The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Wow! I’m really impressed!
I upload some of your photos on Instagram and People start to ask for seeds again lol
What a plant!

8 Likes

Sorry about you losing your dog buddy, terrible day in life.

No question the original Colombian Gold was sprayed and targeted by force by the Colombian government to end its production, so it would be impossible for the natives to grow the original CG again. And it was gone fast under Reagan.

Street Colombian Gold was trash to the best 4 hour buzz there was and perhaps ever was. We smoked Colombian Gold for 10 years, never got burned out either. I think that’s why we loved it so much. Besides the beautiful black, brown and gold colors.

The inhale draw was smoooooth. Soon as you pulled the joint from your lips a huge explosion in your lungs occurred. The taste was toffee, caramel, earthy the good Colombian Gold.
Especially the toffee taste.

We was breeding Acapulco Gold and Colombian Gold together too. The best part of CG was the pics you took standing with the biggest leaves you ever seen in life lol. I’ll throw a couple outside next year and I’ll let them reach their full potential.

They brought Colombian Gold into Colombia, they probably created the modern-day strain after 1980 and started planting it. Baalbek Lebanese plants were also sourced into the Guerrero mountains for beeeding.

It’s documentation is out there, many say its how Acapulco Gold was made crossing them into Guerrero gentics. The Wild Lebanese plants were 30% THC and extremely resinous. I’m looking for them. This is why you saw Lebanese hash everywhere in the 70s. They made hash with the breeders in Guerrero.

The US government ordered Lebanon to hide their plants from the world after getting busted working with the Guerrero genetics. They considered then a threat to the world. Lol

Couple screenshots from my video. Just took the pics. I video mainly my stuff I do. I’ll get some pics soon. Growing them in a colder environment until I get my indoor room set up.

Shame I’ll be topping for clones and have to break it down soon. The Acapulco Gold i habe going is showing strong Sativa genetics. I’ll be crossing them soon to Colombian Gold.

I think I’m gonna cross Afghani into it first and try and create a Skunk. Especially since my male Afghani breeder is a Skunk/Afghani smell. Skunk hits you first with the Afghani bite lol.

One strain I created I rubbed in early flowring then got a killer Skunk followed by a Skunk burn. One of my new Afghani crosses did it. I’m testing all those now the new seeds. I’m crossing a Male Acapulco Gold x Bandaid Haze into it.

I forgot which plant it was. Early seeds I drop in containers, I’m not sure which new seed it was.

It may be:
Copalita village Oaxacan x Afghani
Garlic Bud x Afghani
PNW HP x Afghani
Or the (Mexican Death Sativa x Hoper Valley Gilgit) x Afghani

One of the breeding plots it come from. The Skunk Afghani pollinated them all. :100::dove:

17 Likes

Get into those old silversides oaxaca seeds I sent you and I guarantee you’ll find something similar. :wink:

9 Likes

Yes hang the whole plant or it will dry too fast. I cut off the " colas" once nearly dry, but not so dry the delicate resin flies off when handling. Then in the sealed up Walmart bag for a couple weeks, pushing all the air out after a few days.
@GregOG it’s tough losing a dog. Strange not having one.

It’s documented in this thread too. I’ve been talking about it since @ClassicGenetix told me…and those short Oaxacan/ Guerreran plants and that cedar smell and taste don’t lie.

The longflowering Oaxaca phenos can smell skunky. Real skunky. I think they are part of what made Skunk. @medmanbrand thinks Colombian…so maybe Colombian x Oaxaca x Kandahar. That’s where I’d start. Kandahar was used extensively in early hybrids.

9 Likes

Remember that i told you that @Upstate
That some Acapulco Strains are related to Lebanon genetics. Many mexicans descendants from Lebanon people. I saw pictures of some old Lebanon plants from a friend and they are pretty similar to some Acapulco plantas that i got

8 Likes

No doubt it that i’ll be growing some bro
But man! So many interesting Strains and lack of space and time.

8 Likes

The main stalk isn’t resin covered so when I put into Walmart bag should I remove the branches and put those into the plastic bag? It almost 7’ tall would need a bigger bag don’t know if I can fold that small lol.

2 Likes

Thanks @420noob that indoor Oaxacan is looking nice, does that one have any nice smells yet?

Thanks @Upstate can’t believe I forgot to comment on the smell, it’s one of the more fragrant Oaxaca’s I’ve grown. It’s got that fresh cut wood, but not pine. My comparison of pine would be more like the Peshawar and these smell different. There’s also some sweet fruit in there, it’s very enjoyable.

Oh wow thanks @Elchischas that’s quite a compliment! I did make some S1 fem seeds from a clone of this one but no regular seeds. Planning to open pollinate the rest of the pack I was gifted from Upstate sometime next year.

6 Likes

Did you make s1 with the string of pearls?

2 Likes

No, I made some reg seeds as a backcross with the string of pearls. The S1 seeds were from the Huixtepec.

5 Likes

It smells like menthol and pine.

17 Likes

Sadley I’m not old enough to have been around for the hay days of import. If I was my nose would be more honed in

One of my theories I’ve always had is cartels actually made road-kill skunk. And that it came from the Buffalo ranch in guerrero as the first commercial sensi. The few and far seeds people did find from said import sensi turned into “cali skunk”

So my guess is the sinaloans crossed sinaolaon gold to a pre soviet afghani hashplant or paki for business purposes and brought the new hybrid for commercial production in guererro. Spawning skunk weed.

After 30 years off and on of trial and error I don’t think skunk weed and or rks was just 2 very skunky plants combined with hybrid vigor making it special.

It is just a special blend of hybrid terpine profiles from a Mexican (which is debated to be related to colombian if not colombian grown in mexico) and an afghani.

My next run will be all my skunkiest presoviet hashplants x a pure colombian male. The phenotype looking like cali-0 with big long side branches competing with the top. Like a pine tree.

It’s also a chance to inbreeding the tropical feral pure line I have to make her more stable.

I don’t beleive much of what bunk man Sam has to say about alot of stuff. But he may have been right about the rks parents

mm

5 Likes

My string of pearls Oaxacan was topped so has two main branches. I should be able to harvest half and leave the other half for another week or so will no issues right?

3 Likes

@Upstate y @Papalag

33 days since I flipped the Amnesia Haze/choc rain ( Escobar repro) after 45 days Veg.

There is definitely three phenos of the three sisters.
We had a large small and med plant…since the stretch and them maturing …swing diffferent nice traits.

Today we can concentrate on number 1

This was the medium one …which I have played nip and tuck with has grown amazing side growth and is turning into a nice bouquet type shape…it’s nice even nodes…and a coloring in the stems of the leaves…I think this plant would be AM/ Haze leaning…but no expert.

I will do Pheno 2 and 3 in the next few days.( you can compare the differences.

Have a nice day

P J

19 Likes

Those look great @Panamajock, always some nice looking plants in your garden.

3 Likes

Beautiful looking :eyes: plant my friend

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Deez

I live for growing and it is great when things start to come to fruition ,but you guys on OG are a lot to do with it…especially the ones like yourself who pass out quality seeds.

I meant to tell you…F**k did the red snake go down well here…I had a party when I came back from Europe and god…was it a party…my Texas hillbilly friends…loved it.

Ye top smoke ,one of those smokes that you get nothing done if you puff in the morning…very communal…will grow again. Grt strain.

P J.

10 Likes

Wait till the next phenos

Thanks

P J

2 Likes

haha that’s awesome to hear! Thinking of popping some later this winter or early next year since I had only smoked on some seeded flower. Really a big thanks to @TexasTea that started the sharing with those. There should be many more of those seeds floating around next month I believe.

11 Likes

That is awesome to hear! I agree, such a nice strain. Great effect, fun and elegant plant to grow, and the aromas can be very candy like.

I will be making some cool crosses this winter with Red Snake and also O79 x Panama and O79 xKali China, as well as the Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan.

10 Likes