest in veg. I was already planning to take and refrigerate cuttings of the females, so not keeping a clone male of something excellent seems like sacrilege!
Speaking of which: are these fairly easy to clone once flowering? I assume with the prolonged cycle, enough growth hormone remains for an extended period. Input?

5 Likes

Haha yea I can relate to that, I think every grow I’ve done has gone from “no males this round” to “weeellll this one looks really nice though” and then ultimately I have a container of pollen. Kinda easy for me because I can just start the flowering inside and then move it to the greenhouse to finish.

Yes the Oxacan has always cloned quite easily for me. I’ve always used the peat pellets in a humidity dome and generally get roots within 10 days.

11 Likes

Yeah, I just have to have a dedicated plan to run a male for pollen, and I definitely don’t have space rn.
I do however have Oaxacan pollen from a fellow OG, so I’ll be making a handful of seeds to continue having Oaxacan around.

5 Likes

And then there were four…

23 Likes

Easy anytime, but they reveg slow if grabbed really late in flower.

3 Likes

Looking nice!

4 Likes

Is this the Cryptic Oaxaca? You’re going to want more I promise.

5 Likes