The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Dang! Somebody could poke an eye out with those spears!

3 Likes

@Motaco looks like you got yourself Abbot and Costello plants lol. I like that Zacatecas in particular. No veg on that one?
@Kasper0909 the Pco is looking sexy. Happy to see one fully formed. How’s the smell? How much longer?
@RC_Colas very nice. @GREANDAL and I did a Oaxaca/Manipur run (last?)summer with rsc Manipur and east Manipur from ILE, but nothing has been grown out yet. Looks really nice.

6 Likes

Very little veg time. 3 weeks maybe.

2 Likes

This plant looks so tasty I want to eat it like candy. :joy:

12 Likes

Oaxacan Gold from @Upstate at 2+ weeks on 12/12, 1+ week, and 3 days for the little ones.

Again, yes, there is a tiny Oaxacan in a 3 gallon. Because I wanted to.

19 Likes

Looking good :+1: Won’t be tiny for long!

6 Likes

Can someone point me into the right direction of Maui Wowie. Just a new grower here trying to find that or maybe something super close.

3 Likes

10 Likes

I spent quite a bit of time a couple of years back trying to find a genuine Maui Wowie. I even have several grower friends in HI and I begged shamelessly. From what I was able to glean, most people there are growing heavily hybridized indicas now unfortunately, and the weed known as Maui Wowie from the 70’s and 80’s is probably long gone…Nirvana had a pretty nice offering a few years ago but it wasn’t the real deal as far as I could tell. Of course, now those poor folks have had a big part of their island burn down so even more likely the original stuff is gone. Anyway, I was told that sativas on HI are not as common these days too because of the eradication pressure, so squattier and faster flowering plants are favored. Same story everywhere I guess.

11 Likes

The Exotic Alchemy Hawaiian might be Maui wowie…

8 Likes

I’m very aware that this might be a mistake. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

5 Likes

Looking forward to the show😁

4 Likes

@Upstate y @Papalag

Oxacan x chocolate rain.

Jus got back…Al well at ten week
in flower.

Gee it’s great to be back home.

Here’s a teaser…Will update on Sunday.

P J

27 Likes

Oh, I bet you are.

2 Likes

One smells piney like with a bit of rosemary to it. The lighter colored one is like a sweet pine smell. They are at 4 weeks of flower.

3 Likes

haha calculated chaos, the best kind.

5 Likes

6 Likes

There was heavy prohibition against cannabis… Against many things actually. Indigenous and african admixture erasure, land re appropriation. Many people massacred. It is a lot of bad stuff. Though El Salvador was and is home to some of the most resistant peoples to Spanish colonization. The country is all volcanoes so the soil is really good.

Here are some books on the history … also The Massacre at El Mozote but that’s really depressing to start with.

12 Likes

Yeah. I passed through some villages that had been destroyed through contra fighting.

1 Like

I think a Honduran or Guatemalan would be similar. Bodhi says a Guatemalan he had one time was his favorite sativa ever.

6 Likes