The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Yes similarly in Guatemala. And Honduras too but I was only there for a very short time.

I’ve got some of the stuff in crosses.

1 Like

Nice to come back to that! :+1:

4 Likes

Sure is Amigo

The Chicas are iooking great.

P J

20 Likes

Beautiful work my friend

3 Likes

…That was what came to mind to try…but also Nirvana aka Sativa Seeds have their Hawaii “Maui Waui” which may or may not be the one but heard good things about it

I think Federation Hawaiian Sativa is good one

The “Spice” strain by Mr Nice is Hawaiian sativa x Hawaiian indica

The Hawaiian Indica is an amazing strain in its self really is good…crossed to federation hawaiian

Green Mountain seeds has Green Mountain Gold…Oaxaca gold x hawaiian sativa (federation)

Exotic Alchemy not a bad place to start
https://cltvrs.com/product-category/breeders/exotic-alchemy/

4 Likes

This is considered to be a Hawaiian and its rare…until recently

doc-D reproduction of the Dutch Flowers “LemonThai”

https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/product/doc-d-magic-spirit-seed-co-lemon-thai-f5-reproduction-11-seeds/

Always hear raves about the greenhouse strain “Hawaiian snow”…Hawaiian x Laos

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Federation Hawaiian Sativa! I have some seeds of that one that I have not tried yet, but I did grow Green Mountain Gold which was excellent, and worth growing again…I grew Mr Nice Spice last winter and smoked it this past spring. Not a lot of yield but a pleasant smoke. I would say Mountain Gold was the best of the lot comparing those two and the Nirvana Maui Wowie.

9 Likes

Great, yeah I think he put a lot of care into BX the Oaxaca to the fed Hawaiian sativa to bring the health back the Oaxacan Gold line Then cross direct to the Hawaiian to make Mountain Gold bound to see some decent results

There was a Maui Wowie I was able to smoke and get…It was the weed they kept in a cabinet away from the rest.

Anyway , it was tropical fruit and really nice happy high, motivational but good happy weed It was a tropical sweet flavor … very distinctive

And if they hadnt taken it off the table and put it in that cabinet…I would have never got to try it or ever get any more because it would just be gone

Some stuff is so popular once people figure it out its good…Its just gone before you even see it

Yeah, that Mountain Gold might be the most stable version of his Oaxaca

It’s a good One…I have done my best to encourage him to keep making that one!!!

If you cant find @ mandala

North Atlantic Sede Co. also sells ACE seeds > who carries Green Mountain but they only have Green Mountain Grape and Purple Satellite ATM

https://northatlanticseed.com/product-category/seeds/ace-seeds/

^^^Inside USA seeds company

9 Likes

Hawaiianskunk-seedsman , its the same Lineage as The real Mc coy - Flying dutchman…

I find the neon-green is pretty special…
One guy i know once sent a old Hawaiian Line to Phlyos and he sait it showed no relatives.
His line aswell had a special green , his was kinda an aloevera/cactus green and also the shape reminded me of cactus. So i see a “Pattern” emerging between his and this…

Im wondering if this color/shape are Traits of Hawaiian Landrace, if it even existed.

alltho Mexican has similar shades so…

12 Likes

A random Pic from the net labelled “black hawaiian” but no acess to it.

6 Likes

Good Gear is a legit source for the Molokai Frost

https://strainly.io/en/listings/394717-molokai-frost

4 Likes

The Freakers ran Molokai for seed, but I don’t know if anyone tried it seedless. A good bit of my stash was lost in the mail enroute to Hawaii for reproduction unfortunately.
It does sound like Hawaii likely had its own landraces. I have family in Maui, but they haven’t come across the old Hawaiian Pakalolo

7 Likes

Thanks Paps

It’s a pleasure to grow them…we have come a long way since I won the seeds on the Xmas comp.

There just been solid since the day they germed….

Since I left four weeks ago…the rains ( wet season) have been heavy with through the scale humidity. and like most Sativas …no problem with bud rot…tough as nails.

Ye got to say so far…That is a lovely cross…the Oxacan x chocolate rain.

You and upstate must be very happy with the outcome. I certainly are.

P J

19 Likes

Great photo! That one looks knarly! You’ll be in for a treat with this smoke for sure. What smells are you getting? How many more weeks are you thinking for these?
I’m happy you had a nice family visit and that you got home safely to healthy plants. :grin:

6 Likes

I will give you a better update manana.

Ye I had a great time seeing the grandkids etc
Still pretty jet lagged .

I got tons of washing , house is a tip.

So update tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words.

P J

13 Likes

Cherry Bomb (aka Maui Wowie) from Mr Greengenes is legitimate and available in the community, as well as commercial from Swami seeds I believe.

Saludos

RC_Colas

9 Likes

Cool, I have heard of it but I didn’t know that Cherry Bomb was Maui Wowie. You guys are such a great resource of info and cannabis history. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He’s making more of the Mountain Gold seeds this year I believe…super nice guy and very interesting lines that he has. :wink:

7 Likes

Have any of y’all grown out Coastal’s Oaxacan Columbian??

It sounded good so I grabbed a pack of those, and I also have a pack of Zipolite Oaxacan from Bodhi that I will probably pop along the coastal pack as space allows just for a little bit of comparison between different Oaxacan lines, and I can even go crazy add in a few Oaxacan x Peshawar seeds that Upstate so generously shared with me.

Now I just need to get a version or two of Panama Red I hope before too long, as I have a couple Panama crosses by bodhi, but they are very much hybrids with plenty of other things thrown in the mix, so I’d love to see a more pure Panama line in my garden then later on I’ll grow out a couple of those Panama crosses to see if I can recognize traits of the Panama coming through.

Looks like I need to pop some beans that will put a pep in my step so to speak, just difficult choosing what to grow at times when I have so many physical issues I often dedicate a lot of my time and space to heavy indica leaning hybrids but I can’t ever discredit the genuine magic of the effects of landrace sativa strains.

Just thinking out loud a bit lol sorry for rambling guys.

Everyone have a nice and easy Sunday morning, hopefully you guys have a joint or a bowl of some a landrace Sativa to get your day started like I wish I had :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I have 3 of the Lemon Thai ix growing outside that @santero made. I made a few extra seeds last year and I’m checking them out.

They start flower early and finish early. The descripton of DocD’s is almost identical to what I’ve found/or finding. I’m looking forward to the sensimilla this year. I may try to dust a few buds of the LT with pollen I collected last year to make the seeds. I’d like to see if it’s still viable.

These plants have been in flower for three weeks already, outside. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s already getting it’s terps on. It has a nice aroma and reminds me of old Hawaiian I smoked on Oahu in 1976 or 1977.

21 Likes