The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

This Oaxacan clone just up potted from 1 gal to 5 gal fabric! Going outside in about a week let’s see what this babe can do.

12 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. You correctly surmised that I missed that imposter detail. Now I’m even more excited!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Here’s a couple of pictures of the 4 dwarf Oaxaca from the man the myth the legend @Upstate. I got one boy who I would say fits the bill as “dwarf” he’s been the smallest plant since the start. There’s also on “shorter” female out of the three of them. These are in my greenhouse on the 50th parallel and are handling the cold weather like champs. Goal is to get them indoor this week. They’re sitting in 1 gallon bags and will probably need to be up potted soon.
Thanks again upstate ! Hoping to do these justice

21 Likes

What temps they been seeing at night? They look amazing.

4 Likes

5-Gal pot! How awesome, Go Get’r @420noob

4 Likes

Pheno 2

42 days from flip

Beautiful

17 Likes

Right I’m buckled in cause I think she gonna get it lol.

4 Likes

I’m laughing with ya for no real reason @420noob, other than we Both know its gonna be Epic !!

Have Fun WITH this one Amigo

5 Likes

So my Oaxacan just won’t let pistils brown up lol. The trics are cloudy but so many white pistils.

Peshawar Afghani

21 Likes

Coldest night time temp was -3 C or 26.6 F but average day time temp is 6 C or 42.8

3 Likes

Awesome my average day time is around 58°f and night time 36° usually only in the 30’s for a couple hours before sun comes up. She will do me proud.
Now doesn’t this Oaxacan kinda have the old brick weed look? The the size and shape.

22 Likes

Looks good, how does it smoke?

4 Likes

Nice to see you here! Glad to see you are putting some of those seeds to good use. The leaf shape of that male looks like my dwarfs did, for sure. I’m looking forward to doing a run to find some more of them myself. One or 2 more Silversides runs first. Glad to hear and see the Oaxaca plants held up well. My toughest survived 23 degrees. 19 killed it. This year’s Oaxaca Peshawar also survived multiple hard freezes, one at 25 degrees. Fan leaves were hammered though. I was just talking with the sheetrock/painting crew we work with yesterday. 3 of them are from Chiapas. This summer when the days were hot, they complained about the heat, which they said they are not used to. Lots of high elevations in Southern Mexico.

3 Likes

Can still see the Oaxaca genes shining. Looks great!
@420noob definitely looks old school. The middle pictured bud is only lacking a rolling paper😁
Sample any?
You’ve definitely got yourself an extra longflowering pheno there. I see lots of white on those calyxes. She’s going to be some :fire: for sure!
Harvest is a ways off yet. When more stigmas are brown than they are white, you’re getting close…er

5 Likes

@deeez99 and @TexasTea - Cool! How ~does~ it turn out when that kind of conjoined twins is planted?

Inquiring minds want to know! :thinking:

4 Likes

Those Buds look like they may Need some testing, for your own Safety @420noob

3 Likes

@MrGreenJeans This is my first experience with it and all I can say at this point is that they both seem fine with one being a bit more smaller. I’m just going to see how they do for a couple weeks and then possibly separate them.

8 Likes

I had a double tap root from the red snake as well.

Seems to be a trait.

Mine kinda just grew a few inches and then perished…good luck

P J

13 Likes

I’d separate them when that young, there’ll be just a tap root and minimal branching, less disturbance…

2 Likes

I had one that was male on one side and female on the other. I don’t know why these would do this. But some one on another forum mentioned radon as a possibility, which is a bit concerning to anyone living in my house. I will look into it. Still a cool trait regardless and if these were a mutation it wouldn’t effect the smoke. Worth noting I have not seen this twinning in any other seeds than just this line.

5 Likes