The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Damn I’d like to volunteer to run the whole pack and pollinate the whole enchilada

10 Likes

Shit, I’m always in.

OK, had to go back and read what we were doing. :slight_smile: So, you’ve already made the buy, and it’s $15? Paypal work?

Let me know, and thanks for the tag. :v:
:guitar:

12 Likes

I’m always in my man. Thanks @Upstate

5 Likes

I’m in if you have room

5 Likes

Of course there would be a play by play broadcasting of the whole thing.:+1:t2:

6 Likes

Count me in on the GB!

6 Likes

Landraces move all over now that isolated places aren’t quite as Isolated. The best Landraces get moved about in India quite frequently now. Let’s hope that’s the case in Colombia too.
The guy specifically hunted Santa Marta for 6 years. Let’s hope he knew what he was looking for.

7 Likes

@Piter, @Weednerd.Anthony, @Greenfingers, @Guitarzan, @YoBigdaddy, @HumblePie420, @Uprangewilly, @Smooth @Cbizzle, @GMan, @Panamajock, @HeadyBearAdventures, @420noob, @Sbeanonnamellow, @GREANDAL, @deeez99, @royal, @Cannabi5, @Tejas and I make # 20. Who can set up a group thread for paypal info? @YoBigdaddy why am I not surprised you volunteered?:grin: @Greenfingers thanks for volunteering…let’s see what YoBigdaddy’s schedule is and go from there.
Thanks everyone. That went quickly!

22 Likes

I’m good with whatever you all decide.:+1:t2:

11 Likes

I just scored the last 5 pack as a backup. Thinking about growing this one side by side with a few other SMCG that I’ve collected over the years. Does anyone know if the one from BSC is legit? I’ll probably do the Corinto’s at the same time.

6 Likes

@Upstate

I would ask the Koby people what their best grow tips are…

You may want to check out red rider He moved to and is licence grower in Colombia now

Its Also available here
https://www.seedcanary.com/product/santa-marta-columbian-gold/

6 Likes

Love to hear more of the story from Koby’s organics if you find out anything!

Description from seed canary…

There are just a few packs left of the Santa Marta Columbian Gold seeds we grew on the forum. These are sourced directly from the Nasa Indigenous of One Love Columbia. It took over six years to get these out of Columbia as this strain is well guarded by the guerrillas deep in the jungle. The Nasa are able to move throughout Columbia easier than most, but it still took six years to do. No seedbanks or seed dealers involved. These are the real deal. Get them while you can. Read the growing directions in the forum at the top of the page. These are very large plants and need topped several times if grown indoors. Also using the ” wild grow ” method will help tremendously.

10 Likes

https://www.seedcanary.com/forum/topic/columbian-gold-kobys-organics/

There’s a nice grow report on the seed canary forum

8 Likes

Not trying to stir the pot but did anyone just ask @eskobar if he has old seeds he would be willing to part with to have someone run a repro run with???

Pretty sure he had a 3 way cross called Boudica that was lovely. Think it was Santa Marta and 2 other things…

Either way, great to see 20 of you doing great work like this to keep things alive. Keep up the good fight!

7 Likes

Koby quote on Colombian Gold:

“My search led me to be able to get my hands on something really special. Through these contacts and straight from the jungles of Cauca Columbia, we were able to source ten Santa Marta Columbian Gold seeds, and 10 Columbian Black seeds.”
https://www.seedcanary.com/forum/topic/columbian-gold-kobys-organics/

That makes me wonder how they are only starting with 10 seeds?

How is that possible…If you know the source?

Lieutenant Colombo in me says I’ll have sniff around that one bit more

After a bowl of chili

There have been a few SMCG drops lately… reeferman’s

These things I stumble across but you guys know right where to find them!

7 Likes

How about this one?

4 Likes

One more thing…

If these are the treasure they claim then why the rush to market?

They did their first harvest ever of these July 9th…And seeds are out for sale now

I like to gamble too…the price of seeds really last thing to worry about…the cost of investment of time and labor

It Looks good…I just need another bowl of chili

4 Likes

Can’t leave you people alone for half a day without you getting into another group buy, eh? :grin:

9 Likes

It is Santa Marta Columbian Gold after all, who wouldn’t want some of those?:green_heart:

6 Likes

Woah… I’ve been looking for something similar. I’ve been on a mad search of MWCB 79. Is this something similar you’d say ?

Please point me in the right direction

1 Like