The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

52 days from germ.

I will keep the other two for an other week or two in Veg…( I had them to near the light…Pissed about that…but down to me,
so they need a wee recovery)
.those two were desperate to flower…prob males Lol.

strong text

16 Likes

I ran mine for 60 days and at that point they showed sex.

4 Likes

Ye we are on course…stable plants…I’m sure another week the other two will be just over 60 days…they are recovering well.

Thanks again.

P J

4 Likes

The Colombian is curing well.

Bit wispi…maybe went late…I don’t know…but it’s a sound Buzz and sure be better once cured.

Joys of growing

P J

33 Likes

I was thinking more of a rustic tequila swilling Mariachi but that could work as well.My Dude rocks a Sombrero

2 Likes
4 Likes

And the US remake

5 Likes

Saw this on IFC when I was about 12.

The Oaxaca runt is no longer the runt of the group. Now all 4 are kinda the same size. Getting a little yellowing on the bottom leaves but I’m not worried.

14 Likes

Mine stayed fairly bright green/yellowish. They pretty much stayed that way.

5 Likes

Thanks @GMan now I won’t try to chase down a solution and just let 'em ride.

4 Likes

Upon my master taught me teacher|nullxnull sativas have light green when excess feeding, on the contrary of the rest … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

Sativas tend to lighten up very quickly if you give them nutrients they don’t like, or don’t need

10 Likes

Must be the soil since I have not given them any fertilizer at all. Its a mix of Ocean Forest and Happy Frog with worm compost mixed in.

4 Likes

Guess is too hot for them :sweat:, I was told to put 50% garden soil and also adding perlite, and mine was not prefertilized, so perhaps 3/4 garden soil and rest supersoil and perlite would work better, you can try that on next transplant … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

For sure, this is my first ever pure sativa so thanks so much for the guidance @George

5 Likes

Oh, that looks great!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fox Farm soils are generally a little hot in some respects, and a little deficient in others. I’ve burned seedlings of vigorous polyhybrids in FFOF, so I’ll echo George here and say the soil is probably just a bit much for landrace strains.

6 Likes

Duly noted friends. I’ll actually try using some plain old garden soil like many have mentioned. Just mixing it with some perlite or maybe some used soil from a previous grow I’ve got laying around in fabric pots outside?

6 Likes

Yes yes this film is such a treasure.One of my favorites

3 Likes

After looking at them more, they actually look a tad hungry. All of the new growth is green and only the bottom leaves are yellowing. I’d say that’s showing it’s a little hungry. Especially if you haven’t been feeding them.

They look to be around a month old, maybe a few weeks? They’re pretty robust plants and I never had any problems with over feeding. I’d say they just need a new pot soon and a good feeding with some microbes.

Are these from @Upstate, via Cryptic Labs? Mine were bomb proof. Harsh summer temps, and going long periods with no water or food. I broke my leg at the end of August, just about the time they started to flower. They were very slow to get started. They only started after the light hours were right at 12/12. It was really strange to me. Plus I had to bring them inside at one point, but then I got put back in the hospital for a week and they didn’t get fed or watered. One dried on the vine, and the others survived okay. The one that dried vine smoked so nice, as it held a lot of greasiness. Hard to hurt them, really.

10 Likes