The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Anyone know more about these or anyone who grew them?

2 Likes

This is Double Jam F2 sold as jamaican spirit by Magic Herbs
What I think is they purposedly or not I dont know, maybe they were too stoned and unadvertedly mixed this Panama 74 in the Double jam making
I saw comments on instagram of the people holding this cut in Europe and they said it has no high, same as this beautiful plant, it had no high but made very good hash, similar to Nepali/himalayan weed. Buds have no high but the charas/hash is very good and uplifting

13 Likes

Hi there herbgreen
DJ seems to be describing bud he sourced in Oregon
Colombian weed left Colombia in brick form. It is very possible that us dealers invent too many stories about the weed they sell and DJ naively believed the bud he got probably Cali grown is from Colombia
The first batches arrived to Usa mid 70s

According to historian study from NY university, Colombian Gold was grown in La Guajira, not from the colombian valleys near the equator. From those valleys came Punto Rojo

The release from USC has nothing to do with the weed of the Bonanza Marimbera

Their CG72 came from Usa, probably California,by somebody whose nick was cripplecrow, the info was in the old cannabiogen forum

Their CG80 was released through Coljam and is an indica sourced from Luiz BSC.

300u$s is 2 months salary for a MacDonalds worker in Colombia
This is what is grown in Cauca in 2018 from Colombian TV

Do you honestly think you will find today the real weed of the 80s?

1 Like

I purely curiosity question how can the buds have good hash but not get you high? Not trying to be a smart ass just really curious. Thanks

1 Like

Himalayan weed is like this. Have no high and makes great charas.
Why I dont know

What I grew LEB 27 is the same. Sativa smells, no high. Thats why they make it hash.
Why would you make hash, bud that has a high?
They take all the work to make hash/charas because the buds dont hit. I think Moroccan weed is same type. No high and makes good hash

I would add something from colombian gold DJ description. He focuses on the smell
Do you guys get high from the smells? I never cared for the smells in my life, I only cared for the high
It seems DJ gets more high/hype from the smells than from the high of the bud

I dont find any pattern relating smell with the quality of high, but it seems breeders focus more on smells than high

2 Likes

Here he’s talking about the seeds shattering…a good sign.

All I needed to see was the pictures. I’m no expert on what Santa Marta looked like, but I can spot a Sativa, no problem.

Flowering time is too short for a pure Oaxaca. Really short.

10 Likes

Smart man.:wink:

3 Likes

It has good effects but low potency. Potency is typically only strong enough in concentrated form…like charas, which is why they make it.
There are potent plants to be found in hash lines, but you need to hunt to find them. Up to 11% thc for a keeper plant, about the same as the upper end of thc % for other landraces held in high regard as ganja strains. The difference with Himalayan and other South Asian cannabis being the cbd that occurs as often as thc. Hard to find a pure thc plant, and equally difficult to find a pure thc plant with high thc%.

Terpenes work synergistically( Haven’t used that word in a while) with other cannabinoids to impact a high. More terpenes= stronger high, better flavor ime. Terpenes like Pinene magnify the effects of thc by helping thc more readily absorb into your bloodstream. Usually the plants that smell the best to my nose are the most potent.
I don’t get high from the smell, but a good whiff does get my mouth watering😁

13 Likes

I’m also in; room permitting :blush:

That oaxacan gold hue is beautiful. Nice trich coverage too!

6 Likes

i heard that Terpenes do affect mostly the limbic System in our Brain.
If thats true then that means that terpens do have an effect.
Atleast i find that the Lymbic system wich is known to make us either Alert, ready for flight / or on the other Hand calm and feeling save, that this can be regarded as Effect.

Its just not a psychoctive effect where you have altered senesations that substentialy differ from normal reality.

So, regarding cannbis, if a certain strain would induce stress to a degree, or anxiety, Terpenes would limit such negative effects. So…
Its just rahter the Creme de a creme on top, rather than the substential difference i woud say… Atleast I think that the anxietyfree Strains im after would be quiet anxietyfree even without the terpenes (infact when i make edibles in cacao-butter, then i dont get much cannabis-terpenes, and doing so, with my renowned lowanxiety vietnam strains i dont feel like im missing much. But actualy i have no comparison as i basicaly only do edibes these days…

9 Likes

The 20 slots filled in hours. You’re the 3rd person that slipped thru the cracks. Let me see what we can do…

In most cases, probably. more terpenes = more resin= more terpenes. I’m not sure if the keeper plants actually smell more because of s higher terpene concentration per resin gland, or just that they have more resin.

6 Likes

Can you recommend a read about terpene effects in cannabis?

2 Likes

i just love good smeling weed, but not in a stupid way like “i just want that bagappeal”. Good smell often matches with good effects. HOWEVER i have quiet a mature taste i would say…
i dont fall for stinky weed and such… i love decadent weed, lol

i realy cant say anything about phenos. But i once had a strain that was selected so hard thowards smel, that the effect was the most bland i ever had basically… The smell was veeeery irrestible. but it was more of a “fake good quality” as a “truely decadent quality”. Today i know better.

3 Likes

So, what im saying: you shouldnt select JUST for smell… the other traits wil dissapear easily.
Im pretty shure thats why the effect of this strain was so bland.

That strain smelled of Pineapple, but synthetic kinda… Synthetic Jungle pineapple. very special, smell…

2 Likes

If MWCB79 means Maui Wowie Cherry Bomb 79 then that is just pure Cherry Bomb from Mr. Greengenes that is available through Swami and community members.

Saludos

RC_Colas

9 Likes

I actually think I saw a chart on the greenhouse seeds website Or maybe it was a high time’s article years ago. There was a big pie chart telling what smell translated to, as far as terpenes go, and also telling the effect, but more information is out now. I don’t recall reading anything specific, aside from pinene and myrcene…Just little tidbits I find out here and there reading people’s comments on instagram.

1 Like

No you Wouldn’t want to select on smell alone, but personally I won’t use anything if it doesn’t stink😁.

3 Likes

There is a local 3 leaf strain in the area called pigeon toe. Same thing, it reeks to high heaven, but little effects

thas good if you preffere stinky nuances, all good! I just said it out my perspective

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to have the nasty smell…just some kind of smell.

2 Likes