The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Hey Motaco brother, I’d enjoy that. I’ll shoot you a message. peace

1 Like

@deeez99 & @Upstate , thank you both so very much!

:bowing_man:

It’s -STUPID and is only getting colder so I appreciate the warmth in the mailbox :hugs: .

26 Likes

Hola. :slight_smile: If you sent me an addy for Acapulco Gold seeds, they’re in the mail. :slight_smile:

There were 4 females in the seeds run, so everyone got a 10 pack from each plant. Plants 1 & 3 were the chunky phenos, 5 & 8 were the jungle phenos.

Be aware!! Snowhigh told me that these plants are real sensitive, and he wasn’t kidding. :confounded: I’ve given up on trying to flower out the #5 & #8 plants indoors, because they’ll herm if they’re unhappy.

I don’t think it’s the plant’s fault, I just don’t have a lot of experience with these kinds of strains.

I also tossed in a 10 pack of Swazipulco Gold. I had some Swazi plants going when I did the ApG run, and I hit 4 of them with ApG pollen. :slight_smile:

I hope everyone enjoys growing them. :v:
:guitar:

25 Likes

@deeez99 are you taking trades for those jewels you sent @Pigeonman ? Thanks
Hapi

5 Likes

Wow, thank you brother. I have to find something really nice for you. Hit me up anytime. peace, Gman :v:

5 Likes

That’s incredibly generous! I literally had to wipe the drool off of my chin. :yum:

7 Likes

I wonder what’s making those girls so fussy?I go back and forth to cannabase.org a lot these days .I like to go through all OldTimer1’s posts on the forums.I could listen to his old stuff for days on days .He talks about how his ESB was really fussy to certain types of blue lighting and was prone to toss shit tons of herms.Do you think the #5 and #8 just don’t like something in the spectrum that’s being used and they throw a shit fit and Herms or something really written in that plants genetics to just herm in that environment?

6 Likes

The thing that I couldn’t figure was, why I had no trouble with herms on the seed run. Well, after thinking about it a little more, I tripped to it. :woozy_face: All the seed run plants were grown in @YoBigdaddy’s Sativa Dirt. I used recycled soil from last year for this last grow, and it was too hot for them.

I still have cuttings of the #1 & #3 plants. I haven’t really tried to take those to full flower because I was dicking around with those other 2. :slight_smile: I’m gonna try 1 & 3 outside this year. They start flowering a lot faster than 5 & 8, and I don’t think they’ll go as long either.

I was able to find a few semi-decent pictures of the females during the seed run. The seeds were dropped on 3/11/22, and these pictures were taken on 6/27.

You don’t see any red in the stem on that plant, but once it hits 6–8 weeks in flower, the stems start turning a slight red, that keeps getting darker as the plant flowers. It stems up being as dark as the males. :slight_smile:

Here’s a clone of 5 that you can see the color in.

I even found an only slightly crappy picture of the male. :upside_down_face:

You can see the red stem on him.

Well, there you have it, a Guitarzan insta-log. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

EDIT: If you sent me your addy, don’t forget to delete it.

32 Likes

Many thanks!!! :green_heart:
I will await for it impaciently!!!

Happy growings!!!

6 Likes

Great work my friend. Beautiful plants and the first pics I’ve seen of them.
Def soil too strong will make hermies.
Too much N will make hermies
Switching one light to a different light can make hermies.
Sometimes i think they do it just because they can lol.
Seeded they have no need to hermie. They will hermie to make seeds only if they have to.

19 Likes

Thanks so much for this added love to start up 2023 @Guitarzan :v:

6 Likes

Glad to see they finally made it, Canapost comes through…eventually! I thought for sure that some mail carrier was going to have a nice summer grow lined up haha.

@Guitarzan lovely looking plants there, love them thin leaves. I presume there wasn’t much that you’d want to smoke from a seed run but were there any strong aromas?

4 Likes

I swear that Oaxacan Male I got from you is like one of those goats you keep in a Trailer with a Horse on travel so they don’t go bananas on trip.The ladies around him never herm it’s like they can smell him in the air or something and go ok there’s a dude here let’s not pop bananas we good.Some of the stuff I had that was prone to it has been clean as a whistle since he was placed in there I have it marked on my fertilizer calendar and I was able to go back and check it out

17 Likes

Thank you so much for your generosity @Guitarzan , surely good karma is accumulating in spades for you! Those narrow leaf varieties are something special.

What was the flowering time like on the Swazi?

8 Likes

That’s really interesting. I would never have thought of that, but it makes tons of sense to me. Plus your observations obviously.

Makes me think of the idea of planting multiple plants per pot to ensure at least one male and one female.

4 Likes

Lol. Maybe the ladies are afraid of him. Perhaps he is too long…flowering that is😁
In all seriousness I’m sure the females sense his presence. Nice observation.

9 Likes

Let me guess, deep notes of Hai Karate… :martial_arts_uniform:

2 Likes

Ye here is a pic of the chunky wide Pheno…around seven weeks in flower.

Regards

P J

25 Likes

First two of @Tejas , s POC to come out of veg, showing signs of desperation to flower …fingers crossed for two girls LOL

Ps …I’m thinking bigger pots ?
Regards

P J

15 Likes

How many weeks have you vegged? They look great.

3 Likes