The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

@HumblePie420 they are gorgeous!
The shrubby one looks like a bonsai forest…I love it.

6 Likes

You said 8 months? Holy smokes that’s dedication.:green_heart:

7 Likes

@Cannacryptic

Which Colombian Gold ?

strange you mention Colombian gold I wanted to talk about Underground seed collective JGL Colombian gold

And you wonder if the Oaxacan Golds made their way to Colombia? If those morphology or other features ever add up or make sense…?

These JGL and Cryptic releases have been great …

There is much to do with this Oaxaca wheat pheno its can be like that in Colombian gold has wheat phenoes…If you see JGL indoor work even Like RC Colas Copalitas

Its like a snap shot back to the really early stuff…Before Pequot and drugwar

way back…before the scene was a scene…in the early 60s

These may be the originals people wrote stories about…from the mountains of Mexico

10 Likes

no doubt the Cryptic Oaxaca is.

I bet it did. Nearly certain.

10 Likes

Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan cutting is well into her stretch so I up potted a couple of days ago. Hopefully she settles down and concentrates on building her flowers soon. This time I will definitely control any fertilization and only cross to another Oaxacan or Oaxacan dominant variety…other clones are still struggling but probably at least one will survive.

23 Likes

@Upstate did you ever end up growing the Cryptic Guerrero? I’ve been sitting on that one as well, wondering what’s in there.

13 Likes

Very nice. Curious how much quicker it flowers round 2. Mine were 2 weeks faster.

No, I never did. Maybe that should be the next Mexi strain we all get into. I’m sure it’s great smoke.

11 Likes

I wish I knew what cryptic labs reunion haze is. I’m not on IG . So I can’t ask Mystic Funk.

I also got demon latcher . Which I can find info on that one. Just not the reunion haze.

Oaxaca X Purple haze? Maybe

2 Likes

Yeah, we shall see…I didn’t keep very good track of the first one, but I don’t think it was especially long. Anymore, I just grow them until done and don’t bother counting weeks since I always have something going on in various stages.

I have some Cryptic Guerrero too and should grow them out.

7 Likes

He on ICmag too: https://www.icmag.com/members/mystic-funk.458446/

3 Likes

Thanks,I found him, waiting on reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

@lefthandseeds , @Upstate , @TexasTea

Yes, join the fun, never grow alone!

Cryptic Highland Guerrero

21 Likes

I’m thinking Zamal×Haze

6 Likes

Nice timing😁

4 Likes

34 Likes

Love it! Can’t wait to see how they come out.

4 Likes

That plant really has the look man! I love that wheat head pearly thing…what do they call it, finotrigo or something like that? :slight_smile:

What kind of aromas are you getting? Must be perfumey? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I planned on documenting the whole way, but only posting up near the end. Juuuust in case. Couldn’t help it though. :grin:

6 Likes

Well either way, I’d love to know how they come out. I bought those a few years back and I’ve had them in the back of my mind since. The Oaxacan have been so popular, it makes me think there’s some great stuff with that strain too.

8 Likes

I don’t know what it’s called, but it sure is Purdy! Some stems have nicer, fuller buds, and others have the finotrigo/ wheat thing going on.
Smells are pine/ cedar when smelling it and pine on fingers when fondling. Incense smell to the smoke and the taste is pine/incense. It’s getting the chop any day now.

5 Likes