The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Uploading: Screenshot_20230802_064146_Gallery.jpg… Uploading: Screenshot_20230802_064205_Gallery.jpg… Uploading: Screenshot_20230802_064156_Gallery.jpg…
#1 3 Sisters putting out resin now. Week 16 I think.

She has plenty of nitrogen but would rather take it from herself I guess.
4/5 more weeks for this one.

20 Likes

I’m gonna smoke this joint of Oaxaca, it’s been in the jar about two weeks. When I take a draw through it unlit, it has a strong strawberry citrusy taste on my tongue and it lingers. I like it.:green_heart:

24 Likes

So how was it? Good I imagine since this was 5 hours ago! Lol

5 Likes

Yes it was very good. I got all my yard work done, and I took down a afghani x (strawberry haze x banana og) but I’m getting ready to light up a cone of northern lights #2 with my afternoon coffee.

15 Likes

Yep that’s the good stuff!

7 Likes

Zacatecas fattening up. Pollinated for repro. Assuming it doesn’t throw nanners and has good resin then I will definitely be revegging this plant. Very impressive so far.

Also pollinated the AllStar Mexi with Zacatecas pollen. Fingers crossed this will be good stuff.

28 Likes

Oaxacan got upped to 3 gal pot

starting to see little preflowers!
Don’t mind my shitkicker shoes lol
The male Oaxacan

21 Likes

Looking good. It’s nice to have a “before” photo. Please show that photo and the results of your Transplant after 2 weeks in the keeping sativas small thread😁.
@Motaco nice looking cola forming. :yum:
I finally smoked Old Silversides at it’s full potential. This year I avoided all heavy plant flattening rains and harvested a prime Silversides. My goodness! @HumblePie420 she’s a solid 8.5 to 9 for even you. I was soaring like an Eagle for a solid hour. Waaay more potent than any other Silversides I harvested. The Red stem Silversides is also great smoke, but it’s not a true Silversides in the potency department. Both were harvested week 16. One at the beginning of the week and the better one at the end of week 16.
The pink stem 3 sisters is nearly ready to come down. She looks like another Silversides progeny I grew last summer. Smell is all pine, and she looks as potent as Old Silversides herself. The other 3 sisters will go 20 weeks. Resin looks thick but is still building. It’s the best yielding of the 3.
The pink stem 3 sisters…

Pics do it no justice.

27 Likes

What’s the scents/aromas/taste like on the best silversides?

3 Likes

Local quality control technician standing by if you ever need some volunteers :grin:

7 Likes

GREETINGSfrom central florida, …
Looking for some Acapulco Gold seeds as well. Want to try some, as well as keep it from becoming extinct. If I breed for seeds, I will give some to others that want to keep it going as well.

5 Likes

Some did a repro on ApG and @JohnnyPotseed has a Swaziland x Acapulco gold cross seeds great price!Johnny Potseed's Hall of Genetics - #2774

8 Likes

Ooooooh I’m getting ready to drop some Acapulco gold. I handled Oaxaca pretty well, now I need another challenge.:wink:

13 Likes

Cedar/pine/incense. “Exhaust” is Frankincense.
@calman1955 @Guitarzan may have a bunch left from his repro.

7 Likes

scooby dance

That cedar/pine/incense/frankincense are like a dog whistle for me.

You lucky dog ^^

12 Likes

Hi all. I recently made an impulse purchase of Santa Marta Gold beans. The description sucked me right in and I was helpless lol. I think this may be what i was smoking on in '94; gold semidense nugs that smelled and tasted like a crazy exotic fruit with a high that produced mild visuals and sound distortion. Anyone have experience growing it?

9 Likes

Update: My other Oaxaca that has been going since December 31st of last year is barely starting to show pre-flowers. Been a super long road just to get here.

With the temps hitting almost 100 everyday, I have to fill the Earthbox with water almost everyday now. That reservoir holds about 2 gallons maybe a little more.

This lady is starting to stretch. She’s been going since December 31st of last year as well. I’ve got cuttings of every one of my Oaxacas including the lone male. It kept flowering even as a cutting until just recently it stopped and reverted to veg. Whew! That dude just wanted to keep flowering!

26 Likes

She has filled out nicely!

Wow that is an impressive amount.

@Cannacryptic Just curious where you purchased those SM seeds from?

5 Likes

Looking good! Great comparison of what the same strain and maybe even the same pheno looks like grown in different size containers.
Should start flowering very soon. Around 12 1/2 daylight hours.

6 Likes

Sounds like a good one. I wasn’t aware of any pure Santa Marta available. I’m curious where you picked these up as well.

4 Likes