The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

This is what I was thinking. They have already been shaped by the local climate. They are already cold resistant, finish early, handle fall rains, and are used to the pests in the area. My guess is that anything acclimated to the upper Midwest will finish in a wide variety of challenging temperate climates.

7 Likes

Damn. Condolences. Our animals are family.

2 Likes

That may very well be the closest thing to old Panama Red left today.

4 Likes

Once Xmas holidays are over…come down and we can go see what we can find…

You got to get into the Amistad Nat Park from the Costa Rica side…then with the help of locals and indigenous Indians …maybe get lucky.

P J

7 Likes

Nice substantially, good ole 70,2 hippie runs…thanks so much @mexcurandero420
Oldschoolshippie from a captain of a tranportshipments ,mex gold ,panama Red wowee …all them history thanks for Sharing Growers…
Overgrow The World wLandrace ,substantially…
Feed the Soil not plants organics…

6 Likes

Cut my Oaxacan clone yesterday! Here’s pics of my sop Oaxacan really starting to add trics and calyxes are getting a purplish hue.

Definitely gonna have (Oaxacan x red snake) x Oaxacan seeds! How many though?

28 Likes

Now that is a cross I would love to get down and dirty with:). Looks great, keep up all the hard work

4 Likes

I kept some seeds from the Cordillera de Tilarán mountain range up North. But they were from brick, so it probably traveled from farther away.

6 Likes

Did you grow them?

I been to Volcan Aranel, Fortuna was a nice chilled out town.

Nice to watch the Volcano at night. Worth a visit… But very touristy.

P J

6 Likes

We stopped there (we were tourists :joy:), but then we went up to Monteverde after that, which is where we got the brick. I haven’t grown it, but I have maybe 10-12 seeds I might sprout some day. See what it was like before it got obliterated :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Costa Rica is a beautiful country…but has become so expensive to live there, especially on the quanacaste beaches. Real estate is through the roof.

But I used to blow my head off there and Nicaragua as well about 18 years ago.

I settled for retirement in Panama…near the Costa Rica Border…so I hop over occasionally.

South CR, (Uvita and Dominical the Caribbean coast ( Limon Cahuita) , quanacaste and you will always find quality weed…

Anyway just sayin Amigo
if your ever back in Central America again…come visit Bienviendos……pura vida

P J

13 Likes

I usually veg Sativas or Sativa learners at least 50 days…some 60.
I veg indoors then out to the greenhouse .

A lot depends on the hieght in vey room.

All I’m saying is if you have room outside or greenhouse works for long vegging and established plants.

I’m sorry to here you lucked out n your Am H/choc rain…I’m finding them great to grow…they just do their own thing.

Shame you weren’t around this area…I got some nice clones…she clones nice.

Good luck on your next grow

P J

17 Likes

You’re very welcome.I’m from '73, so miss some parts of the time you were a teenager, but love this kind of history.Thankfully due the IRT affair in my country there was in the early 90s a lot of brick weed from different areas in the world available like oldschool Jamaican,Colombian,Thai, Indo, Phillipino, African you name it, so i could taste a bit what you had in your time as teenager.The only import we have today is from California & Canada with fancy names.Personally still miss the oldschool import.In Rotterdam we had the minty Thai, in A’dam you could buy the coffee/chocolate Thai.You remember this poster from 1977 with Colombian Gold buds?

18 Likes

Congratulations on your first Oaxaca harvest. Looking forward to a smoke report.
That pearl pheno keeps looking better and better. What’s the smell now on a mature calyx?

8 Likes

Nice pics red gold im from 70s oldschoolfarthippiecaptainfeedherbs .
@mexcurandero420 , that’s a Beautiful cache ,
Good times I’m sure ,nice ,I wished lol…
OverGrow The World substantially green. OUtdoors 28LAT…Peace…

3 Likes

Here are a few pics of Mexican punto rojo plants coming along. I’ll try to get more in better lighting tomorrow.

Good news is I pollinated a branch of each so I’ll have some f2, but bad news is I was planning to run a full open pollination in the tent and lost those due to some technical difficulties…

I definitely will have enough to give a bigger repro a chance down the road, so all good and I still have a cut of the male so I’ll try to cross him with another Mexican line for fun.

22 Likes

Nice! I have to run the pack I have. Heard really good stuff about this one.

3 Likes

The smell is kinda just danky lol seriously I can’t describe any other way. I’ll have My girl smell it she has a great nose. The actual calyx are starting to take a blueish hue also couple nights in the 30’s. Here’s my girl today!

@deeez99 the Oaxacan x red snake has a few days of cure and smoke gas smoothed out a lot. The smell is overpowering sour berry. I give a smoke report when I can smoke it first thing so it the first smoke of the day.

22 Likes

The first pic of yours looks like straight out of a book from Mel Frank :heart::100:

3 Likes

SnowHigh mexi Punta Rojo? Looks really good👍
@420noob she might be done… really close if it isn’t

2 Likes