The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

the strain’s the strain, of cuorse, but that image is labeled thai stick …

1 Like

I’m down if there’s still room

4 Likes

[quote=“herbgreen, post:2694, topic:99881”]
How is that possible…If you know the sourc
Maybe that’s all they could get, Or perhaps someone was afraid to mail more seeds It’s a pity I didn’t see that other site. They were charging half price compared to the other one…
I guess sixteen bucks each he isn’t any grounds for complaining😁.

6 Likes

i can just give you the adress where to ask for cherrybomb pure, and it costs about 50 to 100 i recall

5 Likes

I think we got it under control. Plenty of experience with these types already…low nutrition, small containers to control the stretch.

Probably trying to recover the cost of their electric bill😁

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that either
@Kushking902 This one is already filled up unfortunately. I’m sure there will be another one soon

2 Likes

I’ve got 3 of the Mountain Gold Seeds left and you’ve just moved them back into the 2024 rotation @TexasTea!

Thanks for that… its been a few years since I’ve seen that Big Xmas tree

5 Likes

Sounds good man, if you think of me next time it happens could you tag me in case I don’t see it in time?

2 Likes

@Upstate

Have you spoken to our Colombian aficionado on the other site? I can’t think of a single person I would trust to have real Santa Marta Gold other than him, and he would probably give it to you free. He already set me up with enough Punto Rojo that I sent the lions share to two others OG’s here.

I wish I would have seen your post earlier. I am having lunch with him today and he specifically asked if there was anything I wanted him to bring. I will ask him at lunch what his best Colombian Gold is.

Cool thing about him is he was actually there. Smoking luxury grades of Colombian in New York during the 70’s. The sad truth is so few of us were actually there, that despite whatever quality of weed we grow, we are still ignorant of if it is any sort of legit representation of that era or geographic location.

24 Likes

If you can get something from him I’ll run it for our group. I don’t really know him to ask. I haven’t been on the other site since planting time. Soon.

13 Likes

That was one of his best I think. I’m glad I still have a pack…I also have three Purple Satellites going right now and it looks like one has sexed early and is male. That would be great as I would like to cross it to Upstate’s Oaxacan and see if we can tighten up the flower time. And, I have two clones of the UO that are starting to get some growth finally, so the timing should work out nice. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Great timing, or Luck however you look at it @TexasTea, I love it that your seeing “Pollen and a Plan”

3 Likes

I had plenty of the Colombian Gold and Colombian Red in the early 70’s and it was really good. After only having Mexi brick weed to smoke previously, it was so good. Mexi was $10-15 an ounce, and when CG and Red came it went for $25 an ounce.

I liked the Red best but both were really good. The gold was gold as hell, from sun drying and the red was a deep choco red that almost seemed like it was cured to get a completely different smoke than the Gold. It always had a touch of a choco nuance to me. Both were fairly strong.

We sure had a lot of memories from those two. We were teenagers and had contacts with some older guys who were doing some pretty heavy smuggling of reefer. We would be given 50lb. bags of burlap full of both. I was in the right place at the right time. Some of the same crew were bringing the Thai Sticks in a few years later. Great memories!

Hey @Islayhearts, try to remind me and I’ll be glad to share some beans when we get them. Gonna be a while but I’ll be glad to share. :wink: :v:

19 Likes

Those were the days, the gold and red bud were favorites. I always say if I knew now what I didn’t then. The seeds I just tossed out the window in the 70s.

6 Likes

Are you me?!? I also had three P.S. going this season, had an early sexing male (dropping pollen by july 14) and had the same idea with flowering times only I spilled water on my pollen and FUBAR’d it :sweat_smile: Crossing it to upstate’s oaxacan would be killer since it’s already half oaxacan to begin with :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

@Green_Light Had sent me a message requesting to join in the group purchase Very early on and I missed it. Let’s make this CG purchase a 21 person buy to let him in. Sorry about that.

8 Likes

I’ll take it. At first I thought u were being sarcastic haha

1 Like

Gotta love the country. I pulled off the side of the road for a lunch break and to have a little smoke and I was a bit startled when I sensed something out my window. This is what was staring in.

28 Likes

Hey, man this will be great…Im sure if those are the plants

You did pretty good…It will be great

Red Flags

You see them…I see them…And you found a way to blast thru to the other side and get em anyway!

I do the exact same thing…

I bet you would feel better if you could talk to ‘koby’

Another way to look @ it is…its 15$…That’s easy enough

Hey, its a lotto ticket I would be right next to you with my money…just not ATM for me

Its good…Its the right thing to do…Theres a few of these types of things…The price Whats behind that price…Maybe it is only a few packs

Things like this Its tactics, pressure, one time only, there’s only one left!, step right up…And its only a dollar!

They have another pack added @ the Canary…here’s your chance to double down man, (start with more plants than they did)

What else are we doin’ here anyway…Overgrow this shit!!!

2 Likes

Also, you are shopping somewhere Legit… I think we can all agree about that one

They are there for good reason …Live the Adventure!

1 Like