The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

@PineTarBastard

OXACA X MULANJE GOLD.

I cut down one of the girls yesterday at week 17 in flower, after I spotted Nanners appearing.

I’m very surprised at them appearing so late in flower …I think she only had one or two weeks to go,and there is a lot of bud there…It may have been Stress…but it’s been an uneventful grow all went well…also her sister isn’t producing nanners. ( and will leave for another week before harvesting.

My humble opinion…I think the plant has went into Rhodelization. and just wants to produce seeds .

I’m just glad I found them, as there sometimes hard to spot.
All not lost there is plenty to smoke still.

Thanks again PTB

P J

And the sisters looking great.

19 Likes

A better foto.

Cut 16/17 week floration.

P J

12 Likes

Great find @Panamajock. Catching any of the ganja maladies early, is always a win.

“Nanners late in Flower”

What is that saying about the plants health, or its own internal Gend’r situation?

3 Likes

I just had a 10 th check on chica 2 LOL
and she is fine (getting paranoid)

Another week and I can take her down.

Ye very interesting,I’ve had nanners before…but never so late in flower.

Ye Rhodelization I think.

Some pics of un nannered female.she is much darker in colour.but similar

P J

11 Likes

Rodelization takes advantage of the fact that a female plant will try to pollinate herself as a last resort when she doesn’t get pollinated and is nearing the end of her life cycle. That is why sometimes older or stressed female plants grow a few male “balls” as a last-ditch attempt to self-pollinate. When successful, she will grow a few seeds.

5 Likes

I agree with your sentiment about rhodelization, I think this is often the case with many landrace lines. IME some light pollination can often keep this tendency at bay

2 Likes

Only this past Summer did I learn of that Rescue-move from a Durban Poison specifically, on a fields (wet) edge.

True bonus IS that those seeds are then officially deemed Feminized.
Thats one of the things I picked-up from this rhodelization, they’re Fems as I’ve read
(Fighting Bilbo was also affected. Corn in the field was fine 2022. Soy Beans 2023 and the same field was a swamp)

1 Like

It’s kinda similar and the same word when females are deliberately turned into males for seed using Colloidal Silver.

But I’m no expert in that side of it.

P J

2 Likes

Thanks for that Fact as well @Panamajock
A ganja-term, that goes both Ways.
Cheers and have a great day

1 Like

I’m glad u rescued it…it was a beautiful plant if I recall.

P j

It was… but it gets another shot this Summer !
it limped-along till Sept. then I pulled the plug . Durban Poison almost levitated when i tugged. I think it jumped into my hand

13 Likes

@YoBigdaddy ,s (repro…Nanan Bouclou.

First time I’ve ever had to put five week old plants in forever pots.
All been nipped at 3rd or 4th node.( these plants will definitely need to be trained.

Incredible growth for five weeks…ye happy so far.

P J

19 Likes

Brilliant…

Keep trying …looks a real nice spot for growing…so good Canadas legal…

I been in Ontario…when I was in the merchant navy I done a few trips from Glasgow to Thunder Bay ( little Scotland…Sou saint Maria and up the Great Lakes as far as Duluth…we used to carry gargo of Bristol cream sherry and scotch whisky.incredible time in my life…I was young then and knew how to enjoy myself…fell in love loads of time.

Ye keep on rocking

P J

6 Likes

I’ve probably watched you go past this spot…
Looking due North, up Lake Huron

1000 footer heading North, during the Bridges twinning

7 Likes

Them are some beautiful plants brother, doing a stellar job they look happy and healthy. And I agree you going to have to do some training. I’m curious to see how well they respond to the topping. Keep up the great work

3 Likes

Seems to be a Oaxaca trait from my original OP. You’re spot on @Panamajock. They show, if they are going to, about 2 weeks before you’d want to harvest.

4 Likes

another male Punto rojo , beautiful leaf with very thin and very long leaflets, really old school looking sheet

24 Likes

The Traditional Oaxaca are hybrids if I didn’t say so.
The last Guadalajara plant might be far enough along to finally sex it. That plant and its male counterparts are in my veg area now, growing slowly.
SO, to clarify, Pantagruelion Traditional Oaxaca and Chiapas are hybrids/ non Mexican. Guadalajara looks legit. I have several other Mexican varieties from him, but now have cold feet about trying them. Anyone hear anything about them?

3 Likes

I hope you get a cutting just in case he’s a stud.

2 Likes

I’ve re-potted in a mix of spent spent living soil, and some river nutrients as well as a root feed.

So definitely need to train…these will go wide as well as high…
I’ve got a theory of the way I’m going to flower this…a wee experiment.

Stay tuned LOL

P J

4 Likes